Lenas

Trump's Staff
Combat shots.

rrr_img_73667.jpg
rrr_img_73668.jpg
rrr_img_73669.jpg

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Yeah I deduced as much, Animation canceling in action style combat is pretty important as far as reaction timing goes.

For instance, I don't want to get animation locked into a snipe action with the bow and not be able to move/dodge mid animation.
In The Game That Can Not Be Mentioned (lest I get negged again for shitting up the thread) animation clipping is allowed. Knowing the animation priority system and how/when to clip maximizes DPS and is what separates the good players from the average ones.

I agree with Vitality' assessment. Hopefully EQNext will support animation clipping.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
The catapult, moving platform, teleporter objects were really well-made. Set the initial one down, set the end-point item down, and the game takes care of everything like calculating arcs etc.

Mur_sl

shitlord
Reading that, I wonder if a guild will keep clearing the caverns hoping to get the dragon that drops sword X to spawn?
Maybe, not sure if the farming of the cave would encourage a dragon to show up, or if nothing would ever move in, because everything seemed to die in that cave system. One thing is that what I described make sense for the proc-generated caves/caverns, but I don't think it will work in a featured landmark (Seb, Crush, Befallen) type of dungeon, with a famously well know named boss, unless even those boss mobs are going to be unique.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
IMO, loot will be far more general. There won't be a single dragon that drops a badass sword for you to farm. More likely, all dragons will drop scales which you can then have someone craft into a badass sword or use to modify your own armor, etc. I think this because SOE has stated multiple times in the past that unique mobs like that really will be one-time deals. Once Nagafen is dead, he's dead. The chance is still there for legendary one-time drops though.

Blackwulf

N00b
Any good resource for keeping up to date on this game's status? I mean I like to look every week or two and see what's new, what's planned, any official news, etc. This thread is entertaining, but not really full of useful info, if you know what I mean
wink.png

Vitality

HUSTLE
Any good resource for keeping up to date on this game's status? I mean I like to look every week or two and see what's new, what's planned, any official news, etc. This thread is entertaining, but not really full of useful info, if you know what I mean
wink.png
EQN redditis pretty solid actually. About as solid as most reddits get atleast.