EQ Never

spronk

FPS noob
they need to make with the landmark beta quick, I have nothing I want to play right now thanks to the build up to this shit.
the f2p space is fucking amazing right now, I am playing War Thunder and Star Conflict right now (ww2 airplanes and spaceship fighting respectively), and have to decide between TSW, Rift, LOTRO, Planetside 2, Defiance, and GW2 to level up a character (plus eq, eq2, vanguard, swtor, etc if you really want). Yeah none of them are really great but they all are fun for at least 20-50 hours, literally more hours of gaming time than I will have for the next 5 years and I'm sure a whole bunch more new stuff will be out by this time next year.

8-15 years ago you had to pick and stick with an MMO for a while, now you can just bounce between a ton of them with or without friends, like lebron.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
EQNext will not be the game for original EQ fans. This game will be the retarded King of the trio known as EQ2 ,Vanguard and EQnext.

All 3 of these FAILED/WILL FAIL hard at attaining the ascension know as EQ classic.

Fuck that stupid presentation I watched. The lead director had about as much charisma as my fungus'd toe.

No salty tears here. Just plain logic.
For fuck's sake people.

I want the hardcore EQ3 they dropped as much as etchazz or Nirgon, so much so that I'm going to fucking WRITE LETTERS to Smed & co. And if I can get some support I'll even make a goddamn FACEBOOK PAGE advocating for EQ3.

So while I agree it is "not the game for Original EQ fans" I thought rerolled (aka fohguild redux) was a little better forum than penny-arcade or SA or wtf the whiners populate these days. I thought there were actually gamers on this board who could look at a game design that incorporated some of the most popular gaming styles today and put it into an MMO and say "that may not be the shit I want to see, but that shit's going to popular with the money dumping 15 to 25 year old crowd."

You guys are reading the wrong forums - on ign/pcgamer/non-EQ forums people are fucking interested in EQN and EQN/L. My favorite comments "a MOBA MMO? Fuck yes."

More to the point, stop with all the GW2 comparisons. I'm pretty sure GW2 didn't allow you (as a friend mused in trying to figure out how to build a true tank in EQN) to slot a rogue's backstab ability on your Warrior so you can insta-gib the mob if it makes the mistake of turning its back on you to go after the paper wizard. Whether or not the trinity is in the game, you can, as Ukerric as already fucking figured out like 50 pages back, and you will build the trinity into your classes.

So again, all you salty mother fuckers, I like you am not going to be playing EQN long term due to lack of combat downtime and the fact that I really just want to be a leet monk, but it will be hella fun for a while. Particularly during beta and the first few months when nobody knows anything and we're figuring out how to play the game.

Take the Rock Golem example. It seems to me that you just dig a big fucking hole and pull that motherfucker to drop into it and then you and your level 1 buddies dps the shit out of it will it flounders trying to get out. That seems amusing to me, and something I could do for a few months while waiting for EQ3, I don't know about you salty fucks.

Anyway, lets write those letters to Smed & Butler and start that Facebook page!

Terial

Trakanon Raider
I'm still curious since you don't _have to_ multiclass, if there is an advantage to never multiclassing or picking up other classes....
If i pick monk and "progress" through the game with only the monk, will their be an advantage?

tad10

Elisha Dushku
So tad, to confirm..

I select a Warrior base class, and for sake of arguement a warrior's base skill bar selection is as follows..

1. [OFFENSIVE] 2. [DEFENSIVE] 3. [DEFENSIVE] 4. [MOVEMENT]

Despite me unlocking "Assassin", "Blademaster", "Wizard", and "Monk", allowing me to slot their respective abilities, I will always be relegated to my initial class hotbar selection of the warrior i.e.

1 Offensive, 2 Defensives, and 1 Movement ability. Correct?
You can switch your base class. That's what you're limited to you when you're using Warrior as your base class.

So no.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
I'm still curious since you don't _have to_ multiclass, if there is an advantage to never multiclassing or picking up other classes....
If i pick monk and "progress" through the game with only the monk, will their be an advantage?
They haven't divulged information about it but if I had to guess it would be the synergy and homogenization of your gear that would be the biggest benefit for NOT multiclassing but that is a wild ass guess.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
I'm down. I don't think it'll happen, but I'm with you.

There was a dedicated group of Earthbound players. They had a website called Starman.net or something, anyway they got a real book, a fucking scrap book, and got like 10,000 signatures or something in a petition to make a Earthbound (Mother) Sequel that was already like half complete. They sent these hand packaged, hand written collections of letters and shit to like Nintendo of Japan, Nintendo of America, and the guy who created mother.

They were told to go suck a box of dicks.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
You will be itemizing just for your monk, so yes, for a while. But at some point, you'll be so well itemized for your monk that you're really going to have to pick up other classes for progression. More to the point, there are some abilities you want to make your monk better that are only available from other classes. So you can play your monk, but (lets say the monk has a defensive ability) but you want to pick up some kind of healer class early on to slot a basic self-heal for soloing w/o healers.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I'm down. I don't think it'll happen, but I'm with you.

