EQ Never

aside from smedley, what are these developers' credentials? judging by these panels, it sounds like they're completely blind to the "spirit" of mmos and they seem to reject everything that made earlier mmos great. did these guys even play games like uo and everquest?

again, i'm not saying developers should borrow every design from everquest, but this just screams style over substance. they're more concerned with their characters sliding down hills and whirling around with their weapons than they are about fostering a community and any real sense of danger.
After watching that panel not kidding either, I think we are fucked.
Maybe this is why more of the game is not done lol, if they have more devs like these idiots.I can see it now at SOE for last couple years they just sit in groups while wine tasting, and passing cheese around in deep psychological discussion of what it means to be each class, how there emotions of each class is.

Jesus mates we are fucked.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
actually targeting and locking shit down is what makes some groups really good and some groups die. You must play eq1 to understand this, start on p99 kegz is a homo.
Phst, play a game where you have to aim your CC and abilities at a mob, instead of just tab targeting through or clicking on the one you want. I will give them this, action style combat is a lot more engaging, at least to me. Why I wish wildstar was going full action(ala tera) but I can't have it all I guess. Maybe this game will do it, or it will go the route of gw2/wildstar where its not full action but at least half.

Straight from John Smedley.

EQN is FTP (2:57)
We already knew that.

rolx_sl

shitlord
Phst, play a game where you have to aim your CC and abilities at a mob, instead of just tab targeting through or clicking on the one you want. I will give them this, action style combat is a lot more engaging, at least to me. Why I wish wildstar was going full action(ala tera) but I can't have it all I guess. Maybe this game will do it, or it will go the route of gw2/wildstar where its not full action but at least half.

We already knew that.
Aiming in MMO's is the worst idea ever. All it does is encourage bots. Then you never know whos good or whos not. You can't even play Darkfall without a bot or you will get owned. Now that is hardcore.

You guys might have known, but I've seen arguing all over the interwebs about it.. pretty retarded.. figure if maybe everybody heard it from douche face they would finally believe it.

After watching that panel not kidding either, I think we are fucked.
Maybe this is why more of the game is not done lol, if they have more devs like these idiots.I can see it now at SOE for last couple years they just sit in groups while wine tasting, and passing cheese around in deep psychological discussion of what it means to be each class, how there emotions of each class is.

Jesus mates we are fucked.
Its like those fucking Devs were having deep psychological discussions about all the classes for last 1 year, instead of getting shit done they do deep psychological discussions while wine testing and passing many merlot bottles.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
i'm paraphrasing here, but one of the guys on the panel explained their reason for making classes more flexible:

"we didn't want players to have to wait for their friends to log on."

unless you made an agreement to level up with your friends, when the fuck has this ever happened?

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Straight from John Smedley.

EQN is FTP (2:57)

The average MMO's their developers have worked on is 3. Thats a lot.

No shit Smed? How many of those weren't pieces of shit? Wait, none? Literally, nobody on your team has made anything legitimately good? Brilliant! Lets get all these guys in a room and design an "emergent" MMO!!!!!!!!!!!11111!!!

rolx_sl

shitlord
Why does this video keep timing out, lagging fuck trying to watch it.

My connection is 150 ms its not my connection.
Your not missing anything all he said was no one likes leveling up, killing cool shit, and getting loot I guess. And its time to change the industry. I just turned it off after that.

Vilmz_sl

shitlord
They need to put a poll up on the roundtable asking if people prefer the Holy Trinity or a total zerg fest of mashing buttons and fighting for yourself. I'm sure the results would be fairly skewed, and I don't mean for the latter.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Also, why aren't ANY of these cock-gobbling "journalists" asking real, hard-hitting, important questions? I get this is a fan-faire and not Nuremberg, but I haven't seen or read a single quote or instance of a journalist asking something even mildly controversial - which is odd, because this game is being made by SOE. Surely at least one of the journalists in attendance has played something these schlubs have produced this decade.