EQ Never

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Why can't they just stop with all this new gen shit and make a good traditional MMO
Honestly is there even talent left @ Daybreak to make a good Eq-esque MMO ? This thing, should it ever actually be a thing, will simply what others predicted.. grabbing on to the latest trend in any way possible, with a brand name in gaming attached. Everquest.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Was there even talent left at SOE to make a good EQ-esque MMO, or even a bad one... or do much of anything in the mmo genre in how many years? I mean, aside from Free Realms and turning Vanguard around.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
my hope was the new bloods were assigned it and all the older people went to something else. That's why I hoped eq3 and EQN were being developed at the same time.

90Proof_sl

shitlord
I like what Daybreak is doing with the animations, art, lore and world building. Domino, Talisker, and company need to give an update on gameplay mechanics.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like what Daybreak is doing with the animations, art, lore and world building. Domino, Talisker, and company need to give an update on gameplay mechanics.
They can't because they are broken. They did a bunch of world building first and never bothered to prototype the systems that matter. Now they are stuck in programmer hell trying to make everything work.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
What needs to be made isn't complicated. It was done in 1997. It was done in 1999. We don't need fucking storybricks or voxel garbage. Why are those even things?

Boloboy

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Can they stop with the follow the glowing trail, marker above quest givers and magic/huge upgrades every other snake already. Its so boring and provides no entertainment or challenge in my opinion.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
Did anyone, here or elsewhere, from Blizzard ever respond to Kern?

Mark Kern_sl said:
"Sometimes I look at WoW and think 'What have we done?'," he wrote.

"I think I know. I think we killed a genre."
He must be the only honest person that ever worked there, apparently.

Mughal

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Was there even talent left at SOE to make a good EQ-esque MMO, or even a bad one... or do much of anything in the mmo genre in how many years? I mean, aside from Free Realms and turning Vanguard around.
Given enough resources and freedom Darrin McPherson can deliver

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sounds like he's the all star at daybreak. Heard good things about him from a few current and former daybreak people.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I dont think anyone here was referring to the noobie experience having 1000's of players all trying to get the same bear ass. The WW2 reference was exactly what they had in mind. A battle of tremendous, Eve-like proportions. A World Boss that is of Titan proportions. Things like that. The only reason that I agree with it being unneeded is the fact that the tech and design time to implement said features, although awesome, would just be far outweighed by what they could spend those same resources on somewhere else within the game.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sounds like it's doing ok. Vu is actually lead dev over there. He's a good guy and dev. Wish him Lots of success