EQ Never

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm kind of hoping you can setup shop to sell shit anywhere in the world. Right outside a dungeon, middle the desert, etc..
Have you played a game that has these? It's so horrible. Big ol text bubbles everywhere(50% of them advertising some RMT website), cluttering every single important area of the game. They were also used to never be kicked from the game during launches on full servers(hi2u no queues).

I think the only game I have played that did "personal shops" right was SWG and that was because they had huge acres of nothing to put shops down and you couldn't just plop one down anywhere because it was basically player housing being used as a business.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
EQ2 definitely had a guise quest you could do in Nektropos castle. I'm told it was nerfed later to be rogue type only.

That shit is classic right there.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
So where does one go to find the latest and greatest to come out of the panels that SOE will not be streaming?

tad10

Elisha Dushku
So where does one go to find the latest and greatest to come out of the panels that SOE will not be streaming?
I will be doing some semi-live/unable-to-access-wifi-due-to-1,000-laptops-not-live-at-all "blogging" here on the SOE Live - Live thread for those panels I'm attending (which is most but not all of them). Similar things are going on at the other forums covering EQN and EQhammer.com. I am pretty sure there's one other person from rerolled going to SOE Live but he was smart enough to not mention it.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Have you played a game that has these? It's so horrible. Big ol text bubbles everywhere(50% of them advertising some RMT website), cluttering every single important area of the game. They were also used to never be kicked from the game during launches on full servers(hi2u no queues).

I think the only game I have played that did "personal shops" right was SWG and that was because they had huge acres of nothing to put shops down and you couldn't just plop one down anywhere because it was basically player housing being used as a business.
Yeah this. It sounds great in your personal fantasy where dungeons are far and distant and you go through a journey to get there where you need supplies before you start like a Dragonlance novel. But the reality is that there are 500 people around you selling dumb shit and they all try to block the entrance to the dungeon so you have to see them, and then they crash the zone.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thanks for being our beat writer Tad. Ill be at work so it will be helpful to follow the thread

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
So on another note they're suppose to release that "early sketch" of the Gabor art at some point today. Heres to hoping for an easter egg, or race that was left out of the final piece, or something. If it is a no shit pencil version of the thai plastic surgery ladyboy, east LA chola, man hand firiona vie painting they released a while back I'll be disappointed, but not surprised.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Where is that promised video from last week. That was a cheap dick tease they pulled on us for all the viral social media marketing we did for them.

If I wanted to see a office hallway, I could just get my fat ass up from my office chair and take a walk right now. (But Im not)

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
How about revisiting the combat style we will be seeing after reviewing (or in some cases, watching for the first time) the animation reel?

I'm definitely thinking action-style combat with auto-attack. I've never played DCUO so I can't make a comparison to that as many here have.
Dcuo has the funnest combat of any mmo, in my opinion. It's similar to God of War with combos and everything. Not sure how much the Eq nostalgia people who wanted slow combat would enjoy that, but I'm all for it

Lenas

Trump's Staff
New pictures don't show anything new... Just works in progress.

rrr_img_38238.jpg

Where is that promised video from last week. That was a cheap dick tease they pulled on us for all the viral social media marketing we did for them.
Assholes aren't releasing it until 4 days after the reveal or something like that, which makes it useless.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah this. It sounds great in your personal fantasy where dungeons are far and distant and you go through a journey to get there where you need supplies before you start like a Dragonlance novel. But the reality is that there are 500 people around you selling dumb shit and they all try to block the entrance to the dungeon so you have to see them, and then they crash the zone.
There's ways they could do it to lessen those negatives, though. Only certain places you can set up, have to be certain level, no chat bubbles, have to be offline, etc.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
There's ways they could do it to lessen those negatives, though. Only certain places you can set up, have to be certain level, no chat bubbles, have to be offline, etc.
Games do this already, and it still happens. Plus wihtout "chat bubbles" there is zero way to navigate through the 100 shops sitting in one spot. How many people are you going to click on before you give up?

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
The reality is most games have no need of it because there is virtually nothing to sell. The incremental upgrades every other hub and lack of worthwhile upgrade outside of instances and with how quick gear gets replaced its all mostly pointless. Especially with a full ah only a hearth stone click away.

Personally I like how eve did things. Separate regions with their own ah with real supply and demand issues making prices fluctuate. Combined with a huge open world and slower travel makes for interesting game play.

While I didn't like the end game tera gear grind there is one good thing about it. + up your weapons provides demand for shit loot which is other wise vendor trash. If it wasn't so retarded on the high end it is actually a good system.

forehead

Trakanon Raider
His original sketch looks better than the finished product. I'm sure some exec's came in and said "FV looks too sassy. Make her look more timid. Oh, and give that chick on the rock a huge mallet, but make sure she's only holding it with one hand."

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Games do this already, and it still happens. Plus wihtout "chat bubbles" there is zero way to navigate through the 100 shops sitting in one spot. How many people are you going to click on before you give up?
Merge all listings from nearby players in a single vendor NPC's shop with filterable interface, similar to a bazaar window. Make player characters invisible while in merchant mode.

Malkav

French Madman
His original sketch looks better than the finished product. I'm sure some exec's came in and said "FV looks too sassy. Make her look more timid. Oh, and give that chick on the rock a huge mallet, but make sure she's only holding it with one hand."
The human is still checking on FV's ass though.

But I agree, FV is better on the early sketch.

I am Surprised that Smed and Linda C did not make 1 them in the picture have a Wand of station cash along with hotlinks to buy station cash.