EQ Next: #1 Next gen MMO

Treesong

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Champions of Norrath is a very very good game IMO.
Yeah, my kids played it forever on the PS2. I also bought them Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance for the PS2 but they hardly ever touched that: too much dialogue. :confused:

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Unless he was a total dick (doubt it), he probably still talks to his old friends that work there.
A total dick move would be to come here and blab about what his friends told him in confidence, IMO.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
Unless he was a total dick (doubt it), he probably still talks to his old friends that work there.

I do still talk to them on occasion, but they won't (and shouldn't) talk about internal development stuff to people outside the company.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I wonder WTF daybreak is doing? I mean, did they just buy those shit sandwiches to sit on them and milk them dry? Or are they actually going to step up and produce and publish some shit other than "expansions"

I still think the entire EQ name and all of its lore has some definite value.

gugabuba

Golden Knight of the Realm
I would have guessed they were just milking, but from that link, it sounds like they are actually trying to make a new game:
Emily Taylor in Massively OP said:
"Daybreak has way more staff now than when name changed," she says. "They just don't tweet about unannounced stuff so you don't see em!"

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I mean, the non-zombie version of their zombie game apparently prints money, so I can't fault for CN for trying to go back to the well.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
King of the Kill is a blast if you are looking for a quick fix, adrenaline rush type of game. If you have friends to run 2-5's and means to communicate via discord or whatever, it can are really fun. It is a little messy at times and stuff isn't perfect by any stretch but it's one thing they have going for them. I wish their survival game was a little better. Gets old too fast and still a lot of exploit and hacking going on. Not to mention you pay for it separately is stupid.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Landmark has been dead for a long time. There wasn't really anyone working on it when I left DBG 18 months ago.

Just curious... how many people are working on H1Z1? Didn't they have a pretty important dev pass away? Curious if they expect H1Z1 to continue to progress and evolve to a bigger, better game? As I said previously, I really enjoy the game but there's a lot of little things you have to overlook and shut your brain down to enjoy. It's not that it's a horrible thing but H1Z1 seems like a real financial potential for them. I'm assuming it's probably their most profitable game at the moment anyway.

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
H1Z1 had the most people in San Diego for sure. I don't remember the exact numbers. DCUO is the most profitable I think.. It's doing very very well.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Well on the TLP forums for EQ someone posted that there was an employee review from an eX dev which stated how it was run by bankers that didnt listen to staff and all developers hated management.. sure maybe thats for EQ but who knows. I do know when it comes to EQ, DBG is pretty retarded

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Domino and Seed been pretty active and quite bold in they tweets and replies tonight. Here is just one that I thought was slightly amusing...

Screen Shot 2017-02-21 at 9.52.05 PM.png