EQ Never

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
FYI this short animation was done by Don Bluth who was one of the artists working with Storybricks before they worked with SOE
Yup, he was also on board with Disney for a spell. I thought the animation in that video was great. Bluth wont even mention it though. Movie not so good, but no reason for him to be ashamed of his work.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
There's a difference between no evil at all, and no races being predetermined as evil. From what we know, evil in this world will be created by players through their actions. Do you choose to save the farmers, or help the Orcs pillage them? So to suggest that evil won't be present in the 'stories that we create as players' seems false. If anything, it seems player stories are the sole determinant in whether you are considered evil.

While it waters down the importance of racial choice, I think it makes 'evil' an actual real thing. How many Dark Elf players in EverQuest actually acted evil? To me, they were just like other players for the most part - besides being KOS at certain cities simply by virtue of their race choice.
Yeah, demanding that Race A is Always Good and Race B is Always Evil is a pretty puerile mindset that even D&D has been moving away from.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
Fuck Spore. I bet there was a Spore reddit about how 'fucking amazing this game is gonna be.'

The corporate marketing bullshit has penetrated our industry to such a degree ... there's no going back to the gaming industry we love.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
Yeah, demanding that Race A is Always Good and Race B is Always Evil is a pretty puerile mindset that even D&D has been moving away from.
So the solution is to make everything a generic 'neutral-ish good', and if you wanna be bad, you can't bethat bad, justDisney bad, driven by pure mass market appeal. Fuck you and your always retarded defense of an industry that is now indefensible.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't care for the Ogre art; I'd rather that be an alternate Orc form.
Speaking of Orcs, I wonder if any sects will return to the Roman style befitting "Centurion" and "Legionnaire"

Dumar_sl

shitlord
You can have conflict without hardcoded alignments, you unimaginative dolt.
They don't have to be hardcoded, but alignments and conflicts should exist from the beginning, not all generic races starting in the same generic city.

Call it like it is: lazy design.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
You can, but SOE shouldn't. See my comments about Red Letter Media. SOE isn't good enough as a company to break away from traditional fantasy themes. They should stick to what they knew instead of going for a post-modern EQ where we're all just shades of grey.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I would like the Gods to determine AI behavior. For example, followers of Rallos Zek lean towards fighting and multiple group battles: war. When a npc generates, it could get randomly tagged with a God following. Some, like Orcs, could be more prone to and higher chance of rolling Rallos Zek as their God.
However, even a High Elf could get that. I doubt this particular game would go that deep however.
I would like God worship selection to assist more in behavior and class selection.

Aside: If one can change their skin on a sliding scale upon character creation, I'd like Half-Elves to go all the way from Dark Elf Ink : Wood Elf Tan : High Elf Porcelain

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Have you read anything about EQnext at all? Or are you just rambling to nobody in particular...?

Your post makes so little sense I don't know where to start.

Mughal

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Ok now I am trying to put a positive spin.

- They are the same guys that did the original EQ
- They are moving away from subscriptions
- We have just seen the game for the first time, let me remind you how the most successful MMORPG in the world looked like after being announced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AacD1EcQ5CI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpMtfwsgRKE

And to those that say 'looks like WoW', well not really, because WoW does not have any emergent AI nor user generated content or destructible environment (yet)

Looks cartoonish? Sure. Let's have a look at Rift (2011) or TESO (2014). We are not at the point where we can create realistic models that can stay in the market for 5+ years. We are getting close tho ->http://vimeo.com/73422331

BUT! Read 'Understanding Comics' by Scott McCloud. It kinda makes sense to have a less realistic approach anyway.

My 0.02

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Well good then, that means we have time to make some change happen. I'm gonna bitch and moan as loudly as I can until that Dark Elf looks like a fucking Dark Elf.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Ok now I am trying to put a positive spin.

- They are the same guys that did the original EQ
- They are moving away from subscriptions
- We have just seen the game for the first time, let me remind you how the most successful MMORPG in the world looked like after being announced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AacD1EcQ5CI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpMtfwsgRKE

And to those that say 'looks like WoW', well not really, because WoW does not have any emergent AI nor user generated content or destructible environment (yet)

Looks cartoonish? Sure. Let's have a look at Rift (2011) or TESO (2014). We are not at the point where we can create realistic models that can stay in the market for 5+ years. We are getting close tho ->http://vimeo.com/73422331

BUT! Read 'Understanding Comics' by Scott McCloud. It kinda makes sense to have a less realistic approach anyway.

My 0.02
I don't mind the stylistic approach, in general. I mind the DEs. When I saw Disney's Tangled I said - that's what EQ3 should look like for all the usual reasons (longevity, etc., etc.) but even Disney's Tangled had some nasty looking bad guys (and some nasty looking good guys).

Carl_sl

shitlord
I apologize for being that guy today but did I miss something other than just some pictures of races? like new info or anything?