EQ Never

Maebe_sl

shitlord
aside from using absurd numbers for HP & damage, no I don't think you're capable of this. Another outstanding underestimation from an MMO development team.
They can do this no problem. They learnt how to do it when making mercs. They made the mercs better then real players and eventually had to make then stupider because of the obvious problems that introduces.

I can defeat any mob with X friends helping me. Until you limit X, you better hope the mob is worth defeating and will ONLY be defeated at a well-hypothesized time in your game's time table.

And if you limit X, you just designed an instance. Congrats, it's 2005 again.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
What if you bring x friends to crushbone and the AI creates a larger radius of detection for each player added, while a smaller group group could move with fewer adds.

As you fight your way to the king through wave after wave of attacking orcs who are alerted to your presence from the large group, the king reacts to the invasion of his town by triggering any number of defenses, triggering ambushes, fortifying his keep and increasing his personal bodyguard, and donning his battle armor

Meanwhile at another time, a small tight knit group works its way through the town, killing and moving with stealth. It gets to the king, waits for the right moment and then attacks, king utterly unprepared and without his retinue.

Obviously that works with a large boss mob in a town or city setting... Think Dain or Kael Drakkel raid.

Raids of boss mobs but more loner type might simply refuse the fight vs a large group. A dragon might fly away for example if the odds are too far out of whack. Large raid groups create noise and the larger the group, the farther away every mob in area can sense them from and react to the raid before the raid reacts to them.

I don't see any kind of good AI placing mobs in a room and leaving them there to,wait until someone comes along and kills them. They should be reacting to the environment as it changes.

Mughal

Bronze Knight of the Realm
aside from using absurd numbers for HP & damage, no I don't think you're capable of this. Another outstanding underestimation from an MMO development team.
eb6.jpg

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Just a shirt comment, calm down.
wink.png
Sorry man... Just 3 replies in a row from 3 unique posters were picking at minor physical aesthetic and wardrobe preferences of a dude just doing his job... That he probably fucking hates.

Needed to put a lid on it
tongue.png

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Granted the bar isn't set very high right now, but I think that's the most interesting info I've digested since themmobuff interviewat gamescum. Still lots of 'we can't talk about it yet' in there, but that was expected. Plenty of interesting stuff inbetween. Thank goodness the gentlemen at Storybricks have something interesting to say, the only message I'm getting from the SOE guys right now is basically 'once we figure it all out we'll let you know!'

I appreciate this effort.
I know you aren't saying this exactly, Couloir, but everyone bagging on SOE folks for not saying much: Given the level of nerd-rage over the things they have said, can you imagine what the blowback would be if they said something would be X and then they had to walk that back to Y? Shields would be splintered and forums would be broken in response. They were probably forced (although not completely unwillingly) out to start the PR campaign and got deluged with interest in a way that they probably didn't expect at this point. Now they have 100k neckbeards reading transcripts and swearing blood oaths if halflings' feet aren't hairy enough. Saying anything beyond bland generalities does these guys no good at this stage.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Sorry man... Just 3 replies in a row from 3 unique posters were picking at minor physical aesthetic and wardrobe preferences of a dude just doing his job... That he probably fucking hates.

Needed to put a lid on it
tongue.png
I can admit that I shouldn't dedicate a post criticizing the way a guy's shirt is worn. Next time I'll couple it with EQN criticism.
biggrin.png

dgrabs_sl

shitlord
I've yet to read anything from SOE that isn't a "hope to do" or "could potentially be" answer. These guys are digging a Grand Canyon sized hole for themselves and they're going to have a hell of a time climbing out of it.

As I've said a few time, their PR is absolutelyterrible.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
To move the video discussion onto the video's actual topic, I do hope that, if they make it into the game, ratongas will be a little moreratonga and a little less squirreltonga. They brought up skaven in the video, and I'd totally make a ratonga assassin as an alt if I could make him look like Deathmaster Snikch.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
To move the video discussion onto the video's actual topic, I do hope that, if they make it into the game, ratongas will be a little moreratonga and a little less squirreltonga. They brought up skaven in the video, and I'd totally make a ratonga assassin as an alt if I could make him look like Deathmaster Snikch.
Wow man... Prepare to be massively disappointed.

Dizzam_sl

shitlord
Where can AI in EQNext go?

Storybricks: We would rather not answer these questions. This will only add to speculation and hype of features that we might not develop. Again, we prefer to focus on what we are going to deliver in the short term. Happy to have our users speculate about Storybricks but we are not going to add fuel to the fire.

Terry Michaels: Our goal for EverQuest Next is to work with Storybricks to create an experience for players that hasn't been seen before in an MMO. So to answer your question, it can go as far as we need to in order to reach our goal!
Lol. Don't worry Storybricks team, T-dawg will keep that hype train running for ya!