EQ Never

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
LOL

I didn't realize that the Poneytail had been cut and Ut was solo developing the next big thing. It is a good day.

rrr_img_91747.jpg

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Uts game sounds cool so long as it can bring back the feeling of being in a real dungeon with a group like only EQ1 could deliver. Instances are cool and all but im over it.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
General Discussion and Lore forumsclosed and archived, lol. As the self-proclaimed Lords of Open Development, Daybreak sure went back to the black box fast. Now they are saying to visit the Reddit forums with 10s of posts doubting the shit out of EQN at this point. EQN continues to be a non game.

I'll give you more EQN content than SOE/DB has given in like two years:concept art,Frost Giant art, andyeti dudes. These were from a former SOE artist.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
The mad in that sub reedit is awesome

Dexella,
Are Landmark and EQN different games or not? Because this overhaul of the forum says they aren't. You guys literally took the voice of the future EQN (not LANDMARK) players away and shoved us on Reddit.
I get you're all excited about Landmark, but not everyone plays MMORPGs just to see what the roof of the Qeynos bank looks like. There's a lot of focus on what buildings are going to look like and little to no focus on the meat and potatoes of an MMORPG. No one is going to play EQN because someone handcrafted their own shingles except THAT GUY who handcrafted his own shingles.
You can say you guys discuss lore, but 3 sentences in an hour long video pertaining to lore is not a discussion. The only person on the team who participated in actual discussion about lore is no longer on the team. Is your answer really to have people completely uninterested in picking apart designs watch videos solely dedicated to that to possibly get a tidbit of lore? That's ridiculous.
How many times are you going to "reevaluate" the forums? This is the second time in a month you guys have completely gutted the forums.
Here's the thing: You guys chose to unveil EQN way too early. You guys chose to "let players in on the development process." However, these forums marked as "read only" does the exact opposite of what you're trying to achieve. There were a lot of lively and active discussions going on, discussions you guys could've been using as feedback to help shape the game. But you've chosen to close them and shove everyone to Reddit.
I'm not exactly sure how much I want to invest in EQN anymore. It's a project I want to believe in, but time and again bad decisions get made.
In a nutshell, this move states "Go be Reddit's problem because we can't be bothered to give people who aren't playing Landmark a place for their feedback on our official site." Landmark has their own forums.
Speaking of the Landmark forums, why is Landmark getting an announcement ahead of time? The EQN forums didn't get an announcement. They were just shoved as "read only" without any warning whatsoever. Nice.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Not that I'm interested in either of them, but I'm pretty sure the Vanguard emu is already beating Pantheon. Cripple fight!

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm going to replay FF15 over and over and pretend my bro team are people on voice comms, but since they're more competent than the average random queue group it will be more awesome than the shitshow this game is looking to be.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
"I wish we had more to show you right now to instantly alleviate all concerns. But we have to ask you to bear with us a while longer and, like us, continue to believe that we can make great things together."

Pretty telling quote from a dev on Reddit. You can say I'm just taking it out of context but the whole post is pretty rough.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, It's just not a good situation. I think mainly because they've shown so little of actual game play. They want to point to landmark as progress for EQN but nobody is buying it and Eql is so niche at this point. now they are left trying to build an AI that was over hyped by Smed that will most likely come up short. Wtf have these people done? They need to nail EQN or they will all be out of jobs.