EQ Never

Vitality

HUSTLE
Now all ArenaNet has to do is add terrain interaction and destructability with cross class skill building and it's got all the features of Everquest Next

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Now all ArenaNet has to do is add terrain interaction and destructability with cross class skill building and it's got all the features of Everquest Next
On that note, it depends on how appealing one finds either of those features. I, for one, don't get much from either. Nor do I get much from GW2's PvP, so its a lose/lose. Storybricks wasthe thingfor me in regards to EQN.

Also, some of the monsters in EQN appear to be literally nothing but a set of AI-driven shouldpads

rrr_img_90597.png

When I see shit like that, this is how I feel.

Vitality

HUSTLE
On that note, it depends on how appealing one finds either of those features. I, for one, don't get much from either. Nor do I get much from GW2's PvP, so its a lose/lose. Storybricks wasthe thingfor me in regards to EQN.
I was looking forward to procedurally generated PVE myself. Oh well. Now it's just multiple choice GW2.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I liked the cross class building and Storybricks but could have left out the terrain destruction. Cool, but unneeded for me. I think SOE was too disorganized and spread out to be effective. They tried to dabble in all kinds of things while not concentrating on fixing on improving enough things. They wanted expansions for all their games, to make several games at the same time, and innovate the market all at once. That sounds and was expensive. Smed should have found some focus somewhere.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
But the community polls didn't tell them to Focus. We're gonna build this directionless jumble of "Cool technology ideas! The MMO" collaboratively, yo.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
But the community polls didn't tell them to Focus. We're gonna build this directionless jumble of "Cool technology ideas! The MMO" collaboratively, yo.
Lol, my bad. I forgot the gamers were making this dawg!

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Gamers DEMANDED a digging-based MMO with an art style based around features EXPRESSIVE enough to become immersed in a rich roleplaying experience with SOEmote, also, the FAE was the most in-demand race according to the official round table polls. It was out of SoE's hands, they're held captive by polls, so lets throw all of that together with a pinch of league of legends and see what develops :^) This is YOUR game! You're in YOUR world now!

rrr_img_90599.jpg

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
We ruined our own lands, and then we ruined Everquest's. SoE was as helpless as an orc centurion train against a 60 wizard.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I'm willing to bet Smed is in too deep to start stop EQN a 3rd time. If anything they roll portions of EQN into Landmark and ship it as a campaign mode.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
It all depends on whether storybricks is anywhere close to finished and can actually carry a game. If it is then you could strip down EQN to 4 races and a few architecture types and even scale back some of the major story driven stuff until later on. Crafting should be easy to port from landmark, make it kinda grindy with lots of breaking like EVE was at the start to keep people playing. SOE is dumb and slow as fuck so they would definitely waste years making 20 races and a bunch of shit no one cared about to start.

Of course if Daybreak audits this shitshow and finds out that storybricks is either still mostly vapor or DOA then the entire project might get scrapped still because they really have nothing over what landmark already is in that case.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
I doubt it gets scrapped, but they are probably at a pretty pivotal decision point.

In theory, Storybricks should decrease the amount of content they have to handcraft. But if it's not working right, they might just have to commit to doing things the old fashioned way. I can't imagine the Russian Overlords are going to let them dick around for too long in making that decision.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I mean Columbus Nova gave Rhapsody the funds it needed to continue being a less-than-mediocre product.

I'm sure Smed is in a similar boat, albeit after a very sizable payroll cut, he should have no problem dragging his feet after Columbus Nova got some meat as good faith. It's a much more suitable financal direction for Smeds "Atari" development environment.

Enablers if you will.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Storybricks remains one of the most appealing aspects of the project. I want to see what can be done with that.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Storybricks will just end up populating the word with a bunch of randomly wandering OCD nameless dudes who have to compulsively stop to use every scrying orb they walk near.