EQ Never

Carl_sl

shitlord
Thats the only thing thats holding me together is the hopes that it was just staged to show some part of the game thats not really how its going to be.
would you be fine if those were the abilities and the attack style but your elite mobs took much longer to kill? and didn't come in packs of 15.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
How much of that combat was real though? I'm telling myself that everything was done just to show off ability that Georgeson thought was cool. Surely it won't be so action game heavy.
The game isn't even in alpha, the PCs were invulnerable, and the optimization probably was shit to boot.

They have a prototype. I wouldn't really worry about the combat sequence or the ghastly AE display of pixel silliness that was shown.

The game isn't even in alpha, the PCs were invulnerable, and the optimization probably was shit to boot.

They have a prototype. I wouldn't really worry about the combat sequence or the ghastly AE display of pixel silliness that was shown.
Denial. Seriously, name ONE game you ever saw footage of which changed something so significant as that before release.

Carl_sl

shitlord
Denial. Seriously, name ONE game you ever saw footage of which changed something so significant as that before release.
agreed, that's likely what you are getting even if you have to be more careful than that or fight for longer periods of time.

edit: also why do i have to go through hidemyass.com to view this forum now, it sucks cause every time i post on this topic i end up in the politics forum.

I'm a bit skeptical that rallying calls can result in meaningful differences across servers. Let's say half the servers manage to save Halas and the others let it burn. The next time they want to do something in that area they have to write two versions of the rallying call. Server state will rapidly diverge to the point where they would need custom content for each server, and that just doesn't seem reasonable.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
In regards to the character art and expressions, they do look much better in the game and in context. It is very Dreamwork/Pixar but the girl really looked great within the game. I'm not going to stress so much about but another concern I have with Georgeson is that he loves gimmics. See SoEmote. If this game is driven by gimmics it will fail.

Honestly, taking everything at face value, I really think EQ/EQ2 looked to capture a much better essence of what our community would expect than what EQNext displayed thus far.

No there is no more careful or fight for longer. What you saw is what you will get. Occasionally it will be a big mob that takes 5 seconds, otherwise it will be 50 goblins that take 2 seconds. That's just what the masses want.

Regardless of what they said, SOE didn't want to shake up the MMO industry with something wild and new. All they wanted to do is to pander to it. They have taken the 5 or so key things that have worked from all the games in the past decade or so, and they have put them all in one game.

This is all about mass appeal.

rolx_sl

shitlord
would you be fine if those were the abilities and the attack style but your elite mobs took much longer to kill? and didn't come in packs of 15.
Depends how many of the worlds mobs were elite. If all dungeon mobs were elite and came more like eq1 mobs each one was hard as fuck and you had to have some sort of CC good pulling, root, or mez I would be down. Thats what im hoping is the norm. If that and you had to do a total BITCH of a quest to change your main class around I would be fine, I actually welcome that type of structure. But from like warrior to ranger.. you go out and hump some trees + some. Just not going from Warrior to mage, thats completely wack.

Carl_sl

shitlord
I'm a bit skeptical that rallying calls can result in meaningful differences across servers. Let's say half the servers manage to save Halas and the others let it burn. The next time they want to do something in that area they have to write two versions of the rallying call. Server state will rapidly diverge to the point where they would need custom content for each server, and that just doesn't seem reasonable.
IF they had a whole pile of content to release to the servers and they released it in a different order for each server it woudl appear different until the next expac when everything for the previous version had been released. But then you would just have players knowing what is coming eventually.

misery_sl

shitlord
Really looking forward to feedback from these panels;

1-2PM Saturday
EverQuest Next: The Classes of EverQuest Next - A discussion about one of the most important features of any MMO: the classes!

4-5PM Saturday
EverQuest Next: Q&A - You have many, many questions. We have answers to at least some of them. We should hang out.

I hope they shed some light on some of the areas that they left us in the dark about.

Also, multiple topics to vote on here;
https://www.everquestnext.com/round-table
Forums are up too, so you can discuss the poll options and give feedback,
https://forums.station.sony.com/ever...round-table.2/

It's an interesting way to do things for sure, and I approve of it.

how many concurrent pcs/stuff are able to be on the same screen with the current ps2 engine? seems that server population might be have to be smaller if everyone is going to huddle together for some types of rallyingcalls. (or just many concurrent rallyingcalls for distribution to cause the next rallyingcall).

Carl_sl

shitlord
Depends how many of the worlds mobs were elite. If all dungeon mobs were elite and came more like eq1 mobs each one was hard as fuck and you had to have some sort of CC good pulling, root, or mez I would be down. Thats what im hoping is the norm. If that and you had to do a total BITCH of a quest to change your main class around I would be fine, I actually welcome that type of structure. But from like warrior to ranger.. you go out and hump some trees + some. Just not going from Warrior to mage, thats completely wack.
Im really hoping that when they show a dungeon that the mobs are actually tough. They DID at least say that if you are going to change from one class to another and the other class is given by a faction that hates you you will at least have to faction up before you can have it. It makes sense, they want it to be like eve and while you don't have to in game grind it does take time to learn new things.

This is the only game to show live footage BEFORE ALPHA.
Lol bullshit, alpha and beta means nothing any more. There are games all over Steam that you can actually buy in so called alpha state. I own a bunch of them. This game has the music, the particle effects, the post processing, it's all there. The design was decided long ago, this is the final stretch now before release. They are throwing it together and what you see is definitely what you will get.

Don't think otherwise are you are going to be really disappointed. If you liked what you saw, then you will like the finished game. If not, you wont.