EQ Never

iannis

Musty Nester
There were people that didn't think eql was a blatant scam?

I was almost tempted to build something in it. But they wanted a weekly sub.

That shit was as delusional as mcquaid and only mildly more functional.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
There were people that didn't think eql was a blatant scam?

I was almost tempted to build something in it. But they wanted a weekly sub.

That shit was as delusional as mcquaid and only mildly more functional.
Never was a sub, just a one-time purchase. Granted, the alpha-access bundles were pricey, but even with EQN crashing and burning, I don't particularly regret dropping $20 for the beta package.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Wasn't there a fairly sizable weekly upkeep to maintain your claim? I assumed that's what he was referring to. You could farm the required resource or you could buy it from the in-game shop.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, you had to mine some copper, but it was never terribly excessive. That said, they did eventually drop it, and instead made it so that you just had to log in to restart the countdown timer on your build popping.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Building stuff in Landmark was fun but the upkeep killed the game for me. I never had much hope that EQN would exist, but EQL was fun enough. Building in EQL made it obvious that EQN wouldn't work as planned. For an MMO, a Voxel world is way too demanding, at least the way they've implemented it.

They spent more time hyping up voxels and spotlighting every new "building technique" than creating a living, breathing, world.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I know it's been mentioned before, but Smed is a technology guy. He always got real excited about using new technologies and seemingly not really caring how those technologies were executed or employed. I think that goes a long way to explain why EQN was just EQ in name and nothing else really.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'm sure if you look hard enough you'll see something techy that's got him all hot and bothered.

Dartoxer_sl

shitlord
The emergent AI was undoubtedly THE feature that most people were excited about when it comes to EQN. So if he can pull it off in any shape or form, more power to him. A 3D game would have been obviously much better but hey, what can we do.Those nipple piercings tho.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I was just in some similar stuff, writing a generic RPG library. I went with generic accessory slots but it gets tricksy if you have say 5 slots and an artist makes 2 accessories go in the same spot on the model.

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
We need someone toMake Everquest Great Again
Thattoddfx guy has my vote
rrr_img_132707.jpg