EQ Never

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
No relationship with Storybricks, but no changes in promised features.

Not sure what that means. Very vague.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
may not be F2P, interesting.
Yeah, they left the door open to charges. (I am thinking the new company may have whole new idea as to money making)

At the moment they said "We expect the game to be F2P, but are looking over all the options"

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Because it was probably never going to be fully implemented in the way it was described, and the new owners want to produce a game that can start selling boxes, instead of talking about how cool conceptual vaporware could be some day?

And the old management, who were the ones who had raging hardons for Technology>>>>>Gameplay just got tossed out on their ear, so yeah.

Menion_sl

shitlord
Too bad really, the demo they showed at SOE Live! had a lot of potential. A dynamic world would have been a refreshing change of pace compared to an NPC who stood in the same place for 10 years asking for 10 bear asses.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
No Storybricks? Guess my new hype level falls somewhere between EQbrowser and Pantheon.

Daybreakin' my heart, guys.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
I like that there wont be alot of hotbars. I hated that shit in other games. give me like 10 buttons with abilities and im good. fuck having all this shit on my screen.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
The rest of this Q and A is handpicked silly questions (as expected).. nothing else really groundbreaking.

working on combat

working on optimization

working on this and that

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's not that SB was scrapped. It's still in EQN. They just took the development in house and ended thier relationship with SB the company.
Welcome back Quaid. Missed you buddy

bwuceli_sl

shitlord
I stated that SB may have been rather underwhelming, I think I was close there. What I've seen of SB was somewhat ok, but not nearly as game defining as was promised. That one guy moving to GW2 was probably the final nail in that coffin.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
It's not that SB was scrapped. It's still in EQN. They just took the development in house and ended thier relationship with SB the company.
Welcome back Quaid. Missed you buddy
Hmmm...interesting, they sure made it sound like it was a split and they were building new system in house.

I would like to know how easy it would be to develop with SB and not work with the company.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
I think any hope for the EQ franchise to continue in any meaningful way is gone. They have been "working" on EQN since what 2011 or before?

No wonder sony sold them off, they can't put shit out on the only real strong IP they have.

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Did anyone think this wouldn't be the case?
Don't underestimate those EQ purists.
smile.png

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Did anyone think this wouldn't be the case?
Yeah, pretty sure they've said for some time that EQN will have instances; although I believe they've said they intend to be rather sparing with them.

On monetization, I'm guessing all they're doing is leaving the door open for possibly going b2p rather than f2p. The odds of them doing a 180 and going with a sub model are probably slim-to-none.

For StoryBricks, they said that they're no longer working with the company, but any of the tech they've already developed while working with them is still going to be used, and that they still intend to create the same sort of ai system, just they're going to do it all in house. Losing StoryBricks kinda sucks, but I'm willing to wait to see what the devs actually do before I comence with the rending of garments and gnashing of teeth.