EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

Nitsude_sl

shitlord
I feel like they gave up with the AA release. It's obvious the problem that AA's pose for people wanting to break into the end game. That being said, AA grinding was a huge part of EQ content, and now it's gone. For those of us who did something other than group in the end-game, the nerf of decap / headshot and AA auto-granting has led most of us to find other games to play outside of raid times.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Has anyone gotten the latent bp, arms, or boots on copy yet?
smile.png

Zeldagis_sl

shitlord
I feel like they gave up with the AA release. It's obvious the problem that AA's pose for people wanting to break into the end game. That being said, AA grinding was a huge part of EQ content, and now it's gone. For those of us who did something other than group in the end-game, the nerf of decap / headshot and AA auto-granting has led most of us to find other games to play outside of raid times.
Remember, the AAs you get are only to House of Thule. There's still plenty of grinding to do. Also, it's not like anyone is holding a gun to your head forcing you to click that button. If you want to play and grind your AA, you still can.

The granted AAs and the Heroic 85 characters are going to help revitalize the game (at least in the short term). Yes, people are going to get stuck in groups with idiots that don't know how to play their class, but the game will keep more people if people will help them learn.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
So has the AA patch / killing headshot made people actually group up or is EQ pugging still dead in the water

Mystrak_sl

shitlord
Well if you're like me and you copied your primary characters over, then tried the heroic out (I was just 73) you'll have to delete them if you want to make them heroic on live. Then you can't copy them back. Oh well, I was sort of messing around more on live than test anyway.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Well if you're like me and you copied your primary characters over, then tried the heroic out (I was just 73) you'll have to delete them if you want to make them heroic on live. Then you can't copy them back. Oh well, I was sort of messing around more on live than test anyway.
This seems shortsighted; my guess is this was either overlooked, or due to code.

The code explanation is simply that the SOE system can't handle an extra HEROIC flagged character on your account without paying to unlock the slot.

Poor move will lock out folks from /testcopying over to test new content and use the arena dummies. The plat can easily be given to a non-heroic character and copied over, surely that can't be their reason.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Ok since they are giving out free level 85s, I have a question.

Which non-progression server is the least populated? Or if anybody possibly knows the answer to this, which server is the server most likely to have raid bosses from PoP and earlier unkilled?

Raynard_sl

shitlord
Ok since they are giving out free level 85s, I have a question.

Which non-progression server is the least populated? Or if anybody possibly knows the answer to this, which server is the server most likely to have raid bosses from PoP and earlier unkilled?
Trakanon

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
So going to be making my chars tonight. Do I need to get gold to utilize all those free AA? Gonna 2 box and looking for advice on class. Will be Fionia Vie Server Whidon and Whidona unless names are taken somehow.

I love Necros back in the day. How do they compare now? any good 2 box combos with Necro?

Could anyone maybe give me a run down on the state of classes? I don't really care about Melee DPS as I hate playing them. Almost certinly going to do a healer, but interested in info about Bard, ENC, Druid, Shaman, NEC, and maybe SK or monk?

Stench

Golden Knight of the Realm
Anyone know what they're checking on the "1 free heroic character per household" for newly created accounts? I assume its IP address only? Trying to make one of everything
smile.png

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Last time I logged onto EQ there was just so many AA's and gems/stones (?) it was completely overwhelming. When I think of EQ I essentially want MMO at in its simplest form. If a person were to grab one of these heroic characters how frustrating would be to actually take part in the game?

used one heroic on a my ranger (on zek) server dead as fuck. i got one more account to heroic. is there an official server for rerolled? or guild? i dont want to waste this last one on a dead server. not saying ill play but i want the option out there.

Uzi_sl

shitlord
im on cazic atm, 100 monk and rolled a heroic mage to box. and a heroic chanter and sham on old accounts just as buff bitches. cazic seems packed at all hours, way more then other servers

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Cazic and Xegony are the two most populated servers.

I'm on test, which has a lot of great perks outlined in the first post on this thread. Population is small, doesn't have the critical mass for a lot of guilds. Progression guilds come and go all the time; TFO has made it all the way to 85 and is a super nice group of folks, Return to Glory is the next progression guild and they're hoping to break into Omens in the next week, while basically the rest have been flashes in the pans. Free to play and /testcopy make it a different experience than most other servers. Also on Test atm you can delete your Heroic character to reroll them (change classes) or to get the heroic slot back onto Live, if you want to check it out.