EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
JFC went from 2995 AA to 5826. I already had too many abilities as it was, now I have about 10 more that I've found so far for a total of four full hotbars when you include clickable stuff. Plus 12 spell gems. I like having the ability to be able to do so much awesome stuff as a high level necro, but wow it's almost too much.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah.. I was thrown off by logging on my ranger that had 2200 aas shot up to ..8k or something? assuming I can /resetaa and spend the extra 2k that i originally had, and the 6k that got granted?
Too much thinking. Alt+F4

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You can buy PBAE potions in Sol B iirc.

Edit : Bah stupid thread was still on last page, nits beat me too it.

Aye, you can get those pbaoe pots off of Zordak in Sol. If you're on Test and want to avoid the trouble, I have a bunch in my guild bank. PM me your name and I'll parcel some.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
What's the best way to powerlevel a class to 70 that doesn't have a PBAE spell, and thus can't be powerleveled by pulling 500 mobs, putting up a damage shield, healing yourself for aggro, and then having the newbie PBAE the mobs to get on their hate list and get full XP for all 500?
Group the guy with a bard, play 3 DS songs, drop grp. Kaching.

Zithax

Molten Core Raider
Isn't there supposed to be another progression server in march? Any info about this yet, or perhaps the launch date?

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Isn't there supposed to be another progression server in march? Any info about this yet, or perhaps the launch date?
Here's all the info:

No new TLP server this year @ the anniversary. Confirmed athttp://eqresource.com/board/index.php?topic=2125

Thom Terrazas: <not sure who asked this> About another TLP Server - We chose not to do another TLP server for the Anniversary. There are two servers now and one of them is a much higher population and opening another might confuse people. However, we have discussed over the last year to do a different rule set server. These do take a lot of effort and we receive many suggestions all the time. Maybe we ought to open more dialogue on the forums and then do a poll for In-Game for the most requested/favorite.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
lvl_32_sapphere -- sorry i bailed on ya in chardok the other night after asking for help camping Fabled Overking Bathezid...

that aside.... i did some more digging about him, and he seems to be a really rare spawn for a Fabled.... i've killed like 5 Overkings since then and haven't seen the Fabled one (which from what i've read seems to be expected).... and then i looked closer at the ZAM page for the Fabled version.... the dude has like 2.5million HP lol.... some people are saying the fight took like an hour.... dunno if i want to make anyone else sit through that
smile.png
i'm just gonna grind out some levels and hopefully i'll be able to tackle it molo before the anniversary stuff is over this year.

a post on ZAM says he only does like 300-400DPS against a 75 paladin, which i could handle if it weren't for him having so much HP.... 2.5million HP is a ridiculous hump for my current setup to overcome heh.

thanks though man, hope you're doing well.
smile.png

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What sort of XP rate should I be getting these days? As a 81/3000 wizard, solo I'm getting around 0.7% per even-con mob in Hills of Shade. Old Field of Scale on weak con yellow mobs it's around 0.4% but they die in about 10 seconds. Sound reasonable?

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I wrote out a three page rant about retarded kids getting level 85 by pressing "play everquest" and deleted it but it all comes down to me getting old and hating kids and the generations that come after mine. "I want this now, i dont want to work for anything and mom get me some more milk".

I just think that its a stupid idea but i get why its here and why its happening.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Anyone have a good list of Fabled targets worth hitting?

Fabled Ball of Golem Clay is a gem.
7: Mitigate Melee Damage by 5%, 84925 total
8: Add Proc: Earthen Mud

Clicky is on a longish reuse, but adds 5% melee mitigation and a 75% snare proc. Comes from frog traps in Earth-A - 5 easy PH to kill plus some trash with ~20 min repops. While you're in earth, or between repops, the Fabled Club of Slime procs a 10% cold-based slow and drops every time - compare this to the normal ~5% droprate, but the traps for this one required almost precise /loc coordinates. I'll try to post em up this weekend.

fable snow bunny in eastern wastes- if theyd ever make the helm actually have bunny ears

some of the luclin clickies last a very long time. i can remember when luclin fabled first debuted- some sort of bp clicky had a DS that lasted near 4 hours

Flight

Molten Core Raider
I wrote out a three page rant about retarded kids getting level 85 by pressing "play everquest" and deleted it but it all comes down to me getting old and hating kids and the generations that come after mine. "I want this now, i dont want to work for anything and mom get me some more milk".

I just think that its a stupid idea but i get why its here and why its happening.
Similar thoughts here. Nearly posted an R.I.P. EQ1 thread in the General MMO forum when the patch hit last week.

All the major changes of the last couple of weeks combined with Heroic Characters makes the first dozen years of content redundant. Trying to force the EQ1 playerbase into the newer expansions is on par with giving Coke a new recipe.