EQ Never

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I have no doubt at some point a 'hardcore' and 'challenging' MMO in the spirit of Dark Souls will be made and marketed to the young die-hard try-hard 100% achievement unlocked crowd and it will be a success and then the memory of EQ will never die as a bunch of old timers come to the forums claiming it was EQ that was the original challenging/hard MMO! Then for a thousand pages we'll discuss the definitions and manifestations of 'challenge' in games we don't play anymore. But, EQ the forum topic will thankfully never die!

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Rhanin, there are plenty of Korean and web browser based mmmorpgs that are similar to eq type gaming. There are also a ton of hardcore player survival games out there that have similar vibes to them as well. There is a reason why we don't see pong and pac man games anymore for the masses, shit is old time to move on. Younger generations get their nostalgia from trolling or getting trolled in solo que in Leafue. and then watching the best players on twitch, troll them and laugh on Reddit.

That's what kids do these days.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I have no doubt at some point a 'hardcore' and 'challenging' MMO in the spirit of Dark Souls will be made and marketed to the young die-hard try-hard 100% achievement unlocked crowd and it will be a success and then the memory of EQ will never die as a bunch of old timers come to the forums claiming it was EQ that was the original challenging/hard MMO! Then for a thousand pages we'll discuss the definitions and manifestations of 'challenge' in games we don't play anymore. But, EQ the forum topic will thankfully never die!
Never gonna happen

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I agree, and it will come out on xbox and playstation.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Former Mass Effect Andromeda Director Moves to Work on H1Z1, Teases | DualShockers

Well DB is doing something over there, just obviously not with EQN
frown.png

gogojira_sl

shitlord
At least they hired someone with some background. EQN that we saw is dead. Who knows if/when it is reborn a 15th time what it will look like.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I have a hard time believing that the new owners would want to throw even more money at rebooting/retooling EQN, but I'm not an eccentric Russian billionaire, so what do I know?

Mughal

I have a hard time believing that the new owners would want to throw even more money at rebooting/retooling EQN, but I'm not an eccentric Russian billionaire, so what do I know?
They finally hired someone from Nexon whose job is to evaluate the profitability of games, forecast spending/revenues and more importantly figure out which platforms to go after. So expect EQN to get cancelled and instead get a free to play card game on iphone. And possibly a VR game. They also promoted the only guy who actually made money for that company to creative director (the guy behind DC heroes or whatever it's called). Literally the only game that made money in that place for 15 years.

Rhanin, there are plenty of Korean and web browser based mmmorpgs that are similar to eq type gaming. There are also a ton of hardcore player survival games out there that have similar vibes to them as well. There is a reason why we don't see pong and pac man games anymore for the masses, shit is old time to move on. Younger generations get their nostalgia from trolling or getting trolled in solo que in Leafue. and then watching the best players on twitch, troll them and laugh on Reddit.

That's what kids do these days.
I'd be more than happy to try some of these games out. Any in particular you think are closest to EQ?

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
They also promoted the only guy who actually made money for that company to creative director (the guy behind DC heroes or whatever it's called). Literally the only game that made money in that place for 15 years.
That's because they actually released content frequently. Me? I'm done because DBG has some retarded customer service policies. If you lose an item or currency, they don't replace it, you have to get it back yourself through a re-grind.

Tauro

So, EQ franchise is dead? EQN cancelled? Do EQ1&2 expansions as long as they earn at least a little money, then sunset everything?

Really, what have all those people done the last 6-7 years? Great leadership, Smed...

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
1-10, the likely hood that DBG does EQ3 after finally/maybe/unlikely noticing they have a little niche with the TLPs/EQ still?