EQ Never

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I wish they'd have kept the original EQ3 game they had, added storybricks and called it a day. This voxel shit with spelunking doesn't interest me one bit. It's really so simple and would make them some actual money. Blows my mind they could be so incompetent.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If they keep the current model it's ftp with a cash shop
F2P, station store, and benefits for having a all access pass is the current model. PS2 gives double exp and free certs for subscription, EQ is basically subscription required for raiders.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I think a lot of people assume they would have liked that original EQ3 when there is no evidence that this would be true. In fact, I doubt most people here would play that game past 6 months...like everything else released in the past decade.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think a lot of people assume they would have liked that original EQ3 when there is no evidence that this would be true. In fact, I doubt most people here would play that game past 6 months...like everything else released in the past decade.
Lol wut!? It's really what a lot of us were asking for. Why wouldn't they play?

Remit_sl

shitlord
The last time I subscribed to an MMO for 6 months straight was Vanguard. Everything else has never made it past the 2 month mark. And I would have continued to play Vanguard had I had anyone else left in the damn game to play with.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Found this old compiled list of what eq3 was suppose to be. Not sure how accurate it was? Maybe a dev who worked on it could pm me and let me know how accurate?

There will be PVP but to what extent I dont know. I know the class abilities will have to be quested and earned and spread throughout the world. Enchanters have to seek out various shrines to learn various abilities, wizards have to travel to find arcane tomes to learn stuff. Its not gonna be go see a guy with a "!" and buy them.

It's definitely a push away from the solo game. There is instancing in the game but supposedly the world is huge. Like VG huge with open dungeons.

Adding danger back to the mix with high level mobs that wander in low level areas. They've stated some raid mobs are contested. The group size wasn't set when they told me a lot of info but its either 5 or 6 people.

I'm fairly certain there are AAs in from day one. In EQ2 they made the mistake of too many classes. There were coercers and illusionists and enchanters. This time there is just enchanter. Idk if its skill tree based or what yet. But the total number of classes will likely be 10-15. As far as races go Ogres, Erudites, Kerran, Kobold, Elves (high elf and dark), Troll, Iksar. Possibly Fae. Unsure of the rest but there will be more.

Supposedly it's norrath reimagined with familiar landmarks.

it will be FTP. No cash shop details to be had.

More on the factions stuff, they were deciding between no hard factions and doing good, neutral, and evil factions. the no hard faction devs were winning the war. IThere are player content creation tools in place for us to make content complete with storybrick npc scripting. I assume they'll sell housing items and various monster/npc mobs in the shop and leave the core ga

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
Bring back Freeport!
eqnextheaderimg530px.jpg

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm all for this new concept. It sounds fun, just wish they would have finished the old version then maybe released this under a different IP. It's nothing against EQN. Just think we may had our eq3 already and they may have made some money instead of losing it. Wish I knew how much they lost on the different versions.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Would be nuts if the new owners pushed for them to release the old version of the game as EQ3 or something.

wolfshead

Molten Core Raider
I wish they'd have kept the original EQ3 game they had, added storybricks and called it a day. This voxel shit with spelunking doesn't interest me one bit. It's really so simple and would make them some actual money. Blows my mind they could be so incompetent.
You are 100% right! SOE was far too ambitious with EQ Next and Landmark was a disaster that failed to keep the interest of the MMORPG fans. The worst thing was they alienated all of the thousands of EQ veterans out there who really wanted an updated EQ not an EQ meets Minecraft.

Now that Jeff Butler is gone I hope they will get rid of the unproven "no levels" design nonsense and take it back to the roots of EQ with level based progression. I'm still concerned that Darrin McPherson is still on the team. Seems he was big advocate of the no levels design philosophy as well when I attended SOE Live Panel back in 2013.

I'm hoping that the new company and the layoffs will mean that EQ Next will turn the pendulum back towards classic EQ design values that are sorely missing in most modern MMORPGs.