There was a dedicated group of Earthbound players. They had a website called Starman.net or something, anyway they got a real book, a fucking scrap book, and got like 10,000 signatures or something in a petition to make a Earthbound (Mother) Sequel that was already like half complete. They sent these hand packaged, hand written collections of letters and shit to like Nintendo of Japan, Nintendo of America, and the guy who created mother.

They were told to go suck a box of dicks.
I have no internal information (sorry Quaid), but EQ1/2 are getting long in the tooth - at some point after EQN releases they have to do EQ3. The question is, is that a year after (well, okay) or longer (fuck
frown.png
).

tad10

Elisha Dushku
May be a dumb question but does unlocking classes impact the character or account you think? I'm assuming you still have restrictions based on your base class? i.e unlocking a Wizard does nothing if you are a base class of Warrior.

Whenever we straighten this out we get onto 3 other soapboxes and I forget what gets clarified every time...
Once you unlock another base class you can switch to that class and make it your main. Or you can just slot character abilities subject to the base class restrictions. They were clear about this.

The only character restrictions they mentioned was the sk or pally but not both.

Falmer_sl

shitlord
I have no internal information (sorry Quaid), but EQ1/2 are getting long in the tooth - at some point after EQN releases they have to do EQ3. The question is, is that a year after (well, okay) or longer (fuck
frown.png
).
They'll never release EQ3.

Enjoy playing League of Teenage Butthurt / Autismcraft combo for eternity.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
frown.png
).
Start a protest with thier active players! No playing thier games until they make EQ3. Only thing they know is money. Gotta hit them where it hurts

Fawlty_sl

shitlord
For fuck's sake people.

I want the hardcore EQ3 they dropped as much as etchazz or Nirgon, so much so that I'm going to fucking WRITE LETTERS to Smed & co. And if I can get some support I'll even make a goddamn FACEBOOK PAGE advocating for EQ3.

So while I agree it is "not the game for Original EQ fans" I thought rerolled (aka fohguild redux) was a little better forum than penny-arcade or SA or wtf the whiners populate these days. I thought there were actually gamers on this board who could look at a game design that incorporated some of the most popular gaming styles today and put it into an MMO and say "that may not be the shit I want to see, but that shit's going to popular with the money dumping 15 to 25 year old crowd."

You guys are reading the wrong forums - on ign/pcgamer/non-EQ forums people are fucking interested in EQN and EQN/L. My favorite comments "a MOBA MMO? Fuck yes."

More to the point, stop with all the GW2 comparisons. I'm pretty sure GW2 didn't allow you (as a friend mused in trying to figure out how to build a true tank in EQN) to slot a rogue's backstab ability on your Warrior so you can insta-gib the mob if it makes the mistake of turning its back on you to go after the paper wizard. Whether or not the trinity is in the game, you can, as Ukerric as already fucking figured out like 50 pages back, and you will build the trinity into your classes.

So again, all you salty mother fuckers, I like you am not going to be playing EQN long term due to lack of combat downtime and the fact that I really just want to be a leet monk, but it will be hella fun for a while. Particularly during beta and the first few months when nobody knows anything and we're figuring out how to play the game.

Take the Rock Golem example. It seems to me that you just dig a big fucking hole and pull that motherfucker to drop into it and then you and your level 1 buddies dps the shit out of it will it flounders trying to get out. That seems amusing to me, and something I could do for a few months while waiting for EQ3, I don't know about you salty fucks.

You are behind this project because of the time you spent slithering around with the developers at their lame conference. What kind of money will these 15 yr olds be dropping? All the cash from their newspaper routes? Their Chuck E Cheese allowance?

Even if you somehow hornswaggled all the kids/teenagers with access to their parents credit cards into playing EQNext, what would the incentive be to spend money on a game that has little long term interest?

The easy solution would be to scrap the combat/classes/mechanics/obnoxious spell effects/DigDug mini game and develop EQ3 with their 'emergent AI'. I dont see why they made things this hard on themselves. Virtually no positive reception from players...only some lame online gaming sites claiming "Best of Show". I will enjoy watching SOE spiral into oblivion as they march onwards with this atrocity. By all initial reactions...this is going to be a massive failure.

Carl_sl

shitlord
You are behind this project because of the time you spent slithering around with the developers at their lame conference. What kind of money will these 15 yr olds be dropping? All the cash from their newspaper routes? Their Chuck E Cheese allowance?

Even if you somehow hornswaggled all the kids/teenagers with access to their parents credit cards into playing EQNext, what would the incentive be to spend money on a game that has little long term interest?

The easy solution would be to scrap the combat/classes/mechanics/obnoxious spell effects/DigDug mini game and develop EQ3 with their 'emergent AI'. I dont see why they made things this hard on themselves. Virtually no positive reception from players...only some lame online gaming sites claiming "Best of Show". I will enjoy watching SOE spiral into oblivion as they march onwards with this atrocity. By all initial reactions...this is going to be a massive failure.
Good second post! You'll fit right in with the rest of the crew here who love to ignore reality.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
You seriously think SOE is designing a game with no long-term interest or goals? This is the company that dreamt up Vex Thal keys. They know how to steal your hours away and I don't think this game is going to be as easy as everyone assumes it will be just by the number of classes.