EQ Never

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
That's the price you pay for higher technology. The Minecraft angle was retarded from the get go, and should have been scrapped right away. This would have allowed them a lot more freedom in zone design, and then they probably could have started right off the bat with getting some classic zones updated in the technology to build off of. Instead of Landmark, have your artists work with what they know and art styles that have been around for almost 20 years and go forward. I'm sure they've got data on who played what classes/races primarily, grab a reasonable amount from the top and then add the rest over time, especially with their more maleable (in theory) class system.

It really just seems like their direction was all over the place and even with their above average resources they still didn't focus enough in any area to really make headway. Storybricks comes to mind.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
So your argument is this game the started making after this other game isn't having it's resources go to waste because it's the same engine as a game they made before it?
Huh? Argument?

Think you had too much holiday nog brother.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
To be honest, at this point their best bet isn't to take any new angle because the only reason people are even remotely interested in EQ anymore is fueled solely by nostalgia. Just remake the goddamn original game with modern graphics and gameplay and call it a day.

Hell, even the MMO angle is tired, just recreate a beautiful Norrath like we used to explore, and make single-player or small-group adventures for people to play with chapters or some shit.

I don't miss the lame ass gameplay from EQ, I don't miss the clunky shitty interface, what I miss is the WORLD. If they simply made a pretty copy of Norrath to explore freely and put it on a disk I'd so fucking buy it. Just to run around and listen to the music, see the places again..
Bingo. If they remade Norrath up to SOV with beefed up graphics and maybe a few extra dungeons/zones, I'd be in heaven.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I guess my question is, if you truly just want the classic EQ experience, why not play on P99? It's never going past SoV. Are graphics really that important to you?

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I guess my question is, if you truly just want the classic EQ experience, why not play on P99? It's never going past SoV. Are graphics really that important to you?
That's like saying if you want to date a hot young chick why don't you track down your high school girlfriend. she's old, man. People want a new hot young chick that reminds them of their old flame, not some old wrinkly bitch past her prime.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Yeah id like a beefed up EQ experience also - Graphics arent important completely but they matter enough that i cant go back to EQ1 for sure. A lot of games have amazing visuals but lore/art wise just blow. WoW has a good mix for what it is, but i prefer EQ lore/art style to most MMOs. Black Deserts art/visuals are nice but dont think i can get past the combat pacing and lack of end game raiding.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Eq is so old and shitty what exactly is their art style?
I think their art style is nostalgia based now. I always thought their low-polygon usage was good for its time and the original art was interesting, but that's all overshadowed by nostalgia.

I restarted Everquest (Bristlebane) and yeah, every old model and texture feels like a warm blanket.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Try Shards of Dalaya if you're looking for a fresh EQ experience. It's heavily modded from the original EQ but keeps the same feel
Did they ever open a new server or pvp server? I enjoyed my time on SoD but the server is pretty stale at this point.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I restarted Everquest (Bristlebane) and yeah, every old model and texture feels like a warm blanket.
That's because your senile old ass pissed all over it. So warm...so wet. This blankie is heaven! Bristlebane was awesome in the day though.