EQ Never

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I've yet to see them say you can still play a full healer and be the most effective healer playing this style. Everything I've seen says it's going to be one of those systems of "you gotta dps to heal" things. That's not the same.

Maybe I'm wrong and I hope I am , and have missed it , but the pure healer hate was strong with them at the panels
It was retarded. You can be a healer but you need defensive skills (e.g. like the ice wall in the video) because you can't predict when tank is going to lose threat (see how I did that) and the mob will target you.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
What fucking Ogres are you guys looking at that are 'dead sexy'? Surely not these, right?

I'd agree that they're not as grotesque as the original EQ models, but it's not like they're Fabio.

rrr_img_39553.jpg
Sorry, it's as grotesque as Beast in Disney's Beauty & the Beast.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
It was retarded. You can be a healer but you need defensive skills (e.g. like the ice wall in the video) because you can't predict when tank is going to lose threat (see how I did that) and the mob will target you.
Now that I wouldn't mind , I just was afraid they were implying to heal well it was going to be one of those you have to build up your healing power by damaging the mob sort of things.

Fedor

<Banned>
I'd even say marketing is dead wrong on this.

What focus group told them , "fuck even though we have X number of other races to choose from , we want Ogres to be dead sexy."

This just seems completely and utterly clueless on their part to suggest "many EQN players" want this.

I don't think this is just "us old EQ farts" , I honestly think the vast majority of players would say make Ogres big and ugly and fat or say , I just don't care as I don't plan on playing one anyway.

This "many players" shit she put in her first tweet about it is pure bullshit. It's her or as said here some marketing twit who knows nothing.
The Simpsons Season 8 Episode 14

Okay, how many of you kids would like Itchy & Scratchy to deal with real-life problems, like the ones you face every day?

(the kids all cheer and agree)

And who would like to see them do just the opposite - getting into far-out situations involving robots and magic powers?

(more cheering)

So, you want a realistic, down-to-earth show... that's completely off-the-wall and swarming with magic robots?

(The kids agree)
iAOuXQScDeAgg.gif

tad10

Elisha Dushku
And clarification, I used the word "threat" specifically. As I understand the combat AI (which is not much) you no longer generate aggo, but instead the AI does constant threat assessment. So to hold the mob you need to generate "threat"

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
It will be interesting come EQN launch time what direction they go in regards to things they specifically polled about.

As in will they actually steer towards the poll results or just ignore them period.

Currently the three leading choices have the hard restrictions to penalties to makes it more interesting are all ahead of the every class play everything choice.

https://www.everquestnext.com/round-...es-all-classes

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
If it is confirmed now (sort of) that underground places are not phased, and can be entered by everyone, does that not also confirm some death mechanics?

If you die in a randomly generated dungeon underground, you can not have a world that resets itself on your corpse. So can not have corpse or body retrieval. This means death will equal a respawn (permadeath will certainly not be the response on normal servers) and feature no interconnectivity. Fitting with their slogan of everyone taking care of themselves.

Also, if you dig down, explore and find a dungeon. Have there been any timelines to these earthquakes that reset/changes landmasses? Read that they can close at different intervals, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, etc. Will reset earthquakes be like geysers? Predictable and can be timed down to seconds, perhaps even with an automatic UI warning of resets. Just like the timer of a server restart warning you to get to safety, the world would tell you that in X time, the next earthquake is due and you should get out of the underground. If not then a group playing in a Tier 2c area, getting close to finding the Tier 3 entrance, could risk an earthquake suddenly wiping them and returning to spawn. Having to not only do Tier 1a, 1b, 1c, 2a, 2b, 2c again, but they have to find a new area like that again too. And are earthquakes/resets tied to that spesific area/hole, or as the whole for Norrath? Meaning there is one universal timer for resets. Or would it work in a way where individual dungeon X is permanent until discovered, then timer starts ticking for it to be closed?

Which brings me to the question of how large a part of the landmass features content beneath it? Would they show up on a map? In a landmass supposedly as big as EQ1 and EQ2 combined + all expansions, you could have a hundred different rotating generated dungeons underground and people would still have to dig everywhere to hope to randomly find one that might dissapear again at any moment.

It sounds good, I am just curious as to how it can be pulled off as a feature that is not just a gimmic, but also works functionally without having players rage over spending 10 hours finding a dungeon that resets 5 minutes after you found it. Seems fast combat and DPS is certainly the priority of the game as groups will need to work hard and fast to progress quickly enough in the randomly generated dungeons to get to the higher tiers before it closes up on them.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
If not then a group playing in a Tier 2c area, getting close to finding the Tier 3 entrance, could risk an earthquake suddenly wiping them and returning to spawn. Having to not only do Tier 1a, 1b, 1c, 2a, 2b, 2c again, but they have to find a new area like that again too. .
Not how that works.

rrr_img_39563.jpg