EQ Never

gogojira_sl

shitlord
I can't quite explain why , and it surprises me , but Omeed bothers me far more than Ponytail in actual videos.

Agree with him or not , Ponytail comes off ok to listen to in videos at times at least, Omeed just really is someoen I don't want to listen to or watch for
some reason.
I actually agree with this, which is funny because a month or so ago my opinions were way different. I find myself looking at Georgeson as the only one answering in a manner I can agree with. I forget who it was that did that video interview outside (and removed from forced monologue with Omeed) with Georgeson, but he came across way better than his canned SOE presentations.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I only got around to watching this now, and what little info it held is in line with what I'd like to see. Less instancing and actual public dungeons. Now, the second half was worthless and they might come out with an innovative feature to replace instancing that is just as lame (dynamic phasing based on population, anyone?). But if you look beyond the reddit blabla and self-flattery about the stupid polls, the actual statement boils down to "public content, much reduced (or no) reliance on instancing dungeons". I can get behind that.

Like I said a couple of times, Georgeson is the only one that comes across as wanting to make a game with features that he considers worth including, while Butler and Co. mostly give the vibe "we'll throw in anything that gets us more concurrent users".

I dont think the polls are a serious effort at getting opinions - the wording choices and spread of choices is too manipulative to come out to what they want as a result. That said, it would be interesting if they made these videos and then followed them up with a poll that at least tries for unbiased and fair choices. I think that would stimulate a much more interesting discussion. where people actually talk what the topic is about, and not diverge too far into similar topics (like they claim happened here with drifting into pvp topics).

Now I'm gonna go look at the death penalty poll, expecting it to be slanted towards "little setback, recover on your own" with intended outliers of "permadeath or a least full level and corpse loss on death" and "no penalties, just stand back up at closest checkpoint". That way their intended WoW-like death penalty gets a majority. I wonder if that guess is spot on.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
The answer of the majority is always in the middle because they kind of like the idea of risk, but also kind of don't want real risk.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Any game that seriously considers guns and ninjas has already lost me.
What if that game was named "Guns and Ninjas: The MMO"? I mean, I think it'd be pretty fitting for it to have guns and ninjas. Also it sounds fucking awesome. I hear it has guns, AND ninjas.

As long as the ninjas can't hold the guns, that'd just be fucking stupid, and I'm already canceling my preorder.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Newlore ebookis up, for those interested.

I'm starting to get a heavy Riftwar vibe with regards to the origins of the various races. It's sounding like many of the races are immigrants from other worlds, that have portaled over to Norrath at some point in the past. We had heard something along those lines with regards to the shissar, and evidently we can add the ogres to that list as well.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Their polls are ridiculous.

They already know what they are doing on them , don't give a fuck what the results are , and have the canned responses from the team obviously coordinated up to show the different options.

I'd respect them much more if they quit doing this amateurish bullshjt of trying to act like these actually mean anything.
This.

Also, dig the Female Ogre art on the eBook cover. Female Ogres have the physical dimensions of Barbie.

MMOs are fucking pathetic these days, I'm going to be an old fucking man playing UO emulators and project 1999 version 16 and shit.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Face it, Flex. We'll never get characters again that look how they should according to Lore. They will always be supermodels showing tons of skin for their "war outfits".

It's a new MMO rule - all avatars must make at least 90% of users want to fuck them.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Interesting read. I thought the next book was going to be the rogue dorf?
Yeah, Moorguard posted on the official site saying they decided to shuffle up the release schedule of the lore pieces, said they wanted to flesh out the elf-dragon war part of the timeline more before moving on to a new time period.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
In regards to the last poll.
I posted corpse recovery but would really like corpse recovery and experience loss.

There are many ways death could work in MMOs. What's your preference for EverQuest Next?

Permadeath all the way! One death only, if you die, you start a new character. -
I want a hefty penalty such as a corpse run that might require an entire group to help. -
I want a fairly high personal-only penalty such as lost XP, de-leveling, orequipment damage. -
I prefer a minor penalty such as XP debt or a ghost corpse run that is essentially just a loss of time. -
There should be no penalty, just let me revive at a nearby location and go.

You can already see the direction they are leading this, lol SOE giving false choices since 1999.

Kenadul

Golden Knight of the Realm
It's amazing how my excitement for this game went from a 10 to a 1 and now probably a 5 just because they are trying something different. I purposely didn't comment on a lot of the theorizing and guessing since we don't really know much about the game since they still don't know what they are going to do themselves. I almost feel like EQ Next Landmark is going to end up being the game. Georgeson will be like "We're adding combat, we're adding this, and that, etc" and after a few patches "Surprise, Landmark is EQ Next, you're in our world again suckers". Landmark will basically allow them to test whatever ideas they have for the full game and make changes without the huge backlash of it being the live game, it's kind of smart really.

Mellent_sl

shitlord
It's very smart. I mean, they're making out Landmark to be the place where people go to build shit and fuck around. People aren't going to get so pissy they just up and leave the game if SOE makes a mistake (that they can fix).

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They should shut up and focus on making the game. They have nothing to show but hype. I hate to go UT on them but they are starting to get on my nerves with their BS.

Put out Landmark and make some actual progress on the game, THEN start the hype train. This constant stream of crap from no talent hucksters with fuck all to show but wish sandwiches is a waste of time.

bayr_sl

shitlord
These videos look like high school presentations that were made up the night before. They really have nothing at all even nearing completion do they

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
These videos look like high school presentations that were made up the night before. They really have nothing at all even nearing completion do they
Nah they dont, but that much has been clear since SOE live, nothing new really. Why they make those videos is anyone's guess, my take is they have a budget they need to get rid off.