EQ Never

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Ogres rolling around Qeynos will be odd but whatevs. Not sure how I feel about one starting city, I mean how evil can I be if I have to return to Qeynos to sell and shit. Reckon we'll see.
Qeynos is the Mos Eisley of Norrath. That from the mouth of the lore dev.

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
Venture to guess that Iksar wont be a starting race since they just ran off the Combine from Kunark, per the new lore.

iannis

Musty Nester
I'm sure draeg-nog will throw up a sub forum when there's a reason for it. If not an entire damn Landmark Junkies site.

That's kinda what he does!

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
I like the idea of 1 starting city because they can really make an 'unexplored' frontier, where the further you get from the main city, the more dangerous it gets. That kind of loses it's appeal when there's starting zones and cities around every turn.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I'm sure draeg-nog will throw up a sub forum when there's a reason for it. If not an entire damn Landmark Junkies site.

That's kinda what he does!
I'm cool with just a couple of threads (EQN Beta/Live, EQN/L Beta/Live) unless EQN is totally choading up MMORPG general. No clue how the rest of you feel of course.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I like the idea of 1 starting city because they can really make an 'unexplored' frontier, where the further you get from the main city, the more dangerous it gets. That kind of loses it's appeal when there's starting zones and cities around every turn.
Doesn't bother me for EQN. I'll leave it at that.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Seems about right. They talked about a Rallying Call where an unknown ancient evil stirs (CT or Inny) which could lead to the DEs going from an elven caste to out-cast(e) and moving to Neriak. I kill myself. -_-
I'd forgive one starting city if we were truly able to impact the world in ways such as this. That's funny considering that one starting city sounds about like my nightmare, but I guess it's all in how you apply it. When it's a string a ? quests I'm one and done with a starting city, but if I can shoot out in any direction it's not so bad.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I'd forgive one starting city if we were truly able to impact the world in ways such as this. That's funny considering that one starting city sounds about like my nightmare, but I guess it's all in how you apply it. When it's a string a ? quests I'm one and done with a starting city, but if I can shoot out in any direction it's not so bad.
Literally every direction. NWSE Up and Down. Though Up might take a little while.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ogres rolling around Qeynos will be odd but whatevs. Not sure how I feel about one starting city, I mean how evil can I be if I have to return to Qeynos to sell and shit. Reckon we'll see.
In EQ2, you could make an Ogre SK, betray to Queynos and become an Ogre Pally.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I actually like that idea of unlocking new races, that sounds pretty cool as opposed to "Hey we discovered a new race oh and we suddenly know absolutely everything about them" ...it would kinda suck for players later down the line I suppose to miss those races coming to be but that'd be fucking neat.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
http://www.usgamer.net/articles/-ind...verquest-next-

First hint of combat AI, discuss:

Having said that, it's certainly intriguing to see how their influence might help mold Everquest Next. Green went into further detail about how combat may possibly work. " What we want to do is we want to have combat to be, you know, an encounter. Something that's interesting to the player. One of the things we're working on is basically different types of monsters. Tying into something that we were talking about, if we have a monster type that is going to be timid, they might not try to engage in direct combat. Maybe, they're going to do something like lead you through traps or maybe try flanking maneuvers or something like that. You're going to have to adjust your tactics to what kind of monster. And as you adjust your tactics, they're going to adjust their tactics. What we want is to have it so that combat doesn't just become 'I see something, I hit the right buttons, and then it dies and I take the treasure.' We want it to be an interesting part of gameplay." ?

There's more. "It might also be something like maybe if you're fighting something and a second monster comes and the second monster hates the monster you're fighting more than it hates you, it might actually join in on your side. This is a possibility; something that could happen. It depends on the situation."

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I have a feeling that all of these rallying calls, amazing ai, and general world layout will become predictable within a month or so of launch.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
Yeah good point. Guess I was just thinking of the nightmare like you pointed out.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Up minus flying mounts and I'm in love. I just want to explore some damn land, and it really seems like EQN can deliver here.
rrr_img_39679.jpg

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
I'm neutral on the one starting area thing as long as we can spread out immediately and not be funneled (which doesn't seem to be a concern here for EQN ) , but it made me think of my old habits in original EQ at launch.

I started with a human in Freeport and then later had Dark Elf , and Halfling eventually too , but I got so used to the East/West commons I just always ended up picking to start there. I loved going and exploring all over , but I never shook the feeling in all the years of playing that Qeynos was almost a completely different world/area and always felt like a "foreign city" when I went there.

Not a bad thing at all either , just another one of those side effects (a positive one I think ) , that came from world travel actually taking so long.