EQ Never

Vitality

HUSTLE
TL;DR:

Nothing, no real updates since SOE live (which won't be happening again) - this is a clash of clans thread now.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't know what to expect. It could go in a really good way or a really bad way. Depends on the new leadership and what their long term goals are. If they want fast profit it could go really wrong.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
The only way to look at this situation in a positive light is with more hopium then the pantheon thread had on the first couple of pages.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Rumor has it Daybreak is also poised to acquire an ambitious new tech start up called Visionary Realms, perhaps they'll inject some new blood into the Everquest franchise with VR's Chief Creative Officer? Given the fact that Everquest Next may make an appearance on the XBox One, it would only make sense, as the Visionary Realms CCO apparently did some work with both SoE and Microsoft, managing some rather large budgets apparently. Dunno how that turned out though.

iannis

Musty Nester
This is bizzarro world, but I actually feel kinda bad for smed. Don't get me wrong not that sorry for him. He's been bling blonging for over fifteen years, and he'll be drying his tears with bill$ if he's smarter than a turnip.

But it turns out that he was actually the sort of competent one. It's not like you can feel bad for any of the rest of 'em.

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
Welp. 2+ years and 1250+ pages into this thread, I get to be the one to announce that Pony Tail has been axed.

Dave Georgeson laid off from Daybreak Games : EQNext
Big Layoffs At EverQuest Studio Today [UPDATE]
Ya, everyone's in the Sony Online Entertainment Becomes Daybreak thread.Steve "Moorguard" Danuser was let go as well
eq-next-smash.gif

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I really dont give a shit that pony tail got canned. He saw the writing on the wall and if he and anyone else that was in a position of authority within the company didnt prepare for the worst case scenario, then its their own fault. Any company thats losing money like that is bound to have a change in management. The people on the front lines doing the daily grunt work for the company that were let go though, I feel for.

Though really, I just want to know whats going to happen with EverQuest Next and Landmark? Thats it.