EQ Never

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Ok so variation of the "kill one, marry one, fuck one" game:

between eqn, pantheon, and star citizen, choose:

Vaporware (never happens)
crash and burns during testing (company runs out of funding during alpha/beta of the actual game, individual modes/modules do not count ie sq42, eqn:landmark, etc)
survives to "retail" launch (whether it actually succeeds or survives is irrelevant)

these are not "predictions" (in which case, i'd say vaporware to all 3), you must assign each game a unique status

Go

my picks:

eqn: Vaporware
sc: crash and burns
pantheon: launch

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Ok so variation of the "kill one, marry one, fuck one" game:

between eqn, pantheon, and star citizen, choose:

Vaporware (never happens)
crash and burns during testing (company runs out of funding during alpha/beta of the actual game, individual modes/modules do not count ie sq42, eqn:landmark, etc)
survives to "retail" launch (whether it actually succeeds or survives is irrelevant)

these are not "predictions" (in which case, i'd say vaporware to all 3), you must assign each game a unique status

Go

my picks:

eqn: Vaporware
sc: crash and burns
pantheon: launch
SC: Vaporware (only as a cautionary tale to not give 90 million dollars to people for fake spaceships)

EQN: Crash and Burn( No way this game can remotely be good anymore, with 4 builds 2 companies and a storied history of incompetence)

Pantheon: Brad cleans up launches Pantheon to critical acclaim ushering in a new age of indie MMOs using unity assets, new studios pop up over night with small population tailored MMOs that fill every niche market, Gone are the bloated old theme park MMOS trying to be a catch all. Rerolled buys the rights to EQ after daybreak crashes and burns and we live happily ever after.

Cathex_sl

shitlord
SC: Vaporware (only as a cautionary tale to not give 90 million dollars to people for fake spaceships)

EQN: Crash and Burn( No way this game can remotely be good anymore, with 4 builds 2 companies and a storied history of incompetence)

Pantheon: Brad cleans up launches Pantheon to critical acclaim ushering in a new age of indie MMOs using unity assets, new studios pop up over night with small population tailored MMOs that fill every niche market, Gone are the bloated old theme park MMOS trying to be a catch all. Rerolled buys the rights to EQ after daybreak crashes and burns and we live happily ever after.
I can get on board with this.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider

The worst thing that could ever happen to EQ is us getting ahold of it. There'd be 25 different versions all touting the same IP, all of them incomplete in some manner....
Then Ut is going to save the fucking day with EverQuest: You're really in OurWorld now.

Xeldar

Silver Squire
At this point in time, Rerolled forum is the best hive of experts to build the next 3d diku MMO,

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
There's a lot of factions among the armchair devs, and rarely do they cross boundaries. No conversation on MMOs would head towards something productive if everyone is given the same weight of opinion, because the EQ-nostalgia crew will want EQ: Reskinned and refuse to move on anything while claiming they don't want EQ: Reskinned. My citation is every thread with mechanics conversations in the mmo forum.

All this forum would produce is EQ: Stillborn.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I think this forum could produce a really good game. The problem is you need engineers to make the shit work.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Week 1: Everyone throws their best ideas
Week 2: Everyone disagrees and hates each other
Week 3: Everyone returns to shitting on MMOs in development

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
All three games are vaporware. Rerolled posters arguments boil over to the point where we all meet up and have our own purge. Whoever survives, makes the next MMO.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
We could make a fantastic MMO on paper as long as we don't give every person the same input. We need leaders to drive the project.

I would be top tier since I'm obviously the most creative and then we can go down from there.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
We could make a fantastic MMO on paper as long as we don't give every person the same input. We need leaders to drive the project.

I would be top tier since I'm obviously the most creative and then we can go down from there.
So a_skeleton_02 is Brad Mcquaid. I want to be Smedley, then. I can blowhard with the best and i get free Mozz sticks to boot. I guess the last posters can be part of the parking lot crew.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I want to live in this world. I want MMORPGs as we know them to die and be instead replaced by RSORPGs (Respectably-Sized Online Role-Playing Games).

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I want to be one of the technical leads that tells Brad and Smed why we can't do some of the features you want because the technology doesn't exist yet, and we don't have the type of talent on staff to create the technology.

Then you tell me to make it anyway, and now I am creating an engine with a programming staff that isn't experienced in creating engines. Development is going very slow but a couple years later we create a tech demo along with a shitload of concept art for the game you want to make. Smed and Brad clones for Rerolled MMORPG go up on stage and show off our voxel based face recognition software in the Poorlight engine. Thankfully it doesn't crash as I visibly groan at all the concept art they show off to the audience, thinking about how you either need a monster of a PC to run it passably and how I'm going to transition all these assets into an engine that is in its infancy. I can't hire anyone outside because nobody else has experience with the engine we made.

I'm in the back, silently dreading another 4 years of crunch time hours. On stage, i hear Rerolled Brad Clone brag about how our custom engine can do TERA style combat with hundreds of players on screen and you can use our face recognition technology to issue commands instead of using a mouse, keyboard, or controller. Upon hearing this I nearly choke and spray my coffee and red Bull mixture through Adderall stimulated lips because caffeine and amphetamines are the only way I'm currently conscious. I haven't seen a real vagina since my wife left me and I went to the strip club the one night the office was closed because some Asian lady slammed into the telephone pole on the corner and caused a power outage, so the cosplay girl that actually smiled and talked to me storms off, covered in my coffee-red bull-saliva mixture.

Between the 6 hours of sleep and before I trudge to the office every day, I pray before the shrine I built to Dagon in my basement and listen to AEnima by Tool, hoping that he will drag Brad and Smed Clones to their death, but also accepting my own fate if all of CA would slide into the ocean.

I drift in and out, day by day while making little effort in improving our engine and meeting the impossible demands Brad and Smed promised the crowd.

A year later Brad and Smed come to realize it isn't possible to do what they set out, so all my work is scrapped and/or scaled back. I'm actually valuable but mediocre in my own ways, so they can't get rid of me because I need to make more changes to fit the game's new vision, which was closer to if Star Citizen was just like Freespacee 3 or Freelancer and nothing else(which is what the consumers actually kind of wanted more).

I watch from a window as people are standing in the parking lot with their boxes of personal belongings as they are fired by my boss, Rerolled Brad Clone, who keeps going through my desk, trying to steal my Adderall. I pick up a mozzarella stick and take a bite as I ponder going down there to say goodbye, but I decide not to, because I'm dead inside. I'm dead inside.

Who's that guy? I'm taking his place.

Edit: Phone Autocorrect spellings

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Urlithani,

That's fine. We have quite a few of those spots open. As long as you keep working, we don't care about your mental or emotional well-being too much. Have another Smed stick while you are there. Yes, yes, gotta keep you building our dream....

gogojira_sl

shitlord
v6xr81O.png

Here's my best box art.