EQ Never

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The music never getting put in is hilarious and not surprising at all. What a clusterfuck SOE is/was.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
EQ was just managed pretty badly. They should have never done such drastic shifts in the art either. One thing WoW does well is stay true to its roots in terms of art, EQ is all over the place. WoW is the example of how to do art and model updates the right way, and luclin (and then shit like new freeport later) is the example of how to fuck it up beyond belief.

They just never had anyone very smart in charge of their projects and I think it really showed. If you look at the shit they did just from a project management POV after velious it is just a massive insane shit show. Also the I think EQ suffered from DDR combat ability creep really making the game more tedious and less relaxed. That is something WoW suffers from too and I think is a major reason WoW today has half the subs it did back in the day. The shift from contested spawns being the bottleneck to difficult rotations etc is I think one of the major reasons the MMO industry is trending down now, and no one seems to realize that people just get tired of spamming buttons that much more quickly than they do with slower paced combat.

The Phinny server is probably the direction EQ should have gone, instanced raids along side non instanced versions, fairly responsive dev team and content that mostly works out of the gate. Sadly it never happened.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i'm really looking forward to Luclin release on the progression servers now. novel nostalgia. what a concept.

Laerazi_sl

shitlord
Speaking of Jay Barbeau it looks like he has an updated EverQuest theme on one of his websites; never heard it before (site is not the best designed..):iMuse Audio

Edit: Holy hell, it goes into electric guitar.. was not expecting that haha

Siliconemelons

Seriously someone needs to ask daybreak for reals how much to license EQ1 classic to POP ip and just make it Kickstart style.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Luclin had soooooo many dead ends where they obviously had more planned, but never followed through. The grimling event. Katta. Etc. And the cockblock where one of the pieces for VT wasn't allowed to drop until they finished the zone.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Luclin was an incredibly ambitious expansion, yet all it is remembered for being soulless and bland. Just using the god damn music you licensed, produce, and paid for would have made such a difference.

I was thinking about all the features in SoL, the list is extensive:

-New Class
-New Race
-New Epic quest
-New starting town
-Alternate Advancement abilities
-Mounts
-Event raid encounters, Ring Events
-New player models
-Graphic engine over-haul and grass/foliage system
-5 new towns
-Nexus transport system
-28 zones, to serve all level ranges 1-60
-Bazaar zone and trading system
-Class armor quests for multiple level ranges
-Bane weapons
-New spells for all casting classes
-100's of new quests
-1000's of new items
-Host of new factions, races, and lore building dynamics
-A epically retarded new alien language
-*Oh and 35 song, incredible soundtrack*

Zionmaster_sl

shitlord
It's criminal that we didn't get this music. What the actual fuck man, every track is god damn amazing.
I feel the same. This actually makes me pretty fucking angry that we got denied this for so long. I never got to experience this awesomeness when i actually played. Really pisses me off. How the fuck do you just misplace something like this?!

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Luclin was an incredibly ambitious expansion, yet all it is remembered for being soulless and bland.
Kinda sucks it has such a bad rep. Luclin really was great though it is probably the point where mudflation really became apparent. Velious maxed out stats and Luclin had to keep pushing.