EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I added a Test Server leveling guide, levels 1-90 to the original post. EQ is a massive game and there are literally hundreds of different options to level, but this is my power-gamer fastest road to the end game. If you are a two-boxer on Test, this guide will get you from 1-90 in a week, depending on how much you choose to AA.

Check it out.

(I am also probably going to add a guide for power levelers. It has some pretty precise requirements though, with certain classes at certain levels on different accounts, so it is not for everyone.)

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So... how useful are Paladins on test? I don't know shit about this class beyond them being tanks and able to rape some undead. It seems to feel like SK is always the better bet though lol (already have an 80ish SK, but just got a pally up to 52 last night, enjoying it so far but wondering if its dead in the end)

Positives and negatives versus SK?
Both are very enjoyable classes and neither class lacks for agro or tanking ability. The SK can be a bit more Offensive with taps and dots, while the Paladin can be a bit more Defensive with stuns and a host of buffs. They both have very high AA requirements (3k+ starting point) to be effective at high levels.

SK are more popular because they can swarm (which in my opinion is overrated, but a nice diversion). They of course get FD for pulling and other tricks, which is the biggest perk of the class. A plate tank that can FD can do some pretty crazy stuff.

Paladins get to destroy undead and have nice group buffs. Their healing is totally legit, but it also puts them in an awkward position of having a try to tank and heal at the same to get full effectiveness.

They both get access to the Pal/SK only weapons, which look crazy good on paper, but in reality only equates to middling to average DPS. Their value is the utility they bring in addition to their great tanking ability. If you intend to molo with a merc the majority of the time, you will have a long, long journey ahead of you due to the low dps the classes are capable of putting out.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I appreciate the guides, i'll have to look further more into that.
I have an 80s SK i can use to swarm WoS, and then a ranger i can use to HS shit in FoS/other places if i really want to PL myself once i hit the 60s, but i'm not too sure what i want to do.

I liked your class breakdowns, it made me consider rolling a necro as well, pally and necro are the two classes i never really got past lvl 20 lol (come to think of it I think i got one to 60 just to do his epic quest at some point) I'll continue him when the Pally catches up, and 2box)

I was initially going to pick up my Cleric when my Paladin hit 77, then just go double dps merc. However.. I forgot that he is also on my rangers account whom i want open for PLing lol, and cleric/pally is kind of retarded, although Undead would be mega fucked.

Neuad_sl

shitlord
So about AA's. . .theres so many I don't even know where to start for my ranger.

in General, Combat Agility and Stability are the 2 obvious ones to max.

in Archetype I really have no idea where to start. . . Finishing Blow and Ferocity look good? As well as Perfected Lev.

in class I planned on going towards bow first, so EQ/AM/BM but again, theres so many I have no real idea. I've tried searching around on the net and I can't find much beyond the little I have here. Any advice would be great
biggrin.png

Drade

Lord Nagafen Raider
Depending on what you want to use your ranger for can greatly impact what AAs you find most useful. If you plan to take some hits, definitely go after defensive first. You definitely want to get the bow AAs and keep headshot maxed. Avoid Punishing Blade, rangers don't 2h.

For offense, aside from bow AAs you'll want as many passive abilities that make your normal attack as strong as possible. Veteran's Wrath etc come to mind. For activated class AAs I use Guardian of the Forest most often, but at 100 Empowered Blades is quite nice. Avoid putting a bunch of AAs into nuking damage until you've gone balls out on melee ability. Outriders Attack is a nice activated atk boost to combo with guardian/accuracy whenever they are up. Auspice of the Hunter is an excellent group atk buff, and worth getting as well. To maximize what you've spent AAs on already, every 5 lvls be sure to max out planar power and planar stat AAs.

There are many routes to go and so many AAs to get for any class. What you focus on and prioritize depends mostly on what your goals are for the character.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I appreciate the guides, i'll have to look further more into that.
I have an 80s SK i can use to swarm WoS, and then a ranger i can use to HS shit in FoS/other places if i really want to PL myself once i hit the 60s, but i'm not too sure what i want to do.

