EQ Never

tad10

Elisha Dushku
So who else is going to SOE Live? I'm registered (Surface) and barring something insane at work that week/end will be going (knock on wood). I only really care about the Friday keynote reveal and aftersession panel with Jeff Butler and plan to spend the rest of the time enjoying the 114 degree heat in or by the pool, fozen margarita in hand but I'm up for a Friday after-session meetup to dissect the reveal + drink.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm thinking about it. Gotta see what's up with work. It's tempting since I've never been to Vegas.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ha I'm not too worried about it.. I'd still enjoy some night life for sure. The hotel is kind of pricey that weekend tho.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
It's not bad for the strip with the SOE discount but you can get cheaper if you're willing to go off strip. I think it was 79 for thursday and 129 for Fri and Sat or thereabouts.

An issue for you to consider is that Vegas is fucking hot in August so you really don't want to be walking too much during the day.

@qwerty that's funny ;-)

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's not bad for the strip with the SOE discount but you can get cheaper if you're willing to go off strip. I think it was 79 for thursday and 129 for Fri and Sat or thereabouts.

An issue for you to consider is that Vegas is fucking hot in August so you really don't want to be walking too much during the day.

@qwerty that's funny ;-)
I got a buddy who lives in vegas, but I'm pretty sure I'll still be too poor by august to go to soelive
frown.png
/sigh

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm just being cheap. I have the money but I want to do some stuff with the house. Ah.. Decisions

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I really want to go but I don't think I can afford the hotel/flight/tickets for the trip on such short notice. Plus going solo would suck.

Siliconemelons

It may be MMORPG but for them to put a shout out to EQ:N on that level it must mean something, sony must of have a primal velium brawlstick wielding oger next to the NDA at the press box... If it was a paid or "forced" press move by sony to MMORPG to get it in that list I am sure it would have hap hazardly been placed in most anticipated or some other category not- best in show...unless what they got was really THAT good-- here is hoping.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I put my guard down for this game. I think they really do have something here. I don't expect original EQ but I do expect something truly new and unique

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I put my guard down for this game. I think they really do have something here.
Keep that guard up. There is still a long way from tech demo to released product. But yes, vewy intwesting that it got Best in Show instead of Most Anticipated; as @xadion pointed out MA was a throw-away (thus Zenimax's ESO and NCSoft's Wildstar both won) and could have been an easy bone to give to SOE.

Vewy, vewy intwesting...

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I put my guard down for this game. I think they really do have something here. I don't expect original EQ but I do expect something truly new and unique
We might have something new (and unique). The question is, will it be good?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
For those who breezed past the link:

Best of Show: Everquest Next

Say what? You thought this one wasn't at E3? Well, really... it wasn't in any official capacity. But we were treated to an early look at what SOE has planned for the game's unveiling in August and we were quite simply blown away by every little detail we saw. This is going to sound like a cop-out, but we can't say why we are choosing EQN as our Best of Show because we've been sworn to secrecy until the big debut in August. What we can say is that we saw grand plans for the world's largest sandbox and it was more than enough to stand head and shoulders above any game we saw at E3. When Sony pulls back the curtain later this summer, you will not be disappointed. EverQuest Next is this year's E3 Best of Show, and in just a couple months you'll all understand why. We promise.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Wow, that's some pretty impressive praise if it's not hyperbole.

Head and shoulder above any game they saw at E3(not just any MMO?)!? I remain skeptical.