EQ Never

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Just started watching the Q&A video, first two minutes are painful with the developers behind the glass. Their attempt at trying to prove they're one big happy family made the devs look like caged animals, lol. "Everyone, pretend you're happy and GO BACK TO FUCKING WORK. VOXEL HARDER MOTHERFUCKERS."

Quaid

Trump's Staff
It's not that SB was scrapped. It's still in EQN. They just took the development in house and ended thier relationship with SB the company.
Welcome back Quaid. Missed you buddy
Thanks man, me too. It's good to be back. Without rerolled, I ventured into Twitter. It was... interesting.

I like it much better here.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Welcome back! Let me catch you up on the massive EQN updates:

--There are voxels
--There is not Storybricks (but there is AI, putting it back in line with all other games)
--All other features are TBD and I think there might be combat?

gogojira_sl

shitlord
That or Carrie. Can pretty much preconfirm that every exciting launch will end up in disaster. Also, just saw the in-game hellcats for the first time and it kinda looks like a plastic toy or some shit. Shit looks a little weak, but maybe it'll get way better over time (lol).

Quaid

Trump's Staff
8 words.

Guinea Pig voxel destroying engineer with a gun.
rrr_img_90897.jpg

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Whelp, this game is fucked. Shows over, guys.

Someone else is going to have to make the next good MMO.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Don't really see an issue with that. Why pay for shit you're partially doing yourself anyways. I always liked the SB guys, they're about as blunt and honest as it gets. But I'm sure Columbus would rather not pay other dudes for stuff they can do themselves at this point.

Still screams of the clusterfuck EQN became by throwing every potential idea into a bag and saying "AIGHT WE'RE DOING IT ALL."
Either you outsource for inferior products/results to save money, or you outsource for superior products/results because you want to have a high quality. A company like storybricks has only that product, it's their entire effort and in their best interest do deliver a great result. I expect less from SOE/DB because for them it's just one part of the puzzle (and because of their mediocre results from the last decade).

Both key features of EQN (Storybricks and Voxelfarm) being influenced by outside contractors was a big plus in my eyes. I'm still hoping this comes out and would try it for sure, because the ideas behind it are the first shift in the genre in over a decade. But I wont be surprised if they flunk it and someone else picks it back up a few years later.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Hope, don't hope. What does it matter?

Everything is moot until they release something. It will be good or it will suck and no amount of speculation, hope, angst or belief effects that. We can cast chicken bones and try to divine what the stars portend, but the reality is there are so many factors we have no idea about. What we DO know is that the one thing they have failed at is making a completely open developmental process. At this point I wish they went the Blizzard route and released no information.

If it turns out to be good, we will all play it. If it sucks, we wont.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Maybe one of the new projects Blizzard is hiring for (the one that requires familiarity with the Warcraft style) is WoW 2. There is no fall back to EQN right now for anyone wanting something PVE focused. Like literally nothing as far as I can recall anyways, lol.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I can't imagine WoW 2 being anything different than current WoW in terms of appeal. If that ship sailed for you long ago they aren't going to hook you for the long haul after years of dumbing down.

EQN at this point is a comedy sequel made 5 years too late that no one even expects to be good, because they didn't spend 5 years refining it into something awesome instead it was all management bullshit.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
I still love Blizzard and assume whatever they'd create would steamroll this grab bag of fuckery.

My optimism in the face of horseshit is fading hard. You're right, they're stuck trying to refine a series of horrible management decisions. EQN is going to be quite the story in a year or two.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ditching Storybricks should have happened a long time ago.

"... I decided that .. you know .. playing World of Warcraft made me incredibly qualified to actually be a game designer ..." - Rodolfo Rosini Storybricks CEO

LIES, BULLSHIT AND MEGATRENDS
Where does he say that in the video? I watched the first few minutes and it's pretty sarcastic in tone. I'd imagine it was said for entertainment value but I'd have to see it. I dont feel like sitting thru 22 mins tho lol

I like the SB guys. They actually brought an idea to the table that pushes the genre forward in a good way. Rodolfo was here at some point. I'd imagine taking notes which I respect. Can't say it enough, really wish that company the best.