EQ Never

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Truly a next generation game. We'll have to ask our grandchildren what they thought of it.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Whew. Just got a good look at the EQNext subreddit. That is some Vanguard level of delusion. And if nothing else, Vanguard shipped.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If anyone accidentally time travels, or is recruited to through an ad, make a mental note to suggest they stick with making EQ3.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Developing SOEMote to make the first Massively Multiplayer Online Blowjob Simulator would have saved SOE.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
There's still people left working at new SOE, right? They must be doing something, how can there be zero information about what's going on over there?

Laerazi_sl

shitlord
Realistically, I think they knew they spilled the beans too early. They're withholding all information until they're ready for a traditional media sweep and reveal, instead of the slow drip we were getting before. That, combined with Landmark going on standby mode, makes it seem like they're completely dead in the water.. but it doesn't make sense to move everyone into a new, fancy office and then stop production.

I think they're just acting like any other dev studio now. We'll hear about stuff once there's something final to show. IIRC Terry Michaels said something like this at one point, just people forget and assume it's dead.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Realistically, I think they knew they spilled the beans too early. They're withholding all information until they're ready for a traditional media sweep and reveal, instead of the slow drip we were getting before. That, combined with Landmark going on standby mode, makes it seem like they're completely dead in the water.. but it doesn't make sense to move everyone into a new, fancy office and then stop production.

I think they're just acting like any other dev studio now. We'll hear about stuff once there's something final to show. IIRC Terry Michaels said something like this at one point, just people forget and assume it's dead.
People assume its dead because they announced it like 3 years ago and seem to have made almost 0 progress in that time. Its pretty clear they thought they were fairly far along in development since they put landmark out at that time, and then the shit just died.

Maybe they announced a bit early and jumped the gun, so it would have made sense to wait, but even if they announced 2 years too early we are well into the time frame now were we would be seeing updates if the game wasn't vapor.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Whew. Just got a good look at the EQNext subreddit. That is some Vanguard level of delusion. And if nothing else, Vanguard shipped.
speaking of delusional:

Laerazi_sl

shitlord
Maybe they announced a bit early and jumped the gun, so it would have made sense to wait, but even if they announced 2 years too early we are well into the time frame now were we would be seeing updates if the game wasn't vapor.
Well we're talking about Smedley here.. I think it was clearly way too early. Him and ponytail make a dream team for way-to-early-reveals. The state we saw Landmark in when they went quiet is likely all that existed of EQNext in terms of code. Non-voxel art assets and design are probably very far along, but I imagine the actual world doesn't exist yet in any sort of form. Last we heard they were making a small mockup version of Qeynos using player assets and a designer. So.. yeah, if the players haven't made it yet, it probably doesn't exist.

That said, I do still think they're trying to make the most with what they have (which may not be a huge amount, but they could easily make SOMETHING with even just the systems they have in place in Landmark). Why would they move into a new office and continue the Landmark workshops if they planned on firing everyone? I mean, why even buy the company in the first place? Maybe I just don't understand business; anyone care to explain how this profits their new parent company if it's gonna get killed off instantly? Landmark is basically dead in the water except for the builders who are making EQN content, so they can't be making profit from Landmark alone. At that point, why not just cut off the dead weight and focus on H1Z1 and Planetside 2.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My concerns with EQN is they haven't been able to show they were able to build a game with the key feature they solld people on. Voxels/SBs. We already know how th SB stuff panned out. them being this quiet is not a good sign

Laerazi_sl

shitlord
Why buy the company? They are going to microtransaction the shit out of H1Z1
Specifically, why keep EQN/Landmark around if it's no longer in production. I highly doubt Landmark is making more money than it costs to keep the servers up and running, so what purpose is there to keep it going if production is dead.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Specifically, why keep EQN/Landmark around if it's no longer in production. I highly doubt Landmark is making more money than it costs to keep the servers up and running, so what purpose is there to keep it going if production is dead.
I don't think we have any real solid evidence that production is even moving forward.

Laerazi_sl

shitlord
On their end, the last word we got was "Big Stuff Coming":

I'll get the details out to you all soon, but expect some new initiatives, team-up builds and changes to the adventuring side of things. Lets build some content together!

More soon,

Darrin McPherson
"Talisker"
.. followed by ..

Heya all, sorry for the long absence. It is a very busy time for us.

I can't give specific details, but we are working hard on some new things that you will surely love. They are pretty exciting, but it is too early to give details.

When we can I will be back here to give you more information.
So yeah, that's it.

If you don't believe them (well within reason) that's cool. I don't think they're planning on revealing anything before it's done, if they were working on something. So.. I guess just assume it's dead until/if something surfaces.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
My concerns with EQN is they haven't been able to show they were able to build a game with the key feature they solld people on. Voxels/SBs. We already know how th SB stuff panned out. them being this quiet is not a good sign
That whole storybricks thing always sounded way too good to be true, unfortunately.