EQ Never

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't remember that ramp honestly, that's what threw me off.

It's been like 17 years, fuck off.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I don't remember that ramp honestly, that's what threw me off.

It's been like 17 years, fuck off.
you must have had the levitation spell. anyone from vanilla who had to make that run with no lev and no sow/jboots wont ever forget that ramp.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
you must have had the levitation spell. anyone from vanilla who had to make that run with no lev and no sow/jboots wont ever forget that ramp.
I remember running along the wall in Kithicor, but actually traversing Highpass Hold I have no memories. I don't even know what mobs were outside of the keep. Orcs?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
High pass was so fucked, beset by gnolls, orcs, goblins, and random adventurers camping their guards.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yet if you could make it into highkeep you would have the safest most boringest exp c amps you ever get in that game. i dunno if they ever changed how the mobs act over all these years, but there were actual safe spots you could sit and no mob would touch you, the landing after the ramp in the basement had a great one, we grouped up with a bard one time who made a deal that she would play beneficial songs from the safe spot and we would exp around her while she AFK'd. then you had the mobs upstairs which were all level 50-60 and had pathing so they never moved if you casted on them. my guildie was the first 60 on our server and he did it all by camping accountants or whatever those guys were called for a few weeks.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I remember farming the nobles from like 48-54 in HK. Definitely don't remember being able to grind to 60 there.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
High pass was so fucked, beset by gnolls, orcs, goblins, and random adventurers camping their guards.
I killed so many guards in HH and the keep on P1999. I totally forgot about this until I logged in yesterday, and saw I still had 8k in the bank. Not a large sum by any means, but I only have one level 40ish guy (Iksar Sham) and guard swords sell for a good amount :p

iannis

Musty Nester
That Karana's ramp was one of the most memorable locations in EQ. You could shortcut through runnyeye/the gorge, but thar be monsters! Highroad was safe, but it also took about 10-15 minutes longer.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
The monsters were whatever invisible forces stripped your invis just as you got to the opening in the wall where those two asshole guards were in misty.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
that whole area was dangerous at any level. i remember raiding there in our 60s for the rogue mask, we were fully pimped in end game gear and still lost fools to those guards. fucking hell. i was safe though, i had spent so much time camping that area for exp and the wisdom idol as a noob all my faction was maxed. sometimes i get tempted to log back in, head over there, cast my dogdog and let him loose to empty that zone of orcs

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I loathe the redesigned high pass more then the freeport revamp. Can never figure out how to get anywhere and find is broken in the zone.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
running across the NK bridge, and then the ramp was probably the most memorable experience I've ever had playing a video game. I never knew how fucking big EQ was until the day me and some friends did that trek from Freeport to Qeynos. People that didn't start playing EQ until later on (or those who never played EQ) really missed a pretty awesome experience. The first time, anyway. after that, it was annoying as shit.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
So it's official, EQBrowser has more of a working demo than EQNext did:

I gave Tyen the tools needed to connect a web browser client to an EQEmu server. You can see the results here:
Play | UnityEQ

NPCs spawn in and move. Qeynos2 is the only zone up for looking around in for now. For more fun on how this was made possible, open the browser's debug console (F12 on firefox) and see for yourself.

Or just watch a video if you're lazy: