EQ Never

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Bad part is I do not know if there is a middle ground. I think they either hit this out of the park or just whiff badly. And SOEs batting average is not good.
The AI could be amazing, but that doesn't change the basic mechanics. I think combat is going to be some mix between Guild Wars 2 and WildStar, even if SoE doesn't want to admit it.

I guess the real key is whether they can ensure various 'roles' feel unique and useful, without being required. They need to give people lots of options, but still not allow everyone to do everything - so there's some dependence on each other. I'm interested in seeing how they pull it off.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
My top 3

1. Players can max out all trade skills. ( I fucking hate having to chose )

2. Monks are a playable race and we get to split pulls

3. Player housing is done right. I was a huge fan of housing in EQ2 and how trade skills supported it.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
The AI could be amazing, but that doesn't change the basic mechanics. I think combat is going to be some mix between Guild Wars 2 and WildStar, even if SoE doesn't want to admit it.
Nah, either the Combat AI sucks and it's GW2 or the Combat AI is a mini-DM and it's fun and you need all roles to be successful (against the higher tier mobs).

tad10

Elisha Dushku
My top 3

1. Players can max out all trade skills. ( I fucking hate having to chose )

2. Monks are a playable classe and we get to split pulls
1. Seems likely

2. Pulling is going to be interesting without standard agro mechanics... But yes they have to have monks.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
1. Seems likely

2. Pulling is going to be interesting without standard agro mechanics... But yes they have to have monks.
Where's my player housing? If you want to be the Grinch who stole Christmas wait till December!!

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Unsure if this has been posted or not.

For those with old EQ accounts, that are from Europe, we are not able to use those accounts to apply for the beta due to the IP restrictions on the SOE site.

Here is a way around it (just did this two minutes ago, so can confirm it works).

Go to soe.com (no need for hiding your IP address) and log into the account you wish to apply for beta with.

Paste

ttps://account.station.sony.com/authenticated/beta/signUpForBetaRedirect.action?theme=eql&betaId=17&s ervice=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.everquestnext.com%2fbeta-registration
into the search bar and press enter. Edit - Add the H before https. Had to remove it for easier copy paste. It kept resetting to "url" and shortening the actual thing you need to copy paste.

You will get the normal "pick NA or EU" window popup, but the link will automatically register you for the beta. Can go check your email, and the beta application confirmation should be sent there immediately. So now you can rest easy knowing that if there are any preferences to old EQ players in beta picking, you will be able to benefit from that even if you are from Europe.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
If you're a totally rad player wanting to bring your game to the next level, check out theMadCatz RAT 3. I hear once your hand calluses over and you become used to the pinching, bleeding and scratching, it's bliss.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Too much =/ My mouse gaming will always be defined by the Logitek M518. The best I have ever used, bar none.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
For the record, I think the mouse I linked is hideous and the Naga looks about 12 steps beyond what I want in a mouse, too.
See, that's what I thought too. But man, freeing your left hand up to do only movement and a few utility functions is a fucking revelation. I NEVER miss a button press anymore. Never.

Tol_sl

shitlord
I found both the g600 and the naga to be horribly unergonomic. I went shopping for a new mouse a few months back, and got the g700. It's amazingly more comfortable for my grip, and even though it doesn't look like it, it has 13 macro keys. I could never upgrade from that and my mechanical keyboard with cherry red keys and basically be happy on peripherals forever.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Mouse preference is all subjective. Moral of the story is, save your wrist/sanity and get a multi button mouse if you are gonna play any hotbar combat oriented game at all. Period.

Astaire_sl

shitlord
I can't read the subreddit for EQNext any more. Anybody not convinced about certain aspects are "haters" and met with downvotes. It's turning into a circlejerk with the devs and a bunch of morons kissing ass. The art director is posting there and that batch of tools are praising the Kerran model.