EQ Never

Dumar_sl

shitlord
If I see a troll with a big goofy grin on his face I'm probably gonna lose my mind.
rrr_img_42104.jpg

wizardsz_sl

shitlord
Someone should ask them if there is any possibility they might change a bit the models....just to know if we keep on following this game or move to black desert :S lol
I'm not against cartoony....things...but this is way too much

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I don't even give a fuck about the 'cartoony' style. In fact, I kinda like it (mind you, I like Pixar movies quite a bit as far as children's entertainment goes) ...but that dark elf model is just uninspired and poorly done. The bridge of the nose, the angle of the eyes, the hair style, the size of the ears, the point of the chin, the fullness of the cheeks, the tint of the skin.... Almost everything about it is wonky. It looks like it was done by a very poor artist with limited experience and imagination... If I didn't know better I'd think I was being trolled by fan art.

And wtf is with the dick sucking lips? Does he also have a fucking tongue ring? Didn't realize Drizzt gave such good head.

dgrabs_sl

shitlord
I don't even give a fuck about the 'cartoony' style. In fact, I kinda like it (mind you, I like Pixar movies quite a bit as far as children's entertainment goes) ...but that dark elf model is just uninspired and poorly done. The bridge of the nose, the angle of the eyes, the hair style, the size of the ears, the point of the chin, the fullness of the cheeks, the tint of the skin.... Almost everything about it is wonky. It looks like it was done by a very poor artist with limited experience and imagination... If I didn't know better I'd think I was being trolled by fan art.

And wtf is with the dick sucking lips? Does he also have a fucking tongue ring? Didn't realize Drizzt gave such good head.
The less character they give it, the easier it can be manipulated with SOEmote.

misery_sl

shitlord
Full lips for a more exotic and beautiful look. I keep hearing keywords like adorable, cute, beautiful, and the like when people describe these character models. Do they not realize that their main demographic will be teen to middle aged males? Not sure where I read this, but I think it was something like 65% of MMORPG players are male. I can't find the link, and wouldn't even be sure if it is viable info or not, but interesting nonetheless.

This also might be a bit dated, but I'm sure some of it still rings true. Plus, it's an interesting bunch of info.

http://www.nickyee.com/daedalus/gate...ographics.html

Dumar_sl

shitlord
Someone PM me when Samsung gets in the MMO market and decides to make a true EQ successor.
iEQ Galaxy Next 5S Pro? The entire technology sector is absolute shit. Hey bros, we just released the iPhone 5, but here's a gold bling 5S with nothing really new, please gobble it up like the sheep you are.

Maybe it'll have gold-dipped sparkling vampire Disney dark elves included.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Lol, all this rage over a face that is going to be masked over with a helm in 80% of players that play the toon. After you add armor, you see eyes, hair, beards. Female vs male, the armor will have bumps or not and showing skin in the leg and/or chest areas and possibly neck.

Look at Token art stuff over the years. Elves are pretty boys with full mask helms to cover their face from being damaged. This mimics many other fantasy trails. DE are even more so vain. If they gave them white curled wigs I wouldnt be shocked due to the nature of the aristocracies.

Art direction, looks more like Don Bluth and Dreamworks than Pixar/Disney.

While I too dont think some of this matches to what was envisioned, it would be more palatable if being good vs bad would distort the face and stance to match with their "Easy to see at first glance" nature of the player and path they are on. Much like their Armor and Weapon type idea on what was used to create it in mats and stats just by looking at it.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well here is Dave's reply.

de is still in progress but also, this is male. We only showed female concepts before. Different!
smile.png
btw.. we need to be able to embed tweets.

Falmer_sl

shitlord
Ugly women should never be allowed to make video game art. Let them flood deviantart or other such websites with visions of their unfulfilled hopes and dreams. It's unethical exposing other people to their drawn misery.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
have they shown EQN halflings at all? honest Q.
They haven't.

But if you you had a bunch of artists that are fans of the fantasy genre in a room and said draw what a female dwarf looks like and draw what a female halfling looks like.

The female halfling would look like the female dwarf concept art.

Again echo'ed from my post on reddit.

From Lords of The Rings.
Halflings.
Aragorn: They would be small. Only children to your eyes.
Dwarfs.
Gimli: It's true you don't see many dwarf women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for dwarf men.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Well here is Dave's reply.

btw.. we need to be able to embed tweets.
So...female dark elves are evil, while male dark elves are wholesome?

I wonder why they backtracked on the eyes with the character model; the female concept artworks have whites of the the eyes that are black, and also look to have slitted pupils (which makes sense, since there's supposed to be something draconic about them), while the character model just has normal eyes, but with red irises.

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
If the only problem with this game ends up being the art style, it would probably be eligible to be the 8th wonder of the world.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Lol, all this rage over a face that is going to be masked over with a helm in 80% of players that play the toon. After you add armor, you see eyes, hair, beards. Female vs male, the armor will have bumps or not and showing skin in the leg and/or chest areas and possibly neck.

Look at Token art stuff over the years. Elves are pretty boys with full mask helms to cover their face from being damaged. This mimics many other fantasy trails. DE are even more so vain. If they gave them white curled wigs I wouldnt be shocked due to the nature of the aristocracies.

Art direction, looks more like Don Bluth and Dreamworks than Pixar/Disney.

While I too dont think some of this matches to what was envisioned, it would be more palatable if being good vs bad would distort the face and stance to match with their "Easy to see at first glance" nature of the player and path they are on. Much like their Armor and Weapon type idea on what was used to create it in mats and stats just by looking at it.
I think most people don't care that much about the look themselves for the reasons you've stated. The problem is that this tips us off onto the development crew missing the mark when it comes to a sequel to EQ.

This is reminiscent to Diablo3's initial screenshots of looking like an isometric WoW. They did a lot to change the palette of Diablo3 but the game itself was not a successor to Diablo2.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
I think most people don't care that much about the look themselves for the reasons you've stated. The problem is that this tips us off onto the development crew missing the mark when it comes to a sequel to EQ.

This is reminiscent to Diablo3's initial screenshots of looking like an isometric WoW. They did a lot to change the palette of Diablo3 but the game itself was not a successor to Diablo2.
If you say you are going to draw me a banana and then give me this

1025843_e9b3_625x1000.jpg

Then every choice they make is suspect.