EQ Never

progression of the servers seems overachingly linear (the main rally calls are in fixed order). are rallying calls yielded by SB checkpoints/thresholds quests? hopefully there's enough optional branching triggers that it isn't abosolutely deterministic such that you could tell another server to do x to cause rallycall y.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
Fucking disgusted. I appreciate creativity and trying something new, but if I wanted fucking legos or minecraft, guess what? I'd play with legos or minecraft.

God fucking christ, I just want a fucking difficult massively multiplayer fantasy world.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I will give them credit, it's insanely smart to release the landmark game/tool well before the game launches(at this point its probably next summer or winter). They will have so much content made for them for free that they can put in the game or save for later.

Hmerly

Golden Knight of the Realm
How can you say this doesn't deserve the EQ name? How do you even know how this game will be from the little we've seen? I mean seriously, how do you get worked up so much from so little information? Personally, I am glad it isn't EQ in hd. They're doing some new things and hopefully it'll be great. However, to start saying its shit before you've seen pretty much anything substantial is just silly, don't you think? I am keeping an open mind, and I am a die hard, old school, EQ player, worts and all. I loved that game to death, but I do realize some things need to change. I just hope enough of the magic from the original EQ will be in this new iteration. As of right now, I think think most people have more questions than answers and there is no way to know what the final game will be like. Ut is right though, these SOE guys are not the brightest and have made some horrendous mistakes in the past and I do not have the most faith in their ability to make something special, but I am not going to give up hope from a few half minute long videos and screenshots.

Things I do like so far is the destructibility, however this opens a can of worms and will have consequences. I do like the idea of blasting holes in mountains and finding new underground dungeons. I like that hey mentioned quests won't all be the same and they're not going to hold your hands to complete them. I like that the game world is suppose to be large. Larger than the landmass of Everquest and Everquest 2 combined. I also like that they're sticking to the class based system of healers, dps, tank, etc. Class distinction is very important, and I hope they do not lose sight of that with their multiclassing system. Finally, I also like that they're limiting your ui to 8 hotbar skills/spells during combat. I hate the current 100 button spamfest we play in WoW and EQ2. I loved how in the original EQ you had to strategically pick the spells you wanted up for the situations you may face during a raid or dungeon crawl. It allows players to play the game with some thought, instead of just placing every damn skill/spell they had on a bar or two and spamming them all the time.

I have hope that this game will be something to play, but with SoE you just never know. The guys running the show are just a mystery to me sometimes.

I don't mind what they did with EQN. What has always bothered me is how they ignore that a lot of us want a true EQ sequel. It seems the logic to not make it is bc people can still play the old one which is retarded:-(
I don't even care too much about a 'true' sequel, I would have gone along with all the gay cartoon kiddie characters and players making their own game etc.. if only it at least was a sandbox world that people were afraid of etc.. and dangerous mobs. But all that was bullshit. Clearly it is WoW's world only you can reshape it, and GW2/Wildstar combat. Fucking scumbags.

Not that I really blame them... if I was smedley and I wanted to keep my job and a steady source of pies, I too would 'sell out' any way that was necessary. But still, they bullshitted us good and proper.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I can agree with most of that. The only part is they did talk about Mob AI which I thought should of been done a long time ago.. Of course we will have to see how all this plays out. The class system still needs explaining to me b/c it seems limited to an extent depending on your 2 weapons? I think based on your comments I was expecting something underwhelming and personally it wasn't for me. At this point it really is just talk until we try the game tho
It's going to be like Pokemon. Throughout the game world they are going to have dynamically spawned exploration rewards/boss/mob rewards that will reward you with a different class subset (regardless of weapon) that will open up a new series of skills that are gained through using the prior skill. Based on a drop percentage. The weapon skill set is separate from the class. You will be able to use any weapon you want. So it makes the skill sets endless. Basically what they did here was multiply the GW2 class system by two.

The destructible terrain was done once before, and is now scrapped. I'll give you a hint, it starts with a T and ends with an N. The problem here is setting up the stage effects to getting to other content aside from just looking around random terrain, which is boring as shit. And you cannot path the NPC's properly in these locations unless the spawn is done dynamically, which they are still trying to figure out here, but it isn't doing the game any favors. It creates an empty "fake" feeling of, "Hey here is Lavastorm... and... now... it's completely different than the last Lavastorm I was just in because some guy did 56 whirlwinds and knocked down everything - which then randomly regenerated in a different form 5 minutes later. That's great in a sandbox game. It's not good in an IP that traditionally been about living in a persistent world. And most memories of gamers are made by remembering actual places. That's going to be pretty hard to do when everything will be dynmically designed on the fly, along with mobs, and really, no reason why the hell they are there. Ever.

There isn't much new here besides a terrain builder, an instance to house that in away from the "static" game content, and they haven't announced the fun little details about the cash shop pertaining to accessing that player made content yet either.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hey know you all said if we signed up last night we are good to go.

But I went to check, logged in and got Error message does that mean we are good to go?
If you did it yesterday you should get a message about "we already have your info". It's what I got when I tried to do it today but I already did it in that window yesterday.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
I don't mind what they did with EQN. What has always bothered me is how they ignore that a lot of us want a true EQ sequel. It seems the logic to not make it is bc people can still play the old one which is retarded:-(
The "lot" of you isn't as many as you'd think and nowhere near enough to support tailoring an AAA game towards. You should have learnt this by now.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
progression of the servers seems static. are rallying calls yielded by SB checkpoints/thresholds quests? hopefully there's enough optional branching triggers that it isn't abosolutely deterministic such that you could tell another server to do x to cause rallycall y.
It sounds like it's essentially the AQ gate quest, except with multiple outcomes that depend on the amount of players and their effectiveness on either side. So in that scenario, if players support the goblins, and those players do a better job of sapping the wall, and completing their "collect ten bear ass (X resource)" quests, then the "goblin king" and "halas" will each generate new quest branches showing Halas is weakening dying--and if it goes one way enough, Halas will be destroyed, or become permanent.

Many games have promised this, none have even come close to delivering.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
It will separate the men from the boys now. And I don't mean in the figurative way but literally, anyone over like 25 or something, will not be interested in this lame little kids game, Fantasy Minecraft Online with Spellz n Swordz Dude Bro ORsum! And anyone under that age will think it is the second coming.

Your company are total fucking scum bags for using the EQ name for this game. It should have been called Fantasy Craft Online or something. Calling it EQ makes me think it's just SOE's last stand, and they don't give a fuck about anyone. They are desperate and anything goes.
Bit overboard, as you could easily see that game isnt even beta ready, and not in the FnF alpha stage either. More so its possibly just a lot of chunks of certain areas that they turned from concept to reality. I did not notice them mention raids or how the dungeons would work at all, then again i turned away a few times.

So they did a emphasis on how they made the world and such, but what did you expect? They scrapped the game just last year to start it over and i am not surprised at the limited gameplay we were shown. I was however interested in the fact that actual character advancement didnt get touched on enough outside of the rift-ripoff shit.

This is pretty much exactly how i thought it would be, WoW meets EQ with alot of borrowed concepts altered to fit their world.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I will give them credit, it's insanely smart to release the landmark game/tool well before the game launches(at this point its probably next summer or winter). They will have so much content made for them for free that they can put in the game or save for later.
Exactly.

Stench

Golden Knight of the Realm
So many neckbeards mad up in here. Its a reboot guys, its not EQ1, they never said it would be.

I agree and said that few pages ago, its not just smart either it hypes all of us players with something we can work on now, as well as gives them free marketing for next year release of Next in Nov or Dec 2014 as stated few times that strongly felt the earliest the game could go live due to my background with MMO Pre Alphas to final open betas over the last 16 years.

Cheers.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The "lot" of you isn't as many as you'd think and nowhere near enough to support tailoring an AAA game towards. You should have learnt this by now.
Have you read the comments on various websites. Some serious bridge jumping today. lol it's bigger than you'd admit.. So why argue?

Caliane

It's going to be like Pokemon. Throughout the game world they are going to have dynamically spawned exploration rewards/boss/mob rewards that will reward you with a different class subset (regardless of weapon) that will open up a new series of skills that are gained through using the prior skill. Based on a drop percentage. The weapon skill set is separate from the class. You will be able to use any weapon you want. So it makes the skill sets endless. Basically what they did here was multiply the GW2 class system by two.

The destructible terrain was done once before, and is now scrapped. I'll give you a hint, it starts with a T and ends with an N. The problem here is setting up the stage effects to getting to other content aside from just looking around random terrain, which is boring as shit. And you cannot path the NPC's properly in these locations unless the spawn is done dynamically, which they are still trying to figure out here, but it isn't doing the game any favors. It creates an empty "fake" feeling of, "Hey here is Lavastorm... and... now... it's completely different than the last Lavastorm I was just in because some guy did 56 whirlwinds and knocked down everything - which then randomly regenerated in a different form 5 minutes later. That's great in a sandbox game. It's not good in an IP that traditionally been about living in a persistent world. And most memories of gamers are made by remembering actual places. That's going to be pretty hard to do when everything will be dynmically designed on the fly, along with mobs, and really, no reason why the hell they are there. Ever.

There isn't much new here besides a terrain builder, an instance to house that in away from the "static" game content, and they haven't announced the fun little details about the cash shop pertaining to accessing that player made content yet either.
fuck am I agreeing with him again?

I'm not going to say, the issues are not solvable. But I will believe it when I see it. Its a hell of alot easier to go wrong, then it is to get right here.

Naj_sl

shitlord
Expecting this game to be Everquest 1.5 or whatever was silly. They specifically said that while that was the original plan, that project was scrapped to create what they have now.

I'm highly interested in the Minecraft style mechanics. Hoping all that stuff is enabled for PVP areas.