EQ Never

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
New male dark elf art looks way meaner than the in-game model we've seen.

rrr_img_68427.jpg
i think in another update or two we'll have World of Warcraft Draenei females = Darkelves.

Anyway, are these even Darkelves at this point? They're purple with horns and arm spikes and shit.

rrr_img_68445.jpg

Mur_sl

shitlord
Anyway, are these even Darkelves at this point? They're purple with horns and arm spikes and shit.
Yeah but,Lore.

Moorgard is pullin' some crazy shit out with the Next Lore. The new DE's are infused with dragon essence, and fucked up from their time in the Umbra. (Dark side of the moon?)

Edit: Flex the Ninja slipping a Pic in while I replied...stupified!

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
i think in another update or two we'll have World of Warcraft Draenei females = Darkelves.

rrr_img_68445.jpg
I loved these Dark Elves.... EQII, has some decent looking DE's. My EQII character looks like an EQ Dark Elf.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Yeah but,Lore.

Moorgard is pullin' some crazy shit out with the Next Lore. The new DE's are infused with dragon essence, and fucked up from their time in the Umbra. (Dark side of the moon?)

Edit: Flex the Ninja slipping a Pic in while I replied...stupified!
Lore guy keeps emphasizing that the Tier'dal are in a 'shadowy place'. I'm thinking the Umbra may be related to the Plane of Shadow or Luclin itself... And the Dark Elves are intermingling with the Akhevans somehow.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I think that concept art looks pretty good. EQ2 DE looks fucking retarded, as does the luclin model. And the classic model, while stylistically great is gonna be 20 years old soon. EQ1s best darkelf was prolly the master of dreadspire, its a shame they didn't have whoever did those models around during luclin and EQ2s development.

rrr_img_68463.jpg

Oh and if the concept art is a rip off of anything take a look at the slyvan in GW2, it looks alot like that, but anyone who thinks it looks like a draenei is on crack.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Problem is that theyre prly just going to end up trying to hard and making shit look absurd - EQ1 DEs didnt look amazing, they were just purple elves and that fit just fine.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well it doesn't make me want to vomit like Navi dark elf did so that a clear improvement. It looks a bit more WoW influenced then the Disney influenced Navi DE did.

They also have option to make Inny the head bad guy of the place where the DE were trapped in EQ Next. That would bring Next DE into the same ballpark origins wise with the rest of EQ DE somewhat.

Mur_sl

shitlord
So according to Butler, Halas is the home of Humans who were left behind, when the Combine fled to Kunark. He also conspiratorially mentions that they were not destroyed by the dragons. To me this suggests that Vox, who was opposed to the war against the lesser races, somehow protected the Halasians from the ring of scale. Of course maybe they were just able to hide out, and not draw attention to themselves, living simple lives off the land, and becoming more barbaric, and less of a threat to the dragons.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I think that concept art looks pretty good. EQ2 DE looks fucking retarded, as does the luclin model. And the classic model, while stylistically great is gonna be 20 years old soon. EQ1s best darkelf was prolly the master of dreadspire, its a shame they didn't have whoever did those models around during luclin and EQ2s development.

rrr_img_68463.jpg

Oh and if the concept art is a rip off of anything take a look at the slyvan in GW2, it looks alot like that, but anyone who thinks it looks like a draenei is on crack.
just looking at this pic makes me want to play original EQ again.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Dreadspire is the last raid zone I actively raided but never got to finish :/ Never got to see Mayong in person.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
The mayong arc, across so many years chasing him through the raid zones was pretty great lore. You start with whispers of rumors in dragons of norrath. Fight through DoDH to the end, watch him fall over dead on the ground and realize a few moments later you got played and helped him ascend. Then like 3 more expacs chasing him until twin gods. EQ1 lore and story telling really hit a good stride there after a few years of low points in POP through OOW. I definitely liked that they didnt have the good guys always winning, the story is more fun and more real when the good guys arent winning.

I really hope mayong makes it into EQN.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
The mayong arc, across so many years chasing him through the raid zones was pretty great lore. You start with whispers of rumors in dragons of norrath. Fight through DoDH to the end, watch him fall over dead on the ground and realize a few moments later you got played and helped him ascend. Then like 3 more expacs chasing him until twin gods. EQ1 lore and story telling really hit a good stride there after a few years of low points in POP through OOW. I definitely liked that they didnt have the good guys always winning, the story is more fun and more real when the good guys arent winning.

I really hope mayong makes it into EQN.
They've confirmed Miragul, and it could just be my opinion, but I think Mayong is way more iconic than him.

Mur_sl

shitlord
They've confirmed Miragul, and it could just be my opinion, but I think Mayong is way more iconic than him.
True, but they also said he's no longer an Erudite Necro Lich, but rather that he's the Emperor of the Takish ,(Elven), empire at it's height. He's now the guy who enslaved all the other races, and started shit with the dragons. (although I expect he'll still be a Lich in game). Moorgard said some characters from the old EQ world would be in game, but they would be re-imaginings, so Mayong could be a Gnoll who runs at the walls a Qeynos all day long shouting inane babble for all we know.