EQ Never

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
A few months? After two plus years there's absolutely nothing concrete about the game. There's nothing except concept art and conjecture. Stop being a fucking shill.
What did we get since Sand Art? We had the class scheme (all we got was a few more class names). We had the combat system (weapon prof+slotable skills) and nothing really new. We had the open world destructible system.

Yes, we got some AI district conquest simulation stuff that wasn't alluded then. But in terms of general stuff, for a game that was supposed to be in a playable state (dixit Smed) by the end of 2013, we got nothing that suggest that, not only there was no significant work done on EQN since, but there wasn't much before.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Who would have thought a single tweet would have ruined so many lives. So much Duppin level crying in here because Smed was wrong about a date.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I'm not an SOE fanboy by any measure, but there isn't much to pass judgement on regarding EQN. Chill out about it. As far as Landmark, I doubt they ever intended it to be a great game all by itself.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I'm not an SOE fanboy by any measure, but there isn't much to pass judgement on regarding EQN. Chill out about it. As far as Landmark, I doubt they ever intended it to be a great game all by itself.
I agree with you Agraza which is why I'm laughing at the amount of shill getting slung around in this thread.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
What you see is what you get, so after that awesome performance 2013 no wonder peeps still having sandy (arty) vags.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
What do the stop starts have to do with how long ago they held Sand Art 2013 / gave the last info about EQN? That was the discussion you jumped into, not how long or since when some version of a new Everquest was in the works.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
What do the stop starts have to do with how long ago they held Sand Art 2013 / gave the last info about EQN? That was the discussion you jumped into, not how long or since when some version of a new Everquest was in the works.
and I had just forgotten about the sand art. thx.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
The sand art wouldn't have even really been a problem if it didn't last so fucking long. Eventually I just wanted to kill myself.

Vitality

HUSTLE
The sand art wouldn't have even really been a problem if it didn't last so fucking long. Eventually I just wanted to kill myself.
I would have liked it better if it was some kind of hyped up cutscene or something. I had no idea what it was even about... just some elf overlooking a forest and fighting for no reason.

At the time I really wanted to like it too, I was pretty excited for all the stuff I thought they'd say.

"Everquest: Gaia?" And I frowned.

Elidroth_sl

shitlord
I would have liked it better if it was some kind of hyped up cutscene or something. I had no idea what it was even about... just some elf overlooking a forest and fighting for no reason.

At the time I really wanted to like it too, I was pretty excited for all the stuff I thought they'd say.

"Everquest: Gaia?" And I frowned.
The sand art thing was actually a significant part of the high-level lore of the game. It just didn't come off as they intended. Part of the problem is very few people realized the guy was doing it live on-stage. Had it been announced prior, that this was lore, it probably would have gone over better, I think.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
At this rate there's no way this game is getting released in less than 2 years at a minimum, they still haven't shown how storybricks will actually work in the game. And I still despise the art direction, Keith Parkinson is turning over in is grave right now.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
At this rate there's no way this game is getting released in less than 2 years at a minimum, they still haven't shown how storybricks will actually work in the game. And I still despise the art direction, Keith Parkinson is turning over in is grave right now.
Are you claiming that EQ1 emulated (or even sought to emulate) Keith Parkinson's work?

Grizzlebeard_sl

shitlord
Whenever I see the odd gameplay video for this game I'm reminded way more of Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning than I am of anything remotely resembling Everquest.

I'm thinking that's probably a bad thing regardless of how much I enjoyed KoA:R.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
No.. I don't. Because the official reveal of what EQN actually is was in August, 2013.
The point being here you have too many points of failure that are out of your control with third party.

You also have Butler and Georgeson who are two of the worst producers/directors in the history of the industry. You have a CEO which, for some reason, still trusts these asshats when in reality what he should do (And I actually like Smed these days) is to clean the fucking house and get some talent in there that don't continually blow each other each day on how awesome their horrible user interfaces are in Landmark. The communication gaps you have between your company and the consumer are fucking horrific, with a CEO stating H1Z1 would never have Pay to win features with guns/ammo in the game 2 days before the game was launched EA and that wasn't even close to true. Christ, you guys cannot even communicate to the CEO the changes in a game before he goes public with information.

How the hell is your organization even in business still? Doubt it will be for long. Smedley, clean house. The good ol' boys club must die a painful agonizing death and you have professional kiss asses that shouldn't be in your employ. The entire shit train with SOE started with McQuaid, Butler, Scotto, and the like. It continues with Georgeson and Butler (Not shocking here). Until these clowns are erased from the organization, this entire corporate shit puddle will continue to be the island of misfit developers, whether some developers deserve that or not, because Georgeson and Butler are both King Moonracer's without the know how to give up control and let their toys sprout freely to another home.

Promote Higby. At least that guy gives a shit and isn't fucking full of hot air.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Higby got a pretty raw deal with the Planetside 2 resources available to him... aside from t-ray everyone else was basically demoted to community manager after release (example Margaret aka Luperza "Battle flow dev" lol). Poor guy.

Higby actually plays the games he makes, and he's quite good, I respect him for that.