EQ Never

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Quick Ut, start a kickstarter and fleece some cash.
wink.png

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Never in a million years would I ever sucker some idiots off my internet name to fund this. If I ever did, I would have to figure out a profit sharing mechanism. Because I do NOT believe in kickstarter to backfund a game that may or may not ever make it to reality on a bunch of pipedream bullshit. Kickstarter is the new craps game. If I ever did a kickstarter, I would kick it up a notch and give revenue sharing to those that invested. And that I WOULD do. Because those people that invested should have the same return on investment beside "Playing a game early let me beta test this shit for you and pay you to do it" bullshit mentality.

Just hang tight. I DO have a game in the works in the MMORPG space I have been working on for the last 34 weeks. I will NOT be a sell out. I will NOT approach sites like Gamespot to get "Preview" promotional hype we are all sick of. One day, my game will just show up. I will also answer ANY questions you have on the premise, and I will be fully transperant because that shit is long overdue. No bullshit answers.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Never in a million years would I ever sucker some idiots off my internet name to fund this. If I ever did, I would have to figure out a profit sharing mechanism. Because I do NOT believe in kickstarter to backfund a game that may or may not ever make it to reality on a bunch of pipedream bullshit. Kickstarter is the new craps game. If I ever did a kickstarter, I would kick it up a notch and give revenue sharing to those that invested. And that I WOULD do. Because those people that invested should have the same return on investment beside "Playing a game early let me beta test this shit for you and pay you to do it" bullshit mentality.

Just hang tight. I DO have a game in the works in the MMORPG space I have been working on for the last 34 weeks. I will NOT be a sell out. I will NOT approach sites like Gamespot to get "Preview" promotional hype we are all sick of. One day, my game will just show up. I will also answer ANY questions you have on the premise, and I will be fully transperant because that shit is long overdue. No bullshit answers.
Spill the beans! SPILL THEM

gogojira_sl

shitlord
In for Ut's game. Need deets. First thing that comes to mind is who are you working with and what type of MMO is it going to be (at a base level PVE or PVP focused).

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
An MMORPG where everything matters. There is no hand holding here. For instance, if you are in the snow, you need to provide yourself with snow shoes, or your speed negates 50% in the snow while running.(You will always move at the fastest speed without toggle until weather patterns are involved) Travel means something. Accessibility means nothing. You are in YOUR world now. The real world. You will travel. Day/night cycles exist. Weather patterns will exist. Seasons exist. Seasons and NPC AI are on 30 day real time cycles. Content is static and hand made. No precedural bullshit here. Every mechanism is there for a reason. No gating. Gating to me means content that isn't finished yet. You can go in and get your ass kicked, and you won't know how the hell to overcome until you learn whether it is because you do not have cold gear on? Hot parties? DPS groups. or maybe, in game now, I'll throw a boss at you where it targets anyone that casts a spell and the only way you can block it is...

Real time Dark souls combat.

No more button mashing. Everything is real time. You lagged? Tough shit. Get a new internet connection. Right now real time action vs mob is at 100 ms max. If you don't have that? You will piss off your group.

Just a couple answers for you Quaid.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
You have some programming skills we don't know about?
10 Print "I love flipmode"
20 A$
30 If A$="Yes" goto 50
40 Print "Nope"
50 Print "Yes"

Even my basic is rusty.
smile.png

Make the tools to create content first. Make it so easy your dog can make content. Make it so you have imaginative minds that can make stories and fun without having to worry about how to create it. Give THOSE people the freedom. And you have a game.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
This. Has the current dev time been about fleshing out ideas or do you have some form of running prototype in any capacity? Is there a small team helping you flesh this project out and make it a reality?
I have been by myself for 34 weeks.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Well that cuts me out of the picture then
Pretty much bud.

I know after I said I have no backing I won't have credibility. But everyone here knows me. I am sick to fucking death of talking and ripping on a genre in which we could all be playing right now.

I have the cash. I have the ethics. And I do not CARE how much money I may make or not make.

I will make a fun game.

Be back soon with more nifo, if you want any info, I'll tell you here because I do not believe in holding back shit for gamespot bucks.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Pretty much bud.

I know after I said I have no backing I won't have credibility. But everyone here knows me. I am sick to fucking death of talking and ripping on a genre in which we could all be playing right now.

I have the cash. I have the ethics. And I do not CARE how much money I may make or not make.

I will make a fun game.

Be back soon with more nifo, if you want any info, I'll tell you here because I do not believe in holding back shit for gamespot bucks.
Smeds alt account confirmed.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Well if I were you UT, I'd use Unity too. It's cheap and looks good. Just whatever you do, get good net code. Need unity graphics with a WoW type net code and it'll be better that 90% of the shit out now.