EQ Never

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
So you are both basically saying that nothing matters outside of raids, you get mythic gear in Tx, you're good to go until Normal Tx+1, up to and including the 10 levels, the dungeon progression and the little bits of stuff you have to generally get such as enchants and gems for blue gear.
Is it so important to keep gear relevant for so long? It would invalidate the next expansion largest slice (overland+dungeons) because I suppose most of the playerbase would purchase trips in heroic and mythic raids during the content drought period, so they just have to spend a couple hours grinding levels and they would be ready for the next raid when the next expansion releases, but I have to ask: how is this any good for the game or for any game at that? Just ask for a server called World of Raids where you don't have to do a shit, just hop from a tier to the next, ala Diablo Greater Rifts. If that's your idea of MMO, I'm not waving the same flag as you, I'm sorry. It's not like Blizzard didn't make enough bad calls to morph this game into a lobby game already.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
But you're implying that the leveling experience lasts a good length of time, which it doesnt. Leveling in WoW and the content therein hasnt mattered more than a few hours since WOTLK and even then it was on the decline. I went from 80 to 85 in two sessions from what I remember. The 85-90 experience was the same and 90-100 lasted maybe four sessions. A session being 3-4 hours tops. A lot of stuff in WoD was just new and I messed around in the garrison a lot. Dungeons in WoW are almost guaranteed drops for your class. You can have the piece that you're looking for in a few runs on average. Average dungeon length is 10 minutes for a group of friends that arent pants on head retarded. With the ease of obtaining gear and levels in WoW during that, is it really that important that it should nullify weeks, if not months of progression in a matter of days?

If we're talking about a longer leveling experience with a more meaningful world, similar to BDO - but something with an actual raiding ideology - then sure. Replace my gear. As it stands, WoW just shits on your gear in a matter of hours and I just think its absurd. Hell, think of it through lore if you want to. You just killed Arthas, a threat so great to the world that both factions rallied against him and you got a piece of gear that was more powerful than anything else. Cata comes out and now all of a sudden there is a full set of "rare" gear that outdoes all of your "epic" gear? Would Arthas really have shitty gear? Would that Quest NPC really have gear that was more powerful than his?

Before anyone says anything, Im not looking at making anyone go back to a previous expansion raid in order to enter the raid scene. They can go the traditional Quest > Dungeon > LFR > Normal route. Nor am I saying that I want some barrier to entry. I just wish Blizzard would design gear and drops to be more meaningful and last into the next bracket of the same archetype. Mythic Expansion 1 to Normal Expansion 2.

Malakriss

Make gear modifiable and have split path progression. Dungeons and raids would progressively increase stats like haste/crit/power while upgrades from leveling and questing would have swappable augments to raise base stats like strength and vitality. When a level raise comes along you swap the higher base stat augments into your raid weapon/armor without sacrificing secondary stats. Then they do their formula magic so you need higher values at the new level cap for the same % of crit or whatever, leaving the treadmill intact but not completely reseting the gear. PVP gear would be handled similarly so your old gear is still useful at the start.

Hell, tie it in to the crafting system so the more difficult quests offer recipes for the best augments and the materials are farmable through various PVE/PVP activities respectively so people can solo/group for it in their downtime.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Barring Daybreak burning to the ground, it's practically guaranteed that they'll make another go at EQ3 eventually, but this soon? Doesn't seem likely.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
F2P trend is waning a bit and if they wanted a MOBA they should have started three years ago.

I'd bet on Destiny/Division in Norrath which will also be released after all the hype in the genre is gone.

The idiots that run DBG are the same idiots that were making dumb ass decisions back when it was SoE. What on Earth makes you think they will start making smart decisions ever?

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
The idiots that run DBG are the same idiots that were making dumb ass decisions back when it was SoE. What on Earth makes you think they will start making smart decisions ever?
That's not true, the idiots that run DBG are the idiots so dumb they stuck around when the top shelf idiots bailed for greener pastures.

That's not true, the idiots that run DBG are the idiots so dumb they stuck around when the top shelf idiots bailed for greener pastures.
Well I don't blame them for wanting to continue getting a pay check, but the problem is that SoE/DBG has never had a history of hiring truly qualified individuals AND putting them in a position to make the right things happen.

Instead, the people that make the decisions over there continue to just go with the bare minimum to continue making money.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I still say the game could have been good, but they were too burdened into making it big.
In classic, the gods created and carved out before the game started. This could have instead been staged during such a time, releasing content (biomes, mobs, utilities) over time, like Minecraft did/does.
Players could have experienced Prexus flooding the world, etc, epic stories.
Perhaps not have the world directly destructible, but the mechanics in place for quests and events to transform
Be a part of something epic. Especially when Veeshan carves out whole canyons in areas you once explored and knew.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
If the next EQ isn't a first gen VR-MMORPG for PlayStationVR, DayBreak is fucking retarded.

Malakriss

Because they've done so well with new, evolving technologies that haven't been firmly established yet...

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Because they've done so well with new, evolving technologies that haven't been firmly established yet...
One team couldn't make code work on one project... So a totally new team won't have success developing a totally different product?

Is a VR helmet anything more than a display output device? Wouldn't it just be developing a normal, first person MMORPG with the world/controls designed to take advantage of VR environments? What does the viability of Voxels and StoryBricks have to do with a display device? I don't get your point.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'm not Nostradamus, but I think it's safe to predict that it will be a long time before anyone dedicates a sizable budget to a VR-only game. The install base is very, very low for VR headsets, and likely will remain low for at least several years. They haven't exactly given non-enthusiasts a compelling reason to buy a headset yet (but I'm sure Facebook is working that out).

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I'm not Nostradamus, but I think it's safe to predict that it will be a long time before anyone dedicates a sizable budget to a VR-only game. The install base is very, very low for VR headsets, and likely will remain low for at least several years. They haven't exactly given non-enthusiasts a compelling reason to buy a headset yet (but I'm sure Facebook is working that out).
Yeah, you're right. I don't know what I was thinking.

rrr_img_134559.jpg

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Right now you need a high end PC(GTX 970 recommend minimum) and another 800 bucks to get in on VR. That's going to be a very tiny userbase for now, even when compared to early 3D accelerators.