EQ Never

gogojira_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_128298.jpg

I remember when it looked like this, pre-voxel fucking.

xzi

Mouthbreather
So are these retards giving me my 100$ back? (that I am equally as retarded for hype-buying)

Although I suppose on technicalities I bought the EQ:Minecraft game and not really Next. I pretty much saw this coming the second Daybreak bought out SoE and then told everyone they weren't going to interfere with development and then 2 weeks later proceeded to fire everyone.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If they just would have embraced EQ1 and gave the player base what it has been asking for, for 20 fucking years, they would probably have an MMO hit on their hands.

It is like a girl with a great rack, that refuses to acknowledge that the attention she gets is anything but negative. Instead of embracing it, she wants to get reduction surgery and at the end of the day just kills herself. That is what SOE and Daybreak did to the EQ franchise. Good job you retarded fucks.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
It's so simple. You don't have to be groundbreaking to hit your target audience. They could come up with EQ3 and take the lore and certain elements of EQ1, take some of the good from EQ2, and then add just a little newness to the game and its fine. I just want Norrath maybe after the Sleeper has awoken, post-PoT, or maybe Veeshan's return and go with it. I don't know... it's a little deflating but we all knew it was going to happened or maybe have been dead for a long time now. They should sell off the IP but the TLP servers are probably making them a little bit of cash.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Meanwhile Pantheon plays like EQ, and is shown off on the day that EQ Next dies.

God damn, Brad. Cold as ice.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Did anyone really think this game would see the light of day? The concept was way too ambitious (and kind of lame to be honest). I knew EQN was doomed when that panel of developers/producers contradicted much of what Ponytail had promised fans.

Elidroth_sl

shitlord
The really sad thing is the game started out being evolutionary on what was good from EQ and EQ2, and then after a couple starts/restarts, a few people decided to go full-retard on design scope.. I won't name names, because I think it's very unprofessional, but the reality is the people who made these insane decisions will never actually take the fall for their failure. You can't simply steal features a la carte from other games, mash them together, and expect fun to result.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
The really sad thing is the game started out being evolutionary on what was good from EQ and EQ2, and then after a couple starts/restarts, a few people decided to go full-retard on design scope.. I won't name names, because I think it's very unprofessional, but the reality is the people who made these insane decisions will never actually take the fall for their failure. You can't simply steal features a la carte from other games, mash them together, and expect fun to result.
I can name one. Dave Georgeson.

Astaire_sl

shitlord
This pleases me. When they started talking about pirates and ninjas being playable classes and fucking with the established deity lineup, this game became something I hadn't been waiting for. If they go the route of EQ3 or an updated EQ1, I'll get excited again. There will be no ninjas in my Norrath.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I was never excited about EverQuest Next...Ok...I lied. I was. But then I saw the initial stuff they put together on the youtube and I thought to myself, "nope". I will never understand how much work went into the original EQ (especially during the time that it was made) and how shitty games are today.