EQ Never

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just a thought. Watching the H1Z1 stream, the way the game is shaping up in regards to the survival aspect. Needing food and water and constantly being on the look out for more. I'm wondering if they plan to go a similar route with EQN?
To be quick and to the point - EQ:Next is going to have a very large casual crowd that transitions from Landmark. The devs will probably go the route of WoW with Restoring Hp/Mana and giving a buff. But just to have it to survive is kin to tedium in a game like EQN. Its a challenge in H1Z1 to have food and water in a post-apocalyptic setting and is already a survival game. Two very different themes.

On a different note: I love how Trost gets so gitty when he talks about EverQuest. To think he still has passion like that after 15 years of the same shit.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
I feel like Landmark's casual appeal actually works in benefit of EQN being a bit tougher. Maybe I'm way wrong, we should get an idea soon enough!

Spynx_sl

shitlord
I'm getting scared I'm going to get shitty performance in eqn. I have an i5 3770k gtx 780ti 8gigs of ram. When I'm standing still in landmark I'm at 80+ fps on ultra. When I move at all I drop to like 15 and it chunks all the time. Oddly enough I run titanfall ultra settings 120 fps. Eso ultra settings 85fps etc etc. I will be seriously pissed if it's choppy in eqn.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I'm getting scared I'm going to get shitty performance in eqn. I have an i5 3770k gtx 780ti 8gigs of ram. When I'm standing still in landmark I'm at 80+ fps on ultra. When I move at all I drop to like 15 and it chunks all the time. Oddly enough I run titanfall ultra settings 120 fps. Eso ultra settings 85fps etc etc. I will be seriously pissed if it's choppy in eqn.
I'm on a 2600k and a GTX 780 and I'm not experiencing that... Strange.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wont be building a rig until EQN hits alpha. It could be another year before that happens..

rolx_sl

shitlord
Geezus has it already been a year since the last SOE live? It seems like it was just yesterday I was raging about it last year.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I wont be building a rig until EQN hits alpha. It could be another year before that happens..
This is my thought. I've upped some things in my rig but i'm waiting to buy a video card until I get some more info on EQNext. I'm assuming we still have quite a bit of time as well so who knows what will be out and where the prices are going to go in the next year or so.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
it's been so hush hush with EQN. Hard to predict when it might drop. I really think EQL is holding it up..as in a lot of it is done.

Daidraco

According to some of the Dev posts and video blogs about performance > Basically everything around you within a predefined radius is being drawn. Whether its the light stand inside a House, the Cave system under the ground, or the mineral node areas. Its all being drawn. Everything. They are currently working on fixing this. I am clueless why its like this, and why they didnt just design it that way from the ground up, but apparently it has something to do with how Voxels are done. When I originally started playing Landmark I had "ok" frame rate. When I logged in to check out the cave systems, my fps went to shit. So Im in the same boat as you and its pretty common. The people that arent lagging seem to be in the minority.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I will be doing the same. I think that working with the voxel tech is what's slowing this game down a lot. The live testing of certain issues with EQL will help this launch immensely whenever that is. Still the game I've been most excited for a quite a while.

Spynx_sl

shitlord
I hope building ( when destroyed ) require resources to rebuild. Fighting over resources for a main city could be meaningful pvp. I can see a shit ton of exploits though for pve... Dig a hole pull the boss...he falls in and get get out etc..

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
Just a thought. Watching the H1Z1 stream, the way the game is shaping up in regards to the survival aspect. Needing food and water and constantly being on the look out for more. I'm wondering if they plan to go a similar route with EQN?
I hope building ( when destroyed ) require resources to rebuild. Fighting over resources for a main city could be meaningful pvp. I can see a shit ton of exploits though for pve... Dig a hole pull the boss...he falls in and get get out etc..
:|

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You are either running an i5 3570k or an i7 3770k, i assume.

That said im running an i7 3770 myself with a shitty gtx 560 (i think) and get around 35 - 20 fps on high to very high settings, (almost) no chunking.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Wasn't planning on upgrading my PC anytime soon. If this game really draws me in then I guess I will need to upgrade.

Daidraco

Wasn't planning on upgrading my PC anytime soon. If this game really draws me in then I guess I will need to upgrade.
Well the one guy was talking about upgrading his PC for Alpha, I guess being confident that SoE will handle alpha just like they did with Landmark. But I dont think EQ:Next is going to release (retail) for a hot minute, still. Just guessing and being optimistic, I would say mid to late 2016. If a 780 was announced and technically came out in mid 2013 - A video card 3 years later is going to be massively different. I just didnt want to shit all over the guy bragging about financing a PC and getting a second 780 put in. Now if he was saying hes getting a second GTX Titan, or just simply getting a Titan Z... But thats besides the point.

TL;DR : By the time EQN comes out, you'll have needed to upgrade your PC just to keep up with games anyways.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
According to some of the Dev posts and video blogs about performance > Basically everything around you within a predefined radius is being drawn. Whether its the light stand inside a House, the Cave system under the ground, or the mineral node areas. Its all being drawn. Everything. They are currently working on fixing this. I am clueless why its like this, and why they didnt just design it that way from the ground up, but apparently it has something to do with how Voxels are done. When I originally started playing Landmark I had "ok" frame rate. When I logged in to check out the cave systems, my fps went to shit. So Im in the same boat as you and its pretty common. The people that arent lagging seem to be in the minority.
Because they just took the engine for Planetside 2 and called it a day, and that's exactly the problem PS2 has.

Spynx_sl

shitlord
Well the one guy was talking about upgrading his PC for Alpha, I guess being confident that SoE will handle alpha just like they did with Landmark. But I dont think EQ:Next is going to release (retail) for a hot minute, still. Just guessing and being optimistic, I would say mid to late 2016. If a 780 was announced and technically came out in mid 2013 - A video card 3 years later is going to be massively different. I just didnt want to shit all over the guy bragging about financing a PC and getting a second 780 put in. Now if he was saying hes getting a second GTX Titan, or just simply getting a Titan Z... But thats besides the point.

TL;DR : By the time EQN comes out, you'll have needed to upgrade your PC just to keep up with games anyways.
I was not bragging at all, sorry if it came off that way
frown.png
. I prefer to finance vs just buy one outright. I did that same thing with a second 580 in my old rig and it lasted me until this 780 I have now.. Ill rock what I have now for at least another 4-5 years.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
SOE Live - SOE Live : Lineup

Withfiveseparate events on the weekend talking just about Everquest Next, Including ones focusing on Content,Classes and the Technology about the game makes me think they will show us a much more polished project. I predict it will be a modded version of Landmark at this point and not a complete game.

I'd like to see some actual combat and game play hopefully something with Storybricks. The Storybricks people recently name dropped SOE Live in a recent conference about seeing it's technology in action so I hope we have some content.