EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I should be on early tonight at least some. Shoot me a tell especially if you need to finish the J5 merc quest. I'm slowly moving my schedule so by Friday or this weekend I should be on more at night.

I can also request a lot of the early HoT task I believe. We can do some of those. I still get good exp/AA on them at 92.

Nitsude_sl

shitlord
Here's an update for you folks on the fence about trying out Test and doing some progression raiding!

hsGP6TK.jpg

Performer in Demiplane down to The Faceless Order! I'm personally proud of this achievement, because this is where my last progression failed three years ago. It was a redeeming moment. For TFO as a whole, this is a great achievement by becoming the most successful non-TLP progression guild. The honor was held previously by Wrathful Inquisition, who ended their progression on the Performer fight.

Mayong Mistmoore, quite possibly the most iconic villain of EverQuest lore, will be our target tonight. Come for the nostalgia, stay for the friendships and good times. Check us out atwww.TheFacelessOrder.com, or look for us on the Test server.

Hinadurus_sl

shitlord
Now that TFO has passed WI are you getting more interest in people joining the guild? I thought it would be cool to join in, but at the time I was already lvl 80+. When I stopped this last time I was 95 with truckloads of AA. Are you guys planning on pushing to modern content or is there no real gameplan? It's fun watching the progress.

darkko_sl

shitlord
Can you send plat through parcel service? If so, anyone got any plat they could spare on test? I normally wouldn't ever ask for handouts but because plat can be copied over every 8 hours its doesn't seem as big a deal. I started fresh recently and could use a nice buffer for mercs and spells now that they are becoming expensive post 70.

darkko_sl

shitlord
Hoffren, most likely my characters will be afk at the bottom of paw tonight but if I am on I'll reply. Thanks man I appreciate it!

Titan_sl

shitlord
Ahh Damnit Nitsude, you are playing! Need good chanters on Fippy!

Realistically, if anyone wants to raid on Fippy, Just let me know. We need Druid/Rangers/Mages something fierce. Farm DoN/Anguish/Demi weekly, and PoR vote comes up i think sometime this week(Maybe begining of next week). Send me a PM on boards or Fippy.Dethed. Relive those glory days bros

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I've been having a lot of fun raiding with TFO on my beastlord. It's nice seeing the content I've missed over the years. During off-raid hours I play my higher level ranger with a steady group of friends. We're up to level 93, but kind of a loss where to continue for solid exp. We did house of thule areas like courtyard, the grounds, and the well until now, but it's slowed down a lot in the 90s. We went to some higher end VoA zones, and wihle we can kill stuff, it feels like it's also very slow, not to mention a ton more risk.

Where should we go in the mid-90s with a group of Ranger, Shadowknight, Necromancer, Bard, Magician, and J5 healer mercenary?

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
You play a rogue. You're outclassed by Beastlords, wizards, and beserkers significantly on the dps side, and your raid utility is zero. The only dps class I would prefer a rogue over is probably Monk, and it's not by a lot. If I have no rogues on a raid day, I don't blink. If I have less than 3 paladins, I wont even call a non farm raid. It's that signficiant.

Maybe you should get in a guild where modern people play modern raids before you pass yourself off as an expert.
I have serious doubts that hybrid classes like Beastlord can beat pure melee like Monk/Rogue on DPS. Hybrids need to wear focus effects, Monk/Rogue can stack 7 pieces of gear with cleave.

roddo_sl

shitlord
you've got to add in the pet on a class like beastlord though, and beastlord pets were always badass. its not to hard to imagine a beastlord and its pet out dps'ing a pure melee, especially if they aren't stacking spell focus and are going for flat out dps gear.

Nitsude_sl

shitlord
Ahh Damnit Nitsude, you are playing! Need good chanters on Fippy!

Realistically, if anyone wants to raid on Fippy, Just let me know. We need Druid/Rangers/Mages something fierce. Farm DoN/Anguish/Demi weekly, and PoR vote comes up i think sometime this week(Maybe begining of next week). Send me a PM on boards or Fippy.Dethed. Relive those glory days bros
Hey Detheb =) For some reason I prefer this much more than the TLP servers. I guess it's because I don't have to be as hardcore to raid the content.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have serious doubts that hybrid classes like Beastlord can beat pure melee like Monk/Rogue on DPS. Hybrids need to wear focus effects, Monk/Rogue can stack 7 pieces of gear with cleave.
Maybe you're talking about progression gear, but back when I played during SoD/UF/HoT all of the gear came with both focus effects and cleave on it. It wasn't like a pure melee could "stack cleave" and somehow come out better than the hybrids. We all had Cleave#on our legs, iirc (For reference, I played a beastlord and then a berserker). In my experience rogues could be very hit or miss for playability depending on how good your guild was about pushing the mob around all over the damn place.

Edit: back then my beastlord most certainlycouldout-dps a lot of our monks/rogues but that also had to do with the fact that we had some crappy monks and rogues. I switched mains to a Berserker and they were definitely the best dps at the time along with Wizards.

Krozman

N00b
Beastlords currently hold very high numbers. It will probably not always be the case, but right now a beastlord is awesome, both for it's sustained dps and the paragon/ferocity. 2 expansions ago you brought 2 of them to a raid for the buffs. Now i'd guild every beastlord I can get a hold of.

Titan_sl

shitlord
Even in Underfoot(I Guess thats 2 expansions ago?) A good beastlord could put out some insane DPS. I know bards were putting up huge numbers until they nerfed them(lol)

darkko_sl

shitlord
Whatever your willing to donate I would be more than happy with Grimson. I was looking at spells this morning and they are just under 1k a piece, so maybe 20k if you had it to spare would work fine. But really whatever works
smile.png
Thanks again

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Maybe you're talking about progression gear, but back when I played during SoD/UF/HoT all of the gear came with both focus effects and cleave on it. It wasn't like a pure melee could "stack cleave" and somehow come out better than the hybrids. We all had Cleave#on our legs, iirc (For reference, I played a beastlord and then a berserker). In my experience rogues could be very hit or miss for playability depending on how good your guild was about pushing the mob around all over the damn place.

Edit: back then my beastlord most certainlycouldout-dps a lot of our monks/rogues but that also had to do with the fact that we had some crappy monks and rogues. I switched mains to a Berserker and they were definitely the best dps at the time along with Wizards.
No, you're missing the point. The cleave focus effect does two things, it increases your crit chance and adds bonus damage to each attack. The crit chance part of the effect doesn't stack, but the bonus damage does. A Cleave IX - 30 adds a stacking 30 damage to every melee attack. With raid cultural, pure melee classes can socket this effect into every visible piece of gear (except one, you need to keep Ferocity for the double/triple attack bonus) to get 210 bonus damage to every melee attack, including all the skills that generate melee attacks. Hybrid classes cannot do this because they need those slots for various spell focuses.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Oh dear god you mean crafted gear continues to be a thing? Is it every expansion or just random ones? I'd rather get punched in the dick than have to craft to stay competitive.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I swear I am slowly watching the evolution of kreugen into grumpyoldfart.