EQ Never

Mur_sl

shitlord
SOE Day 1 so far

rrr_img_73663.jpg
Da Fuck?! Looks like he's expecting a glorious money shot...

Mur_sl

shitlord
The word so far is that mobs don't like to be farmed, so its not total random spawns but if an orc camp gets killed X amounts of time then the orc camp stops spawning and spawns in another location.

The location apparently will have attributes as well such as player traffic and NPC guard population.

They said an area that is a relatively easy beginning spot could be filled with dragons a year later.
To expand a bit, it was mentioned that mobs have certain things that they like, and things they dislike. Orcs like loot, and lonely areas they can ambush; they dislike dying, and guards. So orcs will gravitate (they will actually migrate) to areas that allow them to ambush travellers, but if players and/or guards begin to slaughter them, they will pick up camp, and find a new place to waylay the unwary. Say you find a cave system, and there is a Orge boss mob and it's thralls; you kill it. It will never respawn, as it was a unique mob. Well word goes out to other things in the area, and they move into the cave system. Maybe it's a bunch of Kobolds, or maybe a Dragon; depends on if a certain mob types needs can be fulfilled by moving into that now empty cave system.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The challenge is making all those story bricks scripts function smoothly when there are 100+ players in a zone all at different locations looking for something to do. If the Orc camp script doesn't start over every 10-15 minutes, then some other AI script has to replace it otherwise there will be large portions of the zone with nothing to do because other players have already completed the script, event, quest, etc.
I feel like they will most likely just have place holders that have a common theme with orcs would move into the area. Its very unlikely that they would have Mushroom Men or something move in and take over Crushbone for example. So after you kill D'vinn's brother, a small band of Orc pawns respawn with an Oracle leader. Nothing notable, or powerful, but it leaves the area with "something" and doesnt leave it empty and if its that random, the place holders may be the gate keepers to camps. So if the mobs dont have a certain power level or rank, then the Oracle and pawns will fend off an invasion. Then, like Rift, your newest Rare rolls up in his gang and either - beats that oracles ass and takes over, or assimilates them into his group. That seems like it would work with this system anyways, and be logical.

Also, the Dark Elf looks good - dont get me wrong. But the horns are a big departure from the Dark Elves that I know and like. Not a "I hate this game now" kind of attitude, but whatever.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
No animation canceling so far, all of it was stationary. Combat is action style btw, aim and fire

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Landmark combat is

HP bar,Armor Bar, Mana bar. All three of them regenerate like a FPS.

Weapons have a left and right click attacks that do different things.

It's definitely not ability mashing.

Also if you craft a "Fire Sword" you get one move set but if you craft "Fire sword and shield" you'll get a different move set

Reminds me of a game like the Witcher, Action combat no targeting you have to aim.

Vitality

HUSTLE
No animation canceling so far, all of it was stationary. Combat is action style btw, aim and fire
Yeah I deduced as much, Animation canceling in action style combat is pretty important as far as reaction timing goes.

For instance, I don't want to get animation locked into a snipe action with the bow and not be able to move/dodge mid animation.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I am liking their overall style with Landmark. One must assume that they are sharing resources with Next

Mur_sl

shitlord
I figured it would be. They mentioned last year that weapons would have reach, so everything within the arc of the swing would get hit, single or multiple targets. Big weapons having a larger arc.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Combat in Landmark, August 27, voluntary PVP taking place on claims. Create your own spawn points and "control" points (like CTF).

Fingz_sl

shitlord
To expand a bit, it was mentioned that mobs have certain things that they like, and things they dislike. Orcs like loot, and lonely areas they can ambush; they dislike dying, and guards. So orcs will gravitate (they will actually migrate) to areas that allow them to ambush travellers, but if players and/or guards begin to slaughter them, they will pick up camp, and find a new place to waylay the unwary. Say you find a cave system, and there is a Orge boss mob and it's thralls; you kill it. It will never respawn, as it was a unique mob. Well word goes out to other things in the area, and they move into the cave system. Maybe it's a bunch of Kobolds, or maybe a Dragon; depends on if a certain mob types needs can be fulfilled by moving into that now empty cave system.
Reading that, I wonder if a guild will keep clearing the caverns hoping to get the dragon that drops sword X to spawn?

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Yea, armor is going to have passive bonuses as well, robes increase skill range, leather increases movement ability etc. PVP is coming to landmark soon, claim based battleground style like we've been expecting. PVP game types, deathmatch, team deathmatch, capture and hold. They are showing a demo of capture and hold right now.

Edit: watching to pvp, i don't know how important animation canceling will be, everything seems to be castable on the move so far. Hard to tell if you can interrupt a skill with another skill tho

Quaid

Trump's Staff
PVP on claims confirmed. Can define your game type (arena, C&H etc), set spawn points... Looks legit