EQ Never

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
My first death went something like this, I was about to talk to an NPC...

Ha..

and then I died.
smile.png

Terial

Trakanon Raider
first death: Started as a high elf at greater fay, explored my way left. found a zone to lesser fay, it was foggy and in the distance i saw a giant spider leg, this freaked me out as this game was all in first person back then so scale really was sweet... so i ran, that's when i saw a floating sword, i went to investigate... and so did it, i died.
Miss first person MMO's, as well as mid/high level zones near starter towns.

misery_sl

shitlord
I remember forgetting to get a fire beetle eye on my human ranger. So I got stuck in the tunnel between Everfrost and Blackburrow in pitch black. Didnt even know WTF was up or down it was so dark. So I had to cast a flame lick on my ass over and over until I navigated through that bitch.

Emergent as fuck!
If they don't bring back crippling darkness I'm going to be sad. I still remember how awesome I felt when I got a lightstone from a wisp, or when I played on my Iksar with that awesome night vision.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
YEah people complain about quality of life bullshit, but taking shit out like absolute darkness and infra vision and crap like that just dilutes the game IMO.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
If you're concerned about entering your credentials, just go to station.sony.com, log in, and then follow that link. You're logged in and access the EQ Next signup.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
If they don't bring back crippling darkness I'm going to be sad. I still remember how awesome I felt when I got a lightstone from a wisp, or when I played on my Iksar with that awesome night vision.
Shit has been nerfed hard in the original. I don't see them reversing that.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Shit has been nerfed hard in the original. I don't see them reversing that.
Yeah I know, its nice to dream though, right? Youre right though, last time I played there was no dark corridors anymore that you could not see in.

Isnt that how its supposed to be in a rpg though? Getting that lantern or figuring out that a fire beetle eye gives you light? Instead we get a boar ass quest.