EQ Never

gogojira_sl

shitlord
I saw your auction comment, his reply, in my opinion is tantamount to "Well, don't use the AH then lol you don't HAVE to use it ^_^"
That's exactly what it was, but that equates to someone asking for permadeath and the response being "well delete your character." Or a camp-based mob hunting request being responded to with "well get a group, sit in a corner and grind." It's a bad argument because if the tools are in place to support the opposing side, you're going to be discouraged from doing it and the rest of the server damn sure isn't going to embrace it.

It's not just a matter of "WELL DO IT, DUDE
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
," it's a matter of game design or the oft dreamed about ruleset putting restrictions in place.

Edit: And I definitely understand having a modern trading system in place because people would cry foul if it wasn't. Just give me a server that enables all the shit that most people hate these days and I'll be happy.

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
"How do you feel about modern concepts like guns and Ninjas in EverQuest Next?" WTF /sigh

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
I did it.. but real men ran Qeynos <------- Freeport. Q to F is Commie shit. And I did it with a wizard.. none of that SoW BS.

Devnull_sl

shitlord
Well they've already got furries and disney princesses. May as well run this shit into the ground. Vehicles are next. Why waste all that existing Planetside 2 code?

Devnull_sl

shitlord
Just think about the amazing Storybricks interaction between the Ninja and Pirate factions. With Everquest Next's innovative dynamic NPC interaction, players can chose which faction to support and earn a Pirate Hat or Ninja Katana cosmetic skin.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I wonder how much money it cost SOE to buy the best of show awards, given that they've done literally nothing with this vaporware other than outsource middleware and write shit down on napkins.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Because they cant let go of the fact they made a word out of reversing Sony EQ. They wont let that monumental discovery go quietly into the night. They are going to ride that wave all the way out.
There's going to be a reflecting surface close to the town sign for the really slow people, too. See what they can do with the tech advances since 1999.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
And we thought a poll on dwarves female beards was stupid. Never underestimate stupid.

edit, Geogeson is the least stupid of the bunch at least. Yall need to apologize for hatin the poneytail.

David Georgeson

I like modern world trappings to stay out of my fantasy games. Exceptions are things like steampunk and Vernian stuff. Grey line. #EQNRT

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Only 14 vapid polls to go!
I'll be sure to discuss this in depth and gush about the brilliance of gun wielding ninjas. Fucking hell, I'm so glad this is OUR* game otherwise we'd never get this list of amazing polls to vote on.

*All polls are considered irrelevant if the developer disagrees

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
"How do you feel about modern concepts like guns and Ninjas in EverQuest Next?" WTF /sigh
Is that true? Is that the question? I have not followed reddit or their round tables.

Now Ireallyunderstand why they do not post here. Can you imagine if a dev dared come here and post that as a serious question on these boards? Would not need Ut to run them into the ground. Ut would probably agree with them just to troll us all. Yeah, totally ninjas. Awesome dev ideas!!1

EDIT: Rombo..... No.. no.... nonononono