EQ Never

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Never seen these before, apparently they are like three iterations old:

EverQuestNext_Ogre_armored.jpg

EverQuestNext_Orc_styleGuide.jpg

Then here is bald dude in different lighting, which is apparently when they went through with a more realistic phase of EQN:

EverQuestNext_preVis_skinShader.jpg

More stuff here, including concept art.It's the Meatiest!: November 2013

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
There's a lot to be said for stylized art. EQ2 tried more realistic and what we got was plastic Barbie dolls that looked "last-gen" even when the game was first released in 2004.

Edit: That orc's head doesn't look more realistic. It looks like a parody of a children's storybook monster.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
That guy looks like bald guy, face and all. Also, the orc is an earlier iteration than we saw in that animation reel which I thought looked great. The only thing I don't like is the ogre, but that was way early, too. And I really don't hate the look, it just looks created on outdated tech because it is.

bwuceli_sl

shitlord
You can make a pretty strong case that PC gaming is dying. You can look at Desktop sales to get a pretty good feel as to why Blizzard wont be making WoW2.

PC sales to drop by 6% in 2014 | Computerworld

PCs lumber towards the technological graveyard | Technology | The Guardian

The fact that anyone would make something as expensive as an MMO is pretty amazing to me. EQN if its released within a year or two will be at the dying edge.
Total bollocks, I can't count how many times I've seen that claim. PC gaming was dying when the SNES launched, then it was dying when the PS and PS2 launched etc, etc... Everytime a new generation of consoles or a new fad launches, PC gaming dies.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Ogre seems like the type of asshole that does curls in the squat rack and the Orc is like "Bro, see that towel? Thats my rack, gtfo.", then monsters out some nosebleed worthy squats and fucks the ogre's girlfriend.

i respect that.

Pharazon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Even the chick(?) in that vid is on the juice. They're off to give him another injection before the next attempt. 6 person operation.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
As long as PC's remain the best option for when you have actual time to sit down and use a computer it's hard to ever see them going away anytime soon. Tablets don't really compete with them imo because they only make sense to use when using the PC is not convenient.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So In the interest of being fair, my sisters cousins brothers best friend knows someone at daybreak and they said the relationship with storybricks was terminated due to the tech not working up to their standards.

They wanted to be bought out but were told they needed a working product before those talks could start.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Ugh, if core features haven't been working at all...Smed must suck one mean dick. Hirai finally couldn't excuse the incompetence any more and had to sack the entire company. It's not like this new rendition just started the other day. Car salesmanship at its finest.