EQ Never

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All they had to do was remake EQ1 with a few class changes.

Take spells away from rangers, make them about bouncing between melee and ranged, give them a few buttons to press for attacks, and gap closers/creaters--I would keep their small healing abilities and utilitarian shit like snare.
Beastlords- Ditch 'em, give rangers an animal pet.
Combine Warrior and Berzerker, give warriors some debuffy abilities (snare, etc), the beserkers buff shouts, and a their provoke line from the begining. (As an aside, to give them minor soloability I would give 'em the ability to proc a rune on themselves)
Paladins-Keep 'em with the current class design.
Shadowknights-Focus almost entirely on taps and aggro.
Monk- Same general design, incorporating some of the later AA abilities added for more buttons to press for the ADHD kids.
Shaman - They were obviously intended to be spell/melee hybrids. Make it happn capn
Cleric - Same basic design, maybe with a stronger offensive stance kinda thing that makes 'em able to do half-respectable DPS at a cost of major healing
Druid - Same basic design.
Mage - Same basic design, not OP pets
Necro - Fast dots and long dots from the beginning, just for more group viability; I'd personally just make this a toggle to avoid epic dot stacking, similar to the ST-AE toggle in the original incarnation of FFXIV
Wizard - Make shadowstep do something fun, otherwise keep 'em mostly the same.
Bard - Fuck 'em imho, but they're loved so keep 'em the same. Maybe tweak some numbers and shit so that they can solo
Enchanter - Obviously, make CC matter again. Make this their primary purpose. Perhaps some solo abilities like a mez bomb or something for fun. Nerf the balls out of charming.
Rogue - The goal in most of these changes is QOL or to give them some solo viability. Thusly, the rogue provided the most difficulty. IMHO the solution is to rip off the riftstalker's shadowstepping shit. Combine it with 2-3 hit invulnerability on the shadowsteps, give them some minor stuns (for level-1, and make those abilities interrupts above that) that let them get backstabs off. Maybe a force the enemy to turn ability..I would give them a smokescreen ability that is an AE debuff to accuracy. I would also give them group sneak/hide....I don't know of a good option that would make them viable duo partners on group named without making them OP on raid mobs. It'd be possible to make the "stun" abilities allow 1-2 backstabs from any angle, I suppose.

I may've missed a class.

For all classes, I'd provide a downtime reducer so that your downtime is a max of like 3 minutes--Maybe tied to a regentless bind wound? Makes you actively play. For caster I don't know what the answer would be for mana, or for endurance for melee. Maybe make ability resource be the big point in downtime? I don't know. Mana regen doesn't HAVE to be as slow as it was back in the day.

Basically, make EQ1 in a new engine, provide some fun abilities for all the classes that fit fairly well into the EQ system (I feel mine do, with some minor changes to some base mechanics that would allow the game to feel mostly the same but be more fluid), and remake the land we know and love with the same lore.

Shit, I'd of played a rogue over a monk in EQ if it were like that. Probably would've even paired well with a shaman...Making things more involved cuts down on the box armies too, cause you need crazy shit like complicated ISBoxer bullshit to pull it off.

I just want the glory days back though, so a simple reskin would hook me.
Pantheon on

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Pantheon on
If pantheon delivers fun class and encounter design in a world with character, I'll sub for years.

At this point I'd settle for a battlemage that has some survivability options to go solo dungeons 10+ levels below me or raids 2+ expansions behind.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
All I got from that Ranger description was WoW survival Hunter. At least, pre-Cataclysm last I played.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
A group of 20 developers will log into Landmark and chip away at voxels. It'll be the most concurrent users Landmark has had in a year.

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
The number of views on all those EQ Next videos is just...sad.
I don't know... I felt that them mentioning that this was going to be their first internal company test of combat after three years of development to be even more sad.

For context, isn't Crowfall doing the equivalent 4 months after their Kickstarter?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If you want to play a Good MMO again it's more realistic to invest in a Time Machine Kickstarter and go back to whichever period of whatever game you thought was best, rather than pray that 40 monkeys on keyboards can randomly produce something non-shit.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pantheon on
I'm seriously flabbergasted how you somehow believe Brad and his crackpot team can put together a legitimate sequel to Eq now. Do you forget when Microsoft gave him carte blanche and he produced, arguably, the worst MMO ever. At least the largest flop.

Seriously wtf

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
And Vanguard stole the funding for Mythica, a game that had looked genuinely non-shit, and significantly closer to being a AAA title at the GenCon hands-on.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm seriously flabbergasted how you somehow believe Brad and his crackpot team can put together a legitimate sequel to Eq now. Do you forget when Microsoft gave him carte blanche and he produced, arguably, the worst MMO ever. At least the largest flop.

Seriously wtf
Stay tuned and pantheon on.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
And Vanguard stole the funding for Mythica, a game that had looked genuinely non-shit, and significantly closer to being a AAA title at the GenCon hands-on.
I saw an internal MS demo of Mythica. I still want that game.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider

Seriously wtf
The worst part is, as horrible as Vanguard was, it's the best MMO I've played in the last 10 years.

Boobietastles_sl

shitlord
From the /r/eqnext subreddit

During the livestream today Terry and Steve joined and answered some question and said their first internal company wide play-test is today!!! I will update with link and time when they upload the stream!

Workshop Show 47 is the newest Livestream and it is right around the 5 minute mark.Twitch[1]

Elidroth_sl

shitlord

Seriously wtf
Sorry, but let's keep it a bit more real shall we? Vanguard didn't succeed. No argument there, but it shipped, was played by a lot of people, but was hardly the worst MMO ever, and certainly wasn't the biggest flop ever. I can name several MMOs that were much worse, and there are countless others that never even shipped. I'm all for acknowledging the industry's failures, but hyperbole doesn't help anything.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i think the reason most people say Vanguard was such a failure is because most people had such high hopes for the game. Vanguard might not have been the worst MMO ever, but it might have had the biggest gap ever between what we hoped for and what we actually got.