EQ Never

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If raids are capped at a size(as someone was told or led to believe) then they have to be instanced in some way(Traditional or phased). So you have them there. Does that extend to dungeons? Who knows.
Well they can just limit the raid size in the ui. And limit loot rights to those in the main force that kills it.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
The game looks absolutely incredible. It's not even a fucking debate. Your preference may be for a realistic style, but that doesn't mean the art for EQnext is poor by any stretch of the imagination.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
The game looks absolutely incredible. It's not even a fucking debate. Your preference may be for a realistic style, but that doesn't mean the art for EQnext is poor by any stretch of the imagination.
Except for the absurd Kerran armor. I think we can all agree on that :)

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I said I thought the artists were talented. You must have missed it, in spite of the fact that it was in almost every post of mine about the subject.

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Since @Melvin is writing FUD, let me clarify. At the Dev Brunch, Jeff Butler said that of the two previous versions, one was the hardcore EQ2 we were looking for. So, there was pushback by the fans at that table for EQ3. Butler was initially completely resistant to the idea but at the end of the discussion Butler stated that it "wouldn't be ruled out for the future." Again that may have been said just to shut up the fans, but maybe it was said because he was actually thinking about it.

@Melvin ProTip if you're going to call me a tard, I'd have stuck to something like my PvP overreach, where I fucked up or timeline because I won't explain why I think that's the eqn timeline.
Pfft. Butler didn't want to crush some fanboy's wet nerd dreams and now you're talking about EQ3 like it actually has a snowball's chance in hell of being created by SOE. If SOE thought that SOE could make that game in a way that was commercially viable, they would not have aborted it already.

Protip: You don't want to be called out for being retarded? Don't act retarded.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
I assume large bosses will be present during rallying calls. That would only make sense.

If it works like they say it will, would be cool if after the founding of Halas a barbarian chieftain comes out and gives the top 10 contributors each one of these hats for cosmetic purposes or something.

barbarian_image.JPG

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I said I thought the artists were talented. You must have missed it, in spite of the fact that it was in almost every post of mine about the subject.
Oh no no I wasn't necessarily referring to your posts, I was just making a blanket statement about the visuals and people's opinions about them.

The game looks amazing, and the continued debate is silliness at best. It detracts from discussions about the real issues the game has.

Ya, that particular armour is a bit gawdy, but I guarantee there will be a ton of choice when it comes to character appearance. SOE wants your money, and they know how to get it.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Pfft. Butler didn't want to crush some fanboy's wet nerd dreams and now you're talking about EQ3 like it actually has a snowball's chance in hell of being created by SOE. If SOE thought that SOE could make that game in a way that was commercially viable, they would not have aborted it already.
You can make a game that will get 200-400K subs and be profitable for a long, long time.
You can make a game that will get 2million-10million subs and be profitable for a long, long time.

You are company whose philosophy is to make a lot of games, even multiple copies of games with the same name but...
You can only make one game at a time.

Which game do you make first? And which game do you make second?

dogbarf_sl

shitlord
The models look alright, wouldn't call them amazing (Definitely a Bioshock Elizabeth vibe from the female wizard). Gotta judge it against standards from 2 years from now since the game wont be out for at least that long, but its all subjective. I prefer cartoony and well animated to realistic and horribly animated.

The concept art on the other hand is fucking deviant art tier terrible. Keith's art is so much better its saddening.

I honestly like this joke concept art more than what they showed in their panel.

rrr_img_39379.jpg

supertouch_sl

shitlord
There's a difference between graphics and aesthetics. The environments look pretty good and forgelight is impressive, but the models and armor look terrible. I sincerely hope they're just prototypes.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, Keith's art is amazing. Makes all the cartoons look like forgettable drek. He left us way too soon.

rrr_img_39380.jpg

Quaid

Trump's Staff
tad you need to stop making me think you have insider info about a potential spiritual successor to EQ1.

If you get me excited and it doesn't happen, I will literally hunt you down and fuck your mouth in front of your family while wearing Kerran armour and eating Pizza Hut.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Someday somebody will make a EvE / Dark Souls / EQ hybrid. I don't think it will be SoE though.

Nadili_sl

shitlord
The other reason I want EQ3, I think EQN will be a lot harder than anyone thinks and like Vanillla WoW will get slowly nerfed to casual play. It's a problem when you get 10 million players and 9.5 million of them are casual.
So how does making EQ3 change that it would still be more hardcore than those casuals will want anyways?

tad10

Elisha Dushku
tad you need to stop making me think you have insider info about a potential spiritual successor to EQ1.

If you get me excited and it doesn't happen, I will literally hunt you down and fuck your mouth in front of your family while wearing Kerran armour and eating Pizza Hut.
Sadly no info. I wish I had blackmail on Smed but I don't. I just think they have to do it because people are going to start getting more and more pissed and EQ1 and EQ2 are getting more and more ancient. The players of 1/2 aren't going to move to EQN. I still think the best idea was whoever said players should build EQ1 in Landmark. Was that Dumar?

tad10

Elisha Dushku
So how does making EQ3 change that it would still be more hardcore than those casuals will want anyways?
? I'm stating that any really difficult element of EQN will get nerfed. So even if it was a decent game from the get-go, with difficult AI, that's going to get nerfed when 1,000,000 Timmys discover they can't kill the Void Goliath.

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
You can make a game that will get 200-400K subs and be profitable for a long, long time.
You can make a game that will get 2million-10million subs and be profitable for a long, long time.

You are company whose philosophy is to make a lot of games, even multiple copies of games with the same name but...
You can only make one game at a time.

Which game do you make first? And which game do you make second?
Feel free to dream whatever dreams your hearty heart desires.

Back here in reality, which game has SOE already tried to create, then aborted before starting from scratch on something that is at least commercially viable on the back of a napkin? EQ3.

Nadili_sl

shitlord
? I'm stating that any really difficult element of EQN will get nerfed. So even if it was a decent game from the get-go, with difficult AI, that's going to get nerfed when 1,000,000 Timmys discover they can't kill the Void Goliath.
Right but releasing EQ3 would still be too hard for those players so it's same thing people are going to QQ no matter. No developer has any balls anymore to just say no because it would affect the bottomline. So either way whether it's E3 or EQN it's going to be nerfed or they will actually grow a pair.