EQ Never

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
There should be tough mobs such as guards, protectors of growth, and elementals that defend against terrain destruction
Druids should be able to grow trees and plants
Mages? raise rocks and mountains
Levers to pull to undo craters
Gods occasionally visit and reshape the landscape

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
You got way too sidetracked on assuming you know what I want. I just said those shots were gorgeous, because they are, and certainly not impossible.
They are impossible for the level of talent at SOE/Daybreak. SOE is like an elephant graveyard for artists, where they go to drown in brown.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Interesting they mentioned he has new current updates to his profile...more changes coming to Daybreak?

Laerazi_sl

shitlord
Also it's worth mentioning they haven't announced a new race competition for Landmark; they've always been back to back...

Darrin "leaving" (presumably) plus no new race competitions coming are enough proof for me to assume this is now sinking. Oh well :/

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
best I could get on this from a source..

My understanding is that he is out and EQN has been cancelled but there might be some nuance there (like actually shipping some stuff, or rebooting the game as a F2P mobile) that I am not aware of. Anyway feel free to share the news.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
think the person was just speculating on that part. It could all be wrong but Darrin leaving is a big deal.

Laerazi_sl

shitlord
Yeah it definitely is a big deal, though also interesting if he is the only one going.

AFAIK Darrin was a creative director and producer. Judging by their initial round of layoffs, they trimmed out all the fat and were very aggressive about it. I wonder if this is him voluntarily leaving or higher-ups concluding that he has finished his part on the project and no longer needed. In either case it seems extremely shortsighted to get rid of visionaries on a team if you plan on extending the life of a product past initial launch.. or maybe they have it all planned out at this point and it's just a matter of doing it.

Terry Michaels must be manning the helm by himself at this point; I don't even know of anyone else who could be left.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
EQNext, Mobile Cash Shop Evony-style game, with resources named Voxels instead of stone/wood/gold.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
My theory is that the new management has been very clear: shut the fuck up or pack your shit and pay for breaking the new NDA. If anything is going to be announced, it'll be a finished or close to finished game, before then it's going to be radio silence.
Or they could have thrown everything in the toilet, that's a possibility. I prefer to believe it's the first, it'd be an attempt to salvage a ton of assets and tools from oblivion.

Elidroth_sl

shitlord
Lack of conversation about the game isn't automatically a bad thing, but key players polishing up their resumes can certainly be seen as ominous. It's better if I don't say anything else I guess.. Darrin and I didn't always see eye to eye, but he's there and trying to make things happen.. There is value in that.