EQ Never

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wait, so EQ Landmark is a different game? And if you want to build something you go there? And it has nothing to do with EQN or your character there? It's like a fantasy online lego game?
The way its explained, you build shit in landmark. If its approved by SoE, it could end up in the world of EQnext.

Caliane

Wait, so EQ Landmark is a different game? And if you want to build something you go there? And it has nothing to do with EQN or your character there? It's like a fantasy online lego game?
Pretty sure hes going to end with saying the two are linked.
Which will explain eq next's instancing. hoping from world to world.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
The releasing the "Evercraft" is a smart marketing idea whether you like Next or not.. It reminds me of Apple getting their foot in the door in the education space. I think it will draw a lot of people via the Minecraft feel to their game.

Wolftoad_sl

shitlord
8 skills sounds awful. GW2 has 10 skills + the class mechanics (up to 4 more) plus skills that replace skillbars with 5 new skills, and even that is very limiting.
It's likely meant to make it console friendly, but there is nothing appealing about multiple rows of hotbars. The focus should be on positioning and tactical use of your abilities according to the combat situation, not a precise sequential use of abilities to maximize damage or healing or whatever.

Basically by having Two games is the landmark shit helps everquest next in future and it also makes them money now, as well as helps Cross market Hype the Next MMO launch etc.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This crowd is funny its like they are like " WTF this doesn't seem like everquest at all" , their responses are so meek.

Wtb more info on the game, Is it quest based progression w/ "PQs" , are dungeons instanced etc.

I think they already said the "dropping below ground part" is all phased(so swarm of random guys cant fall in your hole and take all your shit).

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It's likely meant to make it console friendly, but there is nothing appealing about multiple rows of hotbars. The focus should be on positioning and tactical use of your abilities according to the combat situation, not a precise sequential use of abilities to maximize damage or healing or whatever.
Yeah I get that, but 8 is still too few, especially if they're counting those movement skills in there.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
God you people find any reason to complain, I'm not saying it's awesome yet, as the current video is vague-ish and does not show a ton of live content, but shit looks fun man.

I get the impression it's kind of like DragonQuest or whatever the fuck that game was called, where the action was diabloish(real time). Yet this game has a permanent world behind it. I also see Landmark as some kind of "player server" thing where you can build your world of giant dicks or whatever and people can choose to enter it. Obviously there will be more to it.

The proof will be when we all play it but honestly it looks like a nice change of pace.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
What's the STORY?

I'm probably the only fucker asking that. Looks like an incredible arcade game.

But what is the STORY?

Hmerly

Golden Knight of the Realm
I hope they limit it like it was in EQ. Having to pick and choose a limited number of spells forced you to make choices and allowed some people to be better players than others. Also, being able to quickly change spells during a fight was also a blast. HOpefully, EQN won't just allow you to make rows and rows of hotbars and have all your spells available at all times.

Pretty sure hes going to end with saying the two are linked.
Which will explain eq next's instancing. hoping from world to world.
See my post and answer they are linked as well as they can make money now for it this year, as well as players help develop shit for next year for it, as well as cross market hype it.

Caliane

They say anything about how the whole world cant be grief mined to bedrock in a few months?
that and the ecosystem idea has the same problem..

hunt the shit to extinction. paths people don't use get overrun.
Populations move from old game to new. newbie areas get overrun..

So rife for exploitation.