EQ Never

tad10

Elisha Dushku
This thread moves so fast I didn't even bother tbh. My bad. Whatever though, I still find it to be a neat concept if they do end up implementing something like this.
When it goes to open beta we need to either start a new sub-forum or open a couple of threads. Impossible to track all the info.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Truth.

I wonder how they're going to handle closed beta though? If the game is in open development I'm curious. I really think NDA is only used as an extra hype tool at this point because all these companies know their game will be leaked no matter what.

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
Warrior (duh)
Cleric (support/heal with a bit of melee, but no paladin because those require strict faction and behaviour)
Rogue (obvous)
Ranger ("ranged rogue")
Priest ("ranged cleric")
Druid (treehugger)
Wizard or magician (nukes)
Necromancer (evil wizard)
I'd think they would leave the good/evil choices for future 'play your way' decisions:
Warrior - Paladin / SK
Monk
Cleric
Shaman / Druid
Rogue - Bard / Assassin
Ranger - Beastlord / Archer
Wizard - Elemental specialties
Mage - Enchanter / Necro

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I'd think they would leave the good/evil choices for future 'play your way' decisions:
I'll agree with this. No Paladin/SK at start as you point out. But I think they have to start out with one CC class.

There may be no Trinity, per se. But the classes will be Trinity-ish.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Warrior - Paladin / SK
Monk
Cleric
Shaman / Druid
Rogue - Bard / Assassin
Wizard - Elemental specialties
Mage - Enchanter / Necro
Slightly fixed to what I am betting on.

Warrior - Paladin / SK / Monk / Blademaster / Beserker etc
Priest - Cleric / Shaman / Druid
Rogue - Bard / Assassin
Evocator - Enchanter / Wizard etc
Conjurer - Necro / Magician / Elemantalist

edit: refined a little

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Truth.

I wonder how they're going to handle closed beta though? If the game is in open development I'm curious. I really think NDA is only used as an extra hype tool at this point because all these companies know their game will be leaked no matter what.
They're going to keep EQN locked down in an NDA until the combat is "working-as-intended" is my guess. I can't imagine them going open beta until the combat and majority of classes are set. EQN/L on the other will go open beta as soon as their comfortable, which could be very soon.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
They're going to keep EQN locked down in an NDA until the combat is "working-as-intended" is my guess. I can't imagine them going open beta until the combat and majority of classes are set. EQN/L on the other will go open beta as soon as their comfortable, which could be very soon.
I wonder if I should make an SOE account with no years of original EQ or VG on it to apply , just in case they lean towards "oh hell no we don't want those folks as our closed beta testers" .

gogojira_sl

shitlord
I'm sure there might be an item or two in the rocks, but don't you think this might have been just easter eggs for us to find and get excited about? Maybe it'll just be some heritage items or something.

Edit: This post was about the hidden art items. Man, this thread does move fast.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
I'm curious as to what races they're going to lauch with and how starting cities will pan out. Think the lore says that we're all returning to Antonica after we got ran off Kunark and we haven't been on Antonica in like a long time. So I wonder if we'll just all start in the same sort of beachhead/toe hold camp or if we'll actually get racial starting cities.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I'm curious as to what races they're going to lauch with and how starting cities will pan out. Think the lore says that we're all returning to Antonica after we got ran off Kunark and we haven't been on Antonica in like a long time. So I wonder if we'll just all start in the same sort of beachhead/toe hold camp or if we'll actually get racial starting cities.
The lore is designed so we all start from Qeynos and they don't have to build Halas & etc because we build them. It's genius, I guess. But if it means an October 2014 release and a lot of fucking time digging in the earth on the magically generated content then I'm okay with it.

@gogojira that's what I think. Dig dug doesn't make any sense.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
I wonder if I should make an SOE account with no years of original EQ or VG on it to apply , just in case they lean towards "oh hell no we don't want those folks as our closed beta testers" .
I signed up with 3x old EQ accounts and 1 new one. Hell one of my EQ accounts is my original from 99 that I've played EQ1/2, Vanguard and Planetside 2 on. Hedging my bets.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
We're going to start with a generic "Elf" race and then players can build Felwithe and Kelethin. These elves will eventually turn into wood elves and high elves and if you choose to become a citizen, you can opt into the newly unlocked race. I have no clue what I'm talking about but it sounds OK in my head.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
There will be 8 starting class options and it is possible that different races may have different starting options.
Right. With that said, sub-classes in my previous list could be open for players to use from the get go.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Right. With that said, sub-classes in my previous list could be open for players to use from the get go.
They are probably just going to pick 4 "known classes" and 4 "cool-sounding" new classes (e.g. Tempest). They want to get the cook kids playing.

Would a 15-year old rather play a Warrior or a Tempest?

Jais

Trakanon Raider
Ogres rolling around Qeynos will be odd but whatevs. Not sure how I feel about one starting city, I mean how evil can I be if I have to return to Qeynos to sell and shit. Reckon we'll see.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
We're going to start with a generic "Elf" race and then players can build Felwithe and Kelethin. These elves will eventually turn into wood elves and high elves and if you choose to become a citizen, you can opt into the newly unlocked race. I have no clue what I'm talking about but it sounds OK in my head.
Seems about right. They talked about a Rallying Call where an unknown ancient evil stirs (CT or Inny) which could lead to the DEs going from an elven caste to out-cast(e) and moving to Neriak. I kill myself. -_-