I liked your class breakdowns, it made me consider rolling a necro as well, pally and necro are the two classes i never really got past lvl 20 lol (come to think of it I think i got one to 60 just to do his epic quest at some point) I'll continue him when the Pally catches up, and 2box)

I was initially going to pick up my Cleric when my Paladin hit 77, then just go double dps merc. However.. I forgot that he is also on my rangers account whom i want open for PLing lol, and cleric/pally is kind of retarded, although Undead would be mega fucked.
just sayin -- pally/necro actually makes a surprisingly good two box combo. great for dungeon crawls.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Someone was able to get access to an Officer account at like 5 am this morning and proceeded to remove over 1000 inactive/active members from the guild, including our entire active raid force.

We just removed a guy yesterday, so we're pretty confident it was him. No info yet on how he got access to the account in question.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
The person in question "Asguarde" admitted to being behind it.
L1FdlzM.jpg

He is on "Kanttank" here bragging about it. That's the officer account he somehow had access to.
aUvRxym.jpg

hoEkwIe.jpg

Any members who use the board and got removed should PM Nitsude and Myself here and we'll work to get everyone tagged again. We have a raid tonight and we're not going to let one retard stop that!

Nitsude_sl

shitlord
He was removed when we found out he was using MQ2 and telling our applicants how to install / use it.

Shit happens. Could have been worse. Gives everyone the chance to talk about something I suppose.

Grimey

Golden Knight of the Realm
He was removed when we found out he was using MQ2 and telling our applicants how to install / use it.

Shit happens. Could have been worse. Gives everyone the chance to talk about something I suppose.
Haha Asguarde was using MQ2? He suuuuuucked.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
So I managed to track down my old email account that I used for EQ back in 1999. There were 3 usernames associated with it; however, every single one of them was banned when I tried to log in (after resetting the passwords). I shot a ticket to SOE about it, but anyone know why that might be? I haven't played these things since at least 2003/4, and for sure didn't do something ban-worthy when I quit back then.

Also: shitty about the TFO stuff. Saw General talking about that today.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What a piece of shit. At least he wasn't able to delete the guild name, or hold it hostage or something.

@Brikker try phoning SOE support. I was able to get back an account that was stolen back with very little of the original info. They seem pretty helpful when you call.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
(I am also probably going to add a guide for power levelers. It has some pretty precise requirements though, with certain classes at certain levels on different accounts, so it is not for everyone.)
This sounds great, look forward to reading it. Getting the classes on different accounts is something I'd like to do for this. Also going to level a couple or three Necros and Wizzies sometime soon.

So they announced the new race/class combos to be launched March 16 - Wood Elf Beastlord and .... Froglok Monk, I shit you not.

Couple of random questions :

1. How do you go about boxing Plane of Time these days ? Guessing you can't use Mercs. I have a full party lvl 90 + so no probs with that. Do you have to do all the three initial area encounters simultaneously ?

2. Do I need to buy the latest expansion to use skills that are introduced with it ? (Warrior 96 - No time to bleed)

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1. The Plane of Time raid expedition (ALT + R) can be initiated with as little as one and as many as 72 players. It is triggered by clicking on one of the time dials in the outerboundaries of the "Plane of Time A" zone. No merc's allowed. You don't have to do the encounters simultaneously, I think they all have to be done within an hour or so (very easy for a high level group).

Phase One (one hour time limit)
Phase Two (leftover time + additional one hour)
Phase Three (leftover time + additional one hour, 15 minutes)
Phase Four (leftover time + additional four hours): Terris Thule, Saryrn, Tallon Zek, and Vallon Zek
Phase Five (leftover time + additional four hours): Cazic Thule, Bertoxxulous, Rallos Zek, and Innoruuk
Phase Six (leftover time + additional two hours): Quarm
2. If you are on Test server you will have access to it automatically. If you are not, then yes, you would have to buy the expansion to access the zone and vendor that sells the spells/skill tomes which are all (no drop/no sell) these days.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Thanks for that. Yeah I play on FV not test.

When doing phase one do you still have to have a porter to get you out or use something like a campfire so you can move between the three areas ?

Also is PoT the only raid that's instanced or did they do similar with things like the GoD raids etc ?