EQ Never

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
all in all I'll be playing this, maybe wishing for slow, dark, dangerous dungeon crawls, but thinking maybe this example of an MMO minecraft will let some small company create a good mesh of dungeon crawl and minecraft.
Isn't all the minecrafting done via landmark which is a seperate game all together, with the ability to port assets into EQ:N to be sold/used.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Hint: SOE couldn't give two shits what the sperglord neckbeard part of this community likes, because they're (surprise!) a business and out to make money.

Which is, you know, what I've been saying for the last six months or so.
Yeah.. Completely understand and agree but I was surprised how little I saw or felt Everquest in Everquet Next. I'm not passing too much judgement yet though. I'm really just commenting on what we know and have seen. I guess I had two things on my mind... VG 2.0 or some Action/Fantasy skinned Free Realms. I think it's better not to pay too much attention just yet. I believe come December we'll know much more.

Carl_sl

shitlord
mmorpg.com is also reporting that your weapon skills change between each class which is good as I was expecting the ESO approach where no matter what class you are if you pick up a weapon it does the same stupid thing.

Carl_sl

shitlord
Isn't all the minecrafting done via landmark which is a seperate game all together, with the ability to port assets into EQ:N to be sold/used.
I'm not super creative so the only part that matters to me is pick axing down in to a cave that i can explore which is done in the real game.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I don't know what to expect out of the game. I enjoy what they have shown, but I will agree there was a little too much particle effects going on during the attacks but I don't think every class only attacks with AOE attacks. Just seems like something they wanted to show off.

But I do enjoy that they are truly trying to get the community involved.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
What I saw will shine on consoles are that is kind of what I want so i'm content until my next fix.

kudos

<Banned>
Worst thing I've heard so far from some famous WoW twitch streaming faggot: "IT WAS TOO DARK AT NIGHT TIME. I HOPE THEY CHANGE THAT I COULDNT SEE IT WAS TOOOOO DARK!"

Fucking carebear.

misery_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_38729.jpg

I can't be the only one?

supertouch_sl

shitlord
why are people so hung up on combat? combat's not going to keep you playing and you can forget about single-player combat in an mmo because that would be a logistical nightmare. and lol at wow combat being more exciting than eq combat. the only difference between the two was that wow required more button spamming.

Carl_sl

shitlord
why are people so hung up on combat? combat's not going to keep you playing and you can forget about single-player combat in an mmo because that would be a logistical nightmare. and lol at wow combat being more exciting than eq combat. the only difference between the two was that wow required more button spamming.
It kinda is more exciting though. In the same way that any sport is more exciting than baseball, a game that requires more actions is more exciting than eq. Don't correlate that response with me saying EQ wasn't good or fun or exciting though.

Worst thing I've heard so far from some famous WoW twitch streaming faggot: "IT WAS TOO DARK AT NIGHT TIME. I HOPE THEY CHANGE THAT I COULDNT SEE IT WAS TOOOOO DARK!"

Fucking carebear.
i've always wanted a oot-like-navi flying around you in tutorial mode that mocks you when you fuck up and die. on death after attacking guards it'd say, "hey! listen! ...why would you attack an armored guard? did you expect not to die?" or, "why did you travel at night alone ...without a fucking light. you were asking to be raped."

in effect it calls you out on doing retarded things for which alot of people quit with the entitlement that it works the way they expect it to work. mock they for being idiots on death.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Video finally uploaded. I cut out the first 30minutes of shitfuck and it's straight to the presentation. So for anyone who missed it or for anyone that wants to complain even more can. Enjoy.

kudos

<Banned>
Watching the ESO gameplay from earlier today. I think it is more what people here are looking for.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
3) What does Sony really mean by EverQuest Next being "the biggest sandbox ever"? - Greydath

In terms of space available to be played in, EverQuest Next is larger than all the zones in EverQuest and EverQuest II combined. Between impressive use of verticality and digging, it will quite literally be the biggest sandbox game ever seen to date.
This has to be a straight up lie right? Everquest 1 by itself is HUGE

http://www.eqhammer.com/interview/everquest-next-qa

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sweet, so now I'm legitimately signed up for the beta! Probably would've missed it with fucking RR being down all day.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
No net so no live blog will fill in details right after.

quick notes.
rallying cry is seed not serverwide msg
death penalty not set
considering special rule set srvrs
starting

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
here's something depressing to think about. There are wizard spires, but everyones a wizard and can be a wizard whenever they want? soo... who gives a shit if you have a wizard in your group or not. everyone can just go to the druid ring or wizard spire cause we are all those classes. : (
Except, we don't know the requirement to get the port spells. It could be difficult and very involved. But we'll have to wait and see, I guess.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Hey, I can finally get on here; the site hasn't been loading for me all day.

rrr_img_38729.jpg

I can't be the only one?
Oh good, so I'm not the only one who saw that.

Overall, I like what I saw in that reveal. They definitely need to scale down the shoulder pads a bit (seriously, I'm not one to get wigged out over somewhat exaggerated armor, but that kerran was like 70% pauldron), but otherwise I like the art style. Destructible landscape and storybricks both look good, and the class system is intriguing, but I want to hear more about it. They probably also need to tone down the spell effects a smidge so that you can actually see the combat, but otherwise I'm not going to pass judgement of the combat yet, although there does seem to be more than a little GW2 in there,which I enjoy well enough.

One thing I'd like to know is if land ownership and structure building will be part of the main game, or just the Landmark thing. Even if it's a stripped down version of what Landmark has, I'd think they would have something like that in the base game.