EQ Never

Laerazi_sl

shitlord
There's one scene where the warrior runs up to a pack of kobolds and they are all just idling in place for a few seconds before he does an area effect attack that kills them all in one hit..

Also the combat still feels like a tedious clickfest; it's like taking the HP of a mob from EQ1 and requiring that the player continually click/hold and use abilities to slowly ping health away until it finally dies.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Yeah, the combat system needs mobs to have less HP and to take more damage from skillful play like hitting critical areas if it's going to be any fun.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Lol, second person to confirm that about the demo enemies. What a fucking scam.
I think they even showed the room with the people playing the "npcs", it's not like they were trying to deceive the audience... well at least not in this specific case.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The incompetence of this company really knows no bounds. Get this...

They did the 17th anniversary stream on Twitch today. Prathun says, "oh um yeah, so we stumbled upon all the music files that were supposed to be in Luclin all these years." Jay Barbeau made 20 songs for the expansion that they just forgot to ever put in the game. Jesus fucking christ.

The bright side, 15 years later, they have put the full soundtrack into the expansion. If you run the EQ patcher, it will download the MP3 files into your directory.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Honestly I've just been running EQ classic music while playing Black Desert Online, huffing my own Cheetos flavored farts, and pretending that I'm playing EQ:Next. I mean that's as close as I'm gonna get and probably a lot more fun anyways.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Any updates? Seems like they aren't even updating the EQ next web site. I bet Pantheon releases before this.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
The incompetence of this company really knows no bounds. Get this...

They did the 17th anniversary stream on Twitch today. Prathun says, "oh um yeah, so we stumbled upon all the music files that were supposed to be in Luclin all these years." Jay Barbeau made 20 songs for the expansion that they just forgot to ever put in the game. Jesus fucking christ.

The bright side, 15 years later, they have put the full soundtrack into the expansion. If you run the EQ patcher, it will download the MP3 files into your directory.
OK, that's fucking awesome lol. I mean yeah, it's pathetic too, but I'm about to give this thing a listen.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Speaking of music, I didn't know EQ had any until about 2 months into the game. Some dude mentioned the eerie music in Unrest and I thought he was messing with me until I checked the options. Lo and behold there was a music option turned off by default.

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
For me the incompetence was fully realized when they designed Uqua around the level cap above the expansion that was supposed to be added in as an anniversary thing and they never came to pass so they had to "nerf" Uqua to fix it. That one always bugged the fuck out of me.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Good job bro.

It is still boggling my mind that this music was created for the expansion and never implemented. How, why?! It is a travesty. It is like Picasso painting a picture, handing it over to a museum and the dumbfucks stash it down in the basement cellar under cloth tarps for 15 years.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Man some of that music is really great. Vex Thal would have driven me insane looping during 6 hour raids